2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.4

Based on 130 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

One year old car won't stop squeaking

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "0% finance"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Bought this car a year ago as the reviews looked good. Three months later, the brakes started to squeak every time we backed up. We have had the car looked at by VW who told us this was "normal" and refuses to do anything about it. We talked to VW America and we were met with a bunch of paper pushers who did not even know what the car looked like. The car drives fairly well but the trunk is tiny (smaller than my sedan) so if you plan to carry anything or go on a trip, it will not work. I have had more than a dozen cars in my life but this one is the worst!"

First time VW buyer & last time VW buyer

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

Pros: "Nice exterior design, comfortable & spacious"

Cons: "Bad engine design & low gas mileage"

"Engine problems from the very beginning check engine light constantly on. Changed intake manifold twice once under warranty when technicians couldn't find out what was wrong they (on a hunch) determined it was the manifold. Second time recall of faulty intake manifold. Engine leaks, need to service intake camshaft at aprox. 60,000 even though it is not indicated on any of the regular service schedule for the vehicle. Very sadden and disappointed of the whole experience, this was my very first big purchase brand new car and it was a major fail."

Very nice Small SUV

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, awd, nice interior,perfect size!"

Cons: "pricey, would be really nice in a clean diesel !"

"We needed 4wd for winter driving during snowstorms in VT. Past cars we had - Subaru Outback, Jeep Cherokee, VW Passat, VW Eurovan, Mini Cooper S. This Car has never let us down, great driving feel on HWY and Off. Not to big but plenty of room for 4. Panoramic sunroof is huge, finish is clean and not to plastic. Engine is plenty of get up and go w turbo yet we can get 29 mpg on the hwy if we keep from going 75mph. As with any winter car get a set of snow tires - it goes anywhere with just the right amount of clearance. Nicer car than all our previous vehicles."

Compact and very comfortable

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and drive feel are superb"

Cons: "Small cargo space, gas mileage just OK"

"I was looking for compact SUV that did not feel bulky and would be comfortable on long trips. This is the most comfortable car I have owned (previously had Subarus) and it drives so smoothly one feels like its gliding on the road. Seats are incredibly comfortable for all five passengers. Small minuses: Cargo space is limited if there are four or five passengers. has a substantial blind spot. Otherwise, a great car."

efficient power house

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Very fun drive"

"This Cross Over looks small and sleek on the outside. I am always amazed when I get inside at how much room there is. Plenty of room to take home the big box store items in one trip not to mention a trip to the hardware store for home improvement projects! I took a quick trip up to San Francisco and back in 24 hours. The ride was comfortable with lots of room to stretch out and maintain my own space!"