2012 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Responsive

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "details are well done"

Cons: "a bit pricey"

"Had the car a couple years, great for touring and quite nimble. Snow is no problem and the size is good for two or four. Handy to carry the kayak or bikes."

Solid Crossover

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"An excellent VW product. With smart driving and mid grade gas I'm able to average 25 MPG in the city. The turbo can really get this baby moving and it sticks to the road. In fact to me it feels less like an SUV and more like my old VW Rabbit, but with mor pickup! I've taken it on a long trip, 1800 miles round trip with 2 other adults plus an infant. It carried us and all our gear in comfort. The base model has more than enough features and I'd recommend this to anyone looking at a crossover."

Fun, Sporty, Practical, Small Family Car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Quick, Versatile, Practical,"

Cons: "Wish there was a little more cargo space."

"We love our Tiguan. It is a great vehicle that was reasonably priced with a little luxury to it and of course it is also sporty. It is just me and my wife; we use it to travel a good bit and it is great. We bought it with expectations of beginning a family. It is a very safe car ratings wise but it also provides a feeling of confidence. It is stable and feels planted to the gorund at all times. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable. We fell in love with the heated seats; being in the south we didnt think they were necessary but man have we changed our minds. The only complaint we have is that occasionally we will bring friends along on a trip. If you have four adults and any substantial amount of cargo or luggage it starts to get a little cramped. Oh, one last thing. This thing drives great in low traction situations. Ours is Front Wheel Drive but I have driven it confidentally during ice storms and wintery conditions. It even went up a steep hill where several cars were stranded trying to go up. We even used it to drive down a muddy Georgia red clay road which if you have had experience with can be as bad or worse than ice."

Good, but....

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "AWD, design, safety"

Cons: "price,cargo space,fuel injectors,VW claim service"

"I've had this vehicle (4 motion AWD) for close to 3 years. I've been happy with the car and had no major incidents until 4 months ago when the fuel injector broke down and I was stranded in the middle of nowhere. If I wasn't under warranty i'd be out of ~6k. Filed a trip interruption expense claim at VW, it took forever to get reviewed; I was granted compensation but haven't seen anything yet. They're unbelievably inefficient and slow. I like the ( interior & exterior) design, the sound system and handling/stability. Performs well in snow/on ice. Downsides are small cargo space and seat material which appears difficult to clean. I am concerned about expensive breakdowns after I'm out of warranty."

Amazing SUV

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, small enough to fit everywhere"

Cons: "Bumpy ride"

"Extremely fun to drive. Love the interior, it's very comfortable in both passenger seat and driver seat. Only complaint is that the Tigaun SEL is not as smooth riding as I would have hoped. If you want a smoother ride chose a S or SE."