2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Great handling

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "?"

"Great handling, torque. Good in snow. Great reliability!"

my first suv no regrets.

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "A lot too many to mention."

Cons: "maybe could be a little cheaper but overall price not bad."

"Well my 4th vw and love it,but my first suv nothing bad to say about it,good horsepower for 4 cyls rides good handles very very good especially in the snow I got the SE 4motion gas mileage very good also,no complaints some people give some negative feedback about it I don't know what they expect example noise I never heard it.bottomline I recomend this compact suv to any regular size family 1 or 2 kids max even 5 average size persons could ride confortable."

Turbo is awesome!

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Great SUV, good gas mileage, solid build with Turbo. Love it!! Seats are very comfortable like sofa :)"

Tiger or Iguana - Liek it either way

By on Sunday, October 3, 2010

"So far, so good - A really nice little Car/SUV (I bought AWD) for the money. Very tight handling, really notice the power assisted steering, 2.0 Turbo is a rocket, Tiptronic shifting makes it fun to drive. Nice sound system, navigation and awesome panoramic moon roof...A bit of road noise from cabin, but not offensive. Lots of storage...everywhere. If I had one criticism, it would be the sluggish feel off the line when in drive versis using Tiptronic shifting. Gas mileage in city is just under 19 (I have lead foot, so it's cool) and highway betwen 25-27. Also - I'm not wild about wiper controls for front or real - Seems like the Germans tried to hide them, for whetever reason. Leatherette seating is awesome and better than leather from a cleaning perspective."

Great car

By on Monday, July 6, 2009

"power, performance and technology - far surpasses competition in all areas. Incredible build quality and refinement."

Fun to drive - great car

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pros: "Size, ride, utility"

"We own a 2010 Tiguan SEL 4Motion. After an initial navigation system glitch (turned out to be a bad antenna) we are extremely happy with this SUV. It is sporty and fun to drive. The turbo gives it plenty of power when needed. It has a firm, smooth ride and handles bumps well. Also does great in the snow. It has good cargo space for a full load of groceries with the seats up, and with the rear seats down, it has a lot of usable space for bikes, small furniture pieces, etc. Reliability has been excellent and parking it in urban areas is easy. It is a perfect small SUV for city dwellers."

Great car with some annoying quirks

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, agile, great driving experience"

Cons: "Gas, bad navigation system, over-sensitive ABS"

"When I was shopping for cars, the most important thing to me was driveability - how did it feel when driving it. This was by far the best car I tested in what I was looking for (a compact SUV), and I do not regret my purchase. The car handles well and feels great to drive. There are some annoying quirks, mainly with the onboard system. Basically, the navigation system is terrible and the whole system is very unintuitive. I also find the anti-lock brake system to be WAY too sensitive - it kicks at least once a day, whenever I brake while driving on even a bit of gravel. The gas mileage isn't great, and I wish it didn't have to be premium, but I don't drive so much that it's a big consideration. Ultimately, in the areas that matter most, this car is excellent."

By on Sunday, November 29, 2009

"I have had my Tiguan for a year now and I still love it!! I drive it in the Wyoming winter and it does great."

Small CUV that offers great performance and luxury

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Performance, good handling, acceleration"

Cons: "Pricey (unless compared to Audis and BMWs)"

"Good-handling small utility vehicle with turbo four and 6-speed automatic, navigation, rear camera, leather heated seats,power folding mirrors and adaptive xenon headlights for $35K -- coupled with excellent nearby dealer (in Mobile, AL)and 3-year free maintenance makes the Tiguan SEL a very competitive vehicle. You get 3/4 of of the new BMW X1 for much less in comparable trim. Downsides are just OK fuel mileage for class (Since new I've been getting about 22mpg around town and 26mpg on four-lanes and Interstates -- very close to EPA ratings), relatively small cargo space with rear seats up (but very good rear leg room) and inconvenient rear seat folding -- and they don't lie perfectly flat. But I traded these shortcomings for excellent handling and acceleration and a vehicle that is sporty and different from more common small utility vehicles."

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

This is our 3rd Tiguan

By on Monday, February 22, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, decent mpg!"

Cons: "none I can think of"

"We had a 2012, now have 2 2016's. Fun to drive, lots of power and well appointed. This is VW's best kept secret!!"

not great

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "price fine love to drive when its not in the shop"

Cons: "phone chargers"

"I bought this car used had it for a year and the dealer has had it more than I have first with just regular things like replaceing power switches then it went to fuel sending unit went out and they had it for 2 months now its back and had 7 codes in it to fix...."

Dissapointed

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good price, interio/ext excellent"

Cons: "premium gas, many repairs, only 3yr warranty"

"I bought my car and after only 32k went to the mechanic 2 times. First to replace the exhaust System then a coil blow because of that repair. dealer says probably to replace at a later time the other 3 coils left. I love the car, Outside and Inside is perfect but I'm afraid that after 5 years and no warranty I might need more major repairs. I would never buy VW again :("

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good economy, comfort and quality"

Cons: "18" wheels make for some expensive snow tires"

"I have been 100% happy with this vehicle. From the handling, to the gas mileage, to the build quality and the comfort I have no complaints. Space is great and the little 4 cylinder puts out plenty of power for the car."

I love it!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, looks, quality"

Cons: "Price...but hey, you get what you pay for!"

"I owned a 2009 prior to this one and it saved my life. Very comfortable and reliable. Sleek and stylish. I absolutely adore it. I think I treat it better than my family sometimes ;-)"

VW Tiguan

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

"I have a 2010 Tiguan, the cup holder and the emergency brake are next to each other. My wife's coffee splashed out and got on the E-brake. The E-Brake engages sometimes for 20-30 mins. and will not release, of course it was my fault even though it did this prior to the coffee incident and will not be covered by the warranty. Also, the brakes do not always work properly when stopping, sometimes you wonder if you are going to get stopped. The vehicle has great power and is comfortable, however, I would not recommend the vehicle and after the way ALL VW service department have treated us I will not ever be buying another VW. The vehicle is great when it is brand new but after some road time it will have problems. The day after I bought the car I had a note left on my windshield that said I would regret buying a VW and to get rid of it before the warranty runs out which is something like 3yr/36000 so evidently VW doesn't have much faith in their vehicles either. They cost a fortune to fix as well. Hope this helps."

Excellent value, the GTI of SUVs

By on Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, quality, performance, great to drive"

Cons: "Luggage space, fuel consumption"

"After almost 2 years ownership we still love this car. It's well made, has excellent performance and is extremely comfortable. The interior is made to Audi quality standards. The ride is excellent over Houston's potholed roads. The only negative is that the luggage space is a bit limited compared to it's competitors. We've had no reliability issues whatsoever. The turbo engine delivers effortless acceleration that shames many sportscars. Fuel economy is a but higher than expected, especially around town. Highly recommended."

Nice car, but... with BIG but.

By on Monday, June 4, 2012

Pros: "in overall - great car"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"Loved it from day 1. All was great and with no problems until 27K at 22 months old. Being away from home 250 miles, loosing coolant... visited nearest VW dealer seeking for help. Checked vehicle, could not find any thing. Gave me 2 extra bottles of coolant and OK to drive home. As soon as I get home I go to my dealership for check up: head gasket! Engine replaced. Month after, engine light is on again: mass airflow sensor. Don't trust is anymore. Can't wait to pay it off and get something else, but not VW anymore."

Great fun to drive. Agile, plenty of power.

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun to drive."

Cons: "Well above averge repair costs."

"My Tiguan is a 2010. Drives like a small European sports car. Adequate interior space, 4 motion AWD tracks very well through some of the worst winter weather driving (except higher snow drifts). My complaints are with below average reliability. Problems began at around 70,000 miles. I've had 3 water pumps, trouble with emissions system, replaced turbo, clogged injectors, replaced nearly all motor seals, and other issues. Total cost of dealer completed repairs and maintenance to date with 108k miles - $13,600 (ridiculous). If you get one of these, enjoy it until around 60k miles, then get rid of it!"

5 Years Going Strong

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, compact, room for small family"

Cons: "gas milage could be better for size"

"I've had my 2010 vw tIGUAN going on 5 years and still feel like it is new. I've replaced the front and rear brakes once, had an interior light issue, and electronic parking brake stick... but other than that no other fixes than regular maintenance. New tires once. I do own snow tires though too. it handles great, love the turbo. OK on gas, not great, but gets about 18 city, 20-21 highway. leather seems brand new, shines up nice, no rust. I even was rear ended and it held up good. minimal visual damage though it cost the other person 6k to fix. no injuries to the passengers."

Seriously Sporty Small SUV

By on Friday, June 7, 2013

Pros: "Handling, acceleration, options and features, VW i"

Cons: "Kind of cut-rate on details, premium fuel required"

"Bought in 2011 for good acceleration and handling -- turbo 2.0 liter engine is same as in GTI and has 6-speed torque convertor transmission (less common among small crossovers then than now). Picked SEL with upgraded Nav to get adaptive headlights, power drivers seat and back-up camera. Most expensive version (delivered: $35K). Love the performance but less excited about utility as an SUV -- small on the outside is good but this one is cramped on the inside. Minimal storage in passenger compartment and the most awkward fold down rear seats that I can recall (my old Santa Fe's were equally crude with same straps, but far easier to use and requiring less muscle.) Dealership has exceptionally good service department and with VW's no-cost maintenance I have spent $0 on anything (ran out a few months ago so I'm now on my own with pretty steep labor rates and very expensive parts). I like VW's and love the dealer -- have a second one ('08 Rabbit) and will keep it when the Tiguan goes. Interesting that the $20K Rabbit is a more refined design and has a more upscale feel even though it lacks the Tiguan's gadgets -- and it doesn't require a manual strut to keep the hood open (a real down-scale item on Tiguan)"

Fun and good design!

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value."

Cons: "premium gas."

"Fun to drive. Smart and cute. Stylish exterior and premium interior. I love my car!"

Honest Comparison on Tiguan

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "superb handling"

Cons: "price over the ceiling when options are added"

"i know i maybe too early to rate my Tiguan (only 1500miles,) but i m talking about 1500miles in 3wks cuz it's really a blast to drive. i had a venza (09,) a RX (03,) 2 CRVs (99,2011)"

2010 Wolfsburg

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"This is my 6th VW and my first suv. I couldn't be happier with my choice to stay with VW even in my time of needing an suv. This crossover is absolutely perfect for me. I just can't wait for winter!"

Great vehicle with a lot of power

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, can go anywhere"

Cons: "Rough ride, premium gas, not great gas mileage"

"I like this car but ride is a little rough and sometimes it feels like it is cutting out. Not thrilled with need for premium gas and without premium gas it really is noticeable."