2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Fun drive. Spacious CUV. Average mileage.

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

"I bought this car at 5200 miles and have driven it another 3000. It is a very smooth ride and comfortable to drive. The seat warmers on the SE are quite nice in the winter. The gas mileage is pretty comparable to the listed averages, perhaps a little low. Highway driving is more like 23-24 mpg. This vehicle feels more solid than the RAV4 and the excellent safety ratings make the insurance very affordable."

Great little SUV

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Zippy motor, solid build quality, VW quirkiness"

Cons: "Premium Gas, no automatic lights, no dual climate"

"I traded "down" from an 08 Acura MDX. I lost a few creature features by getting the Tiguan SE. (Power seats, mirrors that tilt down in reverse, automatic lights) I gained a fun driving little car. It handles incredibly well and puts a smile on your face around town or on the highway. Features: The controls are a touch on the complicated (AkA German) side but once you are used to them you find an oddly logical layout. The Navigation screen is tiny but serviceable and the stereo controls not intuitive. AMAZING Panoramic Roof! On the other hand the stereo sounds great and is full of great features, steaming blue tooth, MDI connection, Sirius/XM. The seats are very comfortable and supportive and over all love driving it. Function: Space is limited but functional. It is far smaller than my MDX but it is all I need. Rear seats are easy to fold down and the backseat legroom is surprisingly good. So far mileage has been higher than rated. I am averaging 27 in a blend of city and highway over the week I have owned the car. Fun to drive and a bit of a rare car on the road so you don't see one every 10 feet (like my MDX) Summary: You get back more than you give up by downsizing. Enough features, enough room and more than enough power in a small package."

Great car with some annoying quirks

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, agile, great driving experience"

Cons: "Gas, bad navigation system, over-sensitive ABS"

"When I was shopping for cars, the most important thing to me was driveability - how did it feel when driving it. This was by far the best car I tested in what I was looking for (a compact SUV), and I do not regret my purchase. The car handles well and feels great to drive. There are some annoying quirks, mainly with the onboard system. Basically, the navigation system is terrible and the whole system is very unintuitive. I also find the anti-lock brake system to be WAY too sensitive - it kicks at least once a day, whenever I brake while driving on even a bit of gravel. The gas mileage isn't great, and I wish it didn't have to be premium, but I don't drive so much that it's a big consideration. Ultimately, in the areas that matter most, this car is excellent."

quick and smooth

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"As a first time Volkswagen owner i must admit I did not choose this vehicle. My wife fell in love with the looks and small size while I was skeptical of the brand name compared to Honda. We now have 10,000 on this little machine and it has been a pleasure. Quick and sure footed, it drives out like a dream compared to the CRV. How will it do in the long-run? I don't know yet, but we have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle for now. It really is fun to drive. Ours is a 6speed auto 4-motion with panoramic sunroof and heated leather."

2010 VW tiguan Wolfsburg 4 motion

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Excellent fit and finish. This small SUV has great power/acceleration. Handles super around corners. Few minor complaints would be to offer auto/on-off headlamps on all models not just SEL. Cargo space is tight but rear seats do move forward/aft 6 inches, which is needed. Do not overlook this SUV, give it a test drive. I have driven all SUV's in this segment and this is one of the best..."