• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

By on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

Great SUV

By on Monday, January 03, 2011

"My 5th VW and my second favorite. Nothing comes near the Fall of 2003 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T Edition handling, performance and gas milage 30 to 40 miles per gallon. The Tiguan has a nice smooth powerful ride. There is something I don't like: weird noise in the rear bushing when driving on a bumping road. It would be better in gas if there was no ethanol in our gas now."

Fantastic

By on Monday, October 11, 2010

"Excellent! Just the right size, great pick up, very comfy, everthing is easy to get to. You must look at this. They are not that easy to find. But it is worth the wait!"

2010 Wolfsburg

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"This is my 6th VW and my first suv. I couldn't be happier with my choice to stay with VW even in my time of needing an suv. This crossover is absolutely perfect for me. I just can't wait for winter!"

Tiger or Iguana - Liek it either way

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"So far, so good - A really nice little Car/SUV (I bought AWD) for the money. Very tight handling, really notice the power assisted steering, 2.0 Turbo is a rocket, Tiptronic shifting makes it fun to drive. Nice sound system, navigation and awesome panoramic moon roof...A bit of road noise from cabin, but not offensive. Lots of storage...everywhere. If I had one criticism, it would be the sluggish feel off the line when in drive versis using Tiptronic shifting. Gas mileage in city is just under 19 (I have lead foot, so it's cool) and highway betwen 25-27. Also - I'm not wild about wiper controls for front or real - Seems like the Germans tried to hide them, for whetever reason. Leatherette seating is awesome and better than leather from a cleaning perspective."

By on Saturday, September 25, 2010

2010 VW tiguan Wolfsburg 4 motion

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Excellent fit and finish. This small SUV has great power/acceleration. Handles super around corners. Few minor complaints would be to offer auto/on-off headlamps on all models not just SEL. Cargo space is tight but rear seats do move forward/aft 6 inches, which is needed. Do not overlook this SUV, give it a test drive. I have driven all SUV's in this segment and this is one of the best..."

Turbo is awesome!

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"Great SUV, good gas mileage, solid build with Turbo. Love it!! Seats are very comfortable like sofa :)"

german feel

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"A comfortable and tight ride. Very solid and safe feel. Hard on gas, (26 hwy with 4 wheel drive), yet easy on tires and plenty of power for getting around in traffic, unlike the doggy CRV. We have had her for 18 mos and my wife's comment is: "I love this car and will keep it for 10 years.""

fun to drive, not cofortable

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"This little car moves and is fun to drive, too bad the seat is the most uncomfortable thing ever! Maybe it's' because I'm 5'3", but the head rest pushes my chin to my neck and the seat is too deep and I hunch over. You also can't roll a window or two down without having so much pressure in the car you decide to roll them back up or roll them all down."

Best Drive I've Owned

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"Excellent 2.o Turbo engine and automatic transmission. Bought the basic 2.0 with auto and added leather seats. The basic S has all the standard features you would want other than cloth seats. The five star safety rating proved accurate as I had a driver T-bone me in the driver side going between 30-40 miles per hour after running a red light and came out of the accident with no injuries. MPG is the greatest but I don't mind losing 1-2 mpg in the small SUV class in exchange for the power with the turbo - when you push on the gas pedal it goes unlike the others I tested."

Best Vehicle in last 15 years

By on Saturday, July 24, 2010

"The VW Tiguan is an awesome SUV: compact & manueravable."

"Free Maintenance"

By on Saturday, April 17, 2010

"We bought the Tiguan CPO in Houston. We got a steal on it. A few issues though: backup camera monitor goes blank and freezes randomly and bushings are bad. Also, the "Free Maintenance" is really just free oil changes. Wish I had asked about that before I signed the contract. The Panoramic Roof is the best part."

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

Best Crossover Available

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"It is "better" than Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and all the rest. Great engineering, design, features, ride, handling, performance, looks, and fun to drive. 13 months after my purchase, I am very satisfied that I made the right decision. VW makes great vehicles. Go see for yourself and you will be glad you did!!"

Love this car...

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I've had my Tiguan for almost a year & absolutely adore it. The handling is excellent & the nav system is both etremely helpful & user friendly. I'm a dub fan for life now."

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Great overall vehicle! Sporty, yet with room to spare!!"

By on Sunday, November 29, 2009

"I have had my Tiguan for a year now and I still love it!! I drive it in the Wyoming winter and it does great."

Luv my 1st VW

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I was growing ever so tired of calling on friends any time I wanted to buy something that wouldn't fit in my car. As a homeowner it got even worse as I couldn't even get an 8 foot piece of trim in my car. Not to mention the multiple problems my '03 Accord was beginning to develop like broken stability control sensors, broken automatic window motors and more. So I decided to go car shopping. I wanted a small SUV/Crossover. I started with Ford as I liked my friend's Escape when I drove it. However, I truly wanted to take the time and ensure I was getting the proper vehicle. Anyway, I was almost sold on the CR-V. This was mainly because my brother works for Honda (assembling the CR-V actually), but thankfully the dealer didn't have a color scheme I was willing to walk off the lot with. In talking to a friend he asked if I had test drove the Tiguan. I hadn't as I had never even heard of it. I liked the overall design. I didn't feel "girly" in it as I did the CR-V, and even before driving I was amazed at the overall feel of the car. It is solid! I mean it really made the CR-V feel cheap. I was sold with the drive. It was soooo smooth and quiet. Even before test driving the Tiguan, I was shocked at how noisy the CR-V was especially on the highway(sorry to compare this mostly to the CR-V, but it is the model I almost bought before visiting the VW dealer). No such noisy experience with the Tiguan that is for sure. Well long story short I left the dealers lot 11 months ago now with a Tiguan and I haven't had one regret yet. It is the first brand new car I've ever owned (I have had mostly Honda's and BMW's in the past) that hasn't had one single problem before reaching 5,000 miles. I am almost at 10,000 now and still runs perfect without one defective sensor, indicator or anything else ever. Granted at 10K miles it is still practically brand new, but I have grown to expect even a minor problem even with a brand new car. Overall this car is solid, quiet, confortable and an overall pleasure to drive. While not quite as stick the road sporty as my BMW 3 series I owned, the closest thing I can compare my 25K Tiguan to in driving experience would be my 36K 3-series. The ride and drive this car delivers TROUNCES anything its class an price range. I will gaurantee that. The one comment I also hear from friends who I let drive my Tiguan is "Wow, this car is so smooth". Compared to anything in its class and price range it definitely is. Do not buy a small SUV/Crossover without at least test driving this vehicle. You will not be sorry you did. I do have one complaint though. Gas mileage while fairly comparable isn't that great. Hello Volkswagen, I want a diesel engine! Quote from the VW dealer when I was shopping and I asked him if it came in a diesel..."If it came in a diesel, I wouldn't be able to keep them on my lot".....Uhm, isn't that what you want as car manufacturer? BIO-DIESEL engine getting 40 to 50 MPG, then I will be truly be a VW fanboy!"

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

quick and smooth

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"As a first time Volkswagen owner i must admit I did not choose this vehicle. My wife fell in love with the looks and small size while I was skeptical of the brand name compared to Honda. We now have 10,000 on this little machine and it has been a pleasure. Quick and sure footed, it drives out like a dream compared to the CRV. How will it do in the long-run? I don't know yet, but we have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle for now. It really is fun to drive. Ours is a 6speed auto 4-motion with panoramic sunroof and heated leather."

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"We have just purchased the Tiquan - a dealer demo for 5K under list with 11k. We traded in a Diesel truck, which did not qualify for the clunkers deal and what a difference, obviously - the power and ride are great - I like the ability to shift thru the gears when I want to be a little daring and use the drive mode when just out with the family - plenty of room for two adults in the rear. I am 6'1" and fit very comfortably in the drivers and passengers area. The only option I wish was available on the 'S' series was satellite radio and 17" tires"

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next