2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Great fun to drive. Agile, plenty of power.

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun to drive."

Cons: "Well above averge repair costs."

"My Tiguan is a 2010. Drives like a small European sports car. Adequate interior space, 4 motion AWD tracks very well through some of the worst winter weather driving (except higher snow drifts). My complaints are with below average reliability. Problems began at around 70,000 miles. I've had 3 water pumps, trouble with emissions system, replaced turbo, clogged injectors, replaced nearly all motor seals, and other issues. Total cost of dealer completed repairs and maintenance to date with 108k miles - $13,600 (ridiculous). If you get one of these, enjoy it until around 60k miles, then get rid of it!"

This is an excellent small SUV, great driving...

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Great power, good fit and finish, comfortable..."

Cons: "Premium gas, average mpg..."

"The Tiguan has impressive performance and power that gets you everywhere. Fit and finish are quite good, and the cabin is spacious for its size. The engine is very peppy, although it runs on premium gas that makes it more expensive to own. However, the overall good quality, nice dimensions that make it easy to park and maneuver, and fairly low road noise make it a good choice among other SUV's."

Enjoyable, just avoid the running boards!

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Stained running boards"

"We picked up this car a couple months ago, and we have enjoyed it so far. You know going in that this car is going to be short on rear cargo space, the gas mileage is not going to be as good as the competitors, and the safety ratings on this car are not as good as they could be. That being said, you get a comfortable riding car that is fun to drive. Our biggest complaint is the running boards. While they looked great off the lot, and they are helpful for our child, they are stained from the winter road treatment. The dealership says I can get down there and scrub them with steel wool, but to be honest, I don't baby my car that much. I keep it clean and run it through the car wash regularly, but I don't fine tooth comb it. Plus, I really don't want to risk putting scratches on them. So unless you need them, I recommend saving the cash. All in all, great car. I can't say it enough, don't get the running boards (unless you are the kind of person that enjoys scrubbing your car with steel wool)."

5 Years Going Strong

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, compact, room for small family"

Cons: "gas milage could be better for size"

"I've had my 2010 vw tIGUAN going on 5 years and still feel like it is new. I've replaced the front and rear brakes once, had an interior light issue, and electronic parking brake stick... but other than that no other fixes than regular maintenance. New tires once. I do own snow tires though too. it handles great, love the turbo. OK on gas, not great, but gets about 18 city, 20-21 highway. leather seems brand new, shines up nice, no rust. I even was rear ended and it held up good. minimal visual damage though it cost the other person 6k to fix. no injuries to the passengers."

Good, but has trade offs

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

"I had this vehicle as my primary vehicle as daily commute and business trips vehicle. 1. Great quality and materials used. Feels like a luxury CUV. I've driven MBZ GL450, Toyota RAV4. VW feels much substantial than Toyota. The material and feel of the vehicle, is not much off from MBZ. I've driven a Jetta TDI Wagon as a rental for a few days. It does not even touch the Tiguan on road manner and handling. Solid and secure at high speed. 2. MPG is not great, 22-23mpg and requires premium. 3. 2.0TSI is great, but at 80K, engine light came on. Spent $800 for a valve cleaning job. Was told by the dealer that Direct Injection was clogged causing cylinder misfires. Great new to me was that engine was fine, but require manual cleaning of the valves tha requires $$$$. 4. Reliability. Mine besides the valve cleaning, no other repairs was needed. I drive 18-20K a year. Car runs and runs. The Tiguan actually feels more powerful than when it was new. It feels looser, and Revs more freely now the engine. The engine still sounds like new."

Brand new Tiguan a pleasure to drive

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive! Upscale feel to interior!"

Cons: "Premium unleaded huel recommended by VW."

"Have had car several weeks and I am so glad I bought Tiguan over the Subaru Outback. It has pep and has an up scale feel to it."

Appreciate the German engineering.

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "My wife and I have been the only drivers ."

Cons: "Would have enjoyed power seats."

"My wife and I are both home bound because of our health and must give up our drivers license ."

Excellent winter car

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "Fuel mpg"

"Excellent car"

Nice car - not reliable

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

"Has left my wife stranded more than once - running out of gas not included. Great car when working properly. Drives nice, plenty of power, looks good, comfortable. Heating and A/C control is not up to the standard of the rest of the car."

Comfortable, though not alot of storage space

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Navigation/Audio and Panaramic roof are top notch"

Cons: "Gas miieage with kids and stuff, only so-so"

"Have had this Tiquan for one year, and it has been a pleasure to drive. Engine has quite a bit of pep to it. Though when we had whole family in it, along with cargo box on roof and three mountain bikes mounted on back, it was pretty sluggish. Gas mileage is not as good as the Jetta Sportswagen, but head height is much approved. We can get away with the lack of rear storage through use of a cargo box mounted to the factory rail system. Unfortunately it takes the view of our panorama roof away, and it quite noisy at highway speeds."