2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.4

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Fun drive. Spacious CUV. Average mileage.

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

"I bought this car at 5200 miles and have driven it another 3000. It is a very smooth ride and comfortable to drive. The seat warmers on the SE are quite nice in the winter. The gas mileage is pretty comparable to the listed averages, perhaps a little low. Highway driving is more like 23-24 mpg. This vehicle feels more solid than the RAV4 and the excellent safety ratings make the insurance very affordable."

I love the experience of owning this car!

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "handling and acceleration"

Cons: "maintenance cost"

"excellent handling and pick up. good gas mileage for the acceleration provided. great for cruising the beach or driving in traffic. excellent on the highway. steering like nothing I have experienced. only con is that repairs and maintenance are more expensive."

Responsive

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "details are well done"

Cons: "a bit pricey"

"Had the car a couple years, great for touring and quite nimble. Snow is no problem and the size is good for two or four. Handy to carry the kayak or bikes."

Fun, Sporty, Practical, Small Family Car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Quick, Versatile, Practical,"

Cons: "Wish there was a little more cargo space."

"We love our Tiguan. It is a great vehicle that was reasonably priced with a little luxury to it and of course it is also sporty. It is just me and my wife; we use it to travel a good bit and it is great. We bought it with expectations of beginning a family. It is a very safe car ratings wise but it also provides a feeling of confidence. It is stable and feels planted to the gorund at all times. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable. We fell in love with the heated seats; being in the south we didnt think they were necessary but man have we changed our minds. The only complaint we have is that occasionally we will bring friends along on a trip. If you have four adults and any substantial amount of cargo or luggage it starts to get a little cramped. Oh, one last thing. This thing drives great in low traction situations. Ours is Front Wheel Drive but I have driven it confidentally during ice storms and wintery conditions. It even went up a steep hill where several cars were stranded trying to go up. We even used it to drive down a muddy Georgia red clay road which if you have had experience with can be as bad or worse than ice."

Amazing SUV

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, small enough to fit everywhere"

Cons: "Bumpy ride"

"Extremely fun to drive. Love the interior, it's very comfortable in both passenger seat and driver seat. Only complaint is that the Tigaun SEL is not as smooth riding as I would have hoped. If you want a smoother ride chose a S or SE."

Refinement at a great price

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Driving experience, quality of materials"

Cons: "None to date"

"I've had my 2013 Tiguan S for a little over a month and am very pleased so far. I gave the Tiguan a "9" rating on the scale simply because no car (or anything for that matter is perfect) but it comes close in the automotive world. In sum, great driving dynamics, handling and interior fit, finish and quality are flawless and on par with Audi as has been noted in many reviews. One thing I particularly like about the Tiguan is the simplicity, logic and clarity of the interior layout and functions. While the Tiguan is pricier than similar competitors, it lives up to the adage that "you get what you pay for" and, in this case, it's a quality build and materials."

2012 TIGUAN SE 4motion

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Quality of Materials, Fit n Finish..."

Cons: "Premium fuel, AC vent angles, 34k without pwr seat"

"This vehicle is absolutely awesome! Fell in love at first sight and drive! There isn't much I'd change, but maybe the vent angles...they don't position down very far. Other than that, great little suv with more than expected room inside."

Turbo is awesome!

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"Great SUV, good gas mileage, solid build with Turbo. Love it!! Seats are very comfortable like sofa :)"

Sport Car with leg room. LOVE IT.

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "Size, Interior Space, Handling, MPG, Sunroof"

Cons: "No TDI version in the states."

"Switching over from an Audi A4, I am absolutely in love with this little SUV. The 4 cylinder sips gas and has plenty of power and drive. The interior is SO great and its a great looking SUV. I have no complaints! Can't wait to drive it in the snow and compare the 4-motion to the Quattro. I have very high expectations! :) BUY THIS SUV. **THE SUNROOF IS SO FANTASTIC**"

Best SUV ever !!! Drives like a sports car !!!

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun Quality.... Comfort...Quality interior"

"This granny is absolutely thrilled with her tiguan. I feel like I am driving a sports car, but still have room for all I need, and get great visibility. Comfortable and sassy !!! Great engineering ...wonderful vehicle!!! Love love to pass those slow folks....and the fantastic nav system gets me wherever I need to be. Back-up camera is the best ever."