2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pros: "Looks and drives great!"

Cons: "Wish they made a TDI version. (Premium gas only)"

"Bought a used 2013 Tiguan with 19000 miles on it. I LOVE IT so far!(I've had it 3 months) I test drove several others such as the Toy-RAV-4 and they had NO power compared to the Tiguan. The 2.0 liter Turbo will flat out get up and go. I even worry I may get a speeding ticket because you can't tell your going so fast so quick, the ride is so smooth. The sun roof is large and very nice, the Interior looks very high-end and seems well made. I do wish it was made as a TDI. but I have been averaging 26-28 mpg.(Down fall Premium gas) Go test drive one, bet you'll love it."

"Free Maintenance"

By on Saturday, April 17, 2010

"We bought the Tiguan CPO in Houston. We got a steal on it. A few issues though: backup camera monitor goes blank and freezes randomly and bushings are bad. Also, the "Free Maintenance" is really just free oil changes. Wish I had asked about that before I signed the contract. The Panoramic Roof is the best part."

efficient power house

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Very fun drive"

"This Cross Over looks small and sleek on the outside. I am always amazed when I get inside at how much room there is. Plenty of room to take home the big box store items in one trip not to mention a trip to the hardware store for home improvement projects! I took a quick trip up to San Francisco and back in 24 hours. The ride was comfortable with lots of room to stretch out and maintain my own space!"

Surprisingly Disatisfied...

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and smooth, options good."

Cons: "Gas pedal very sensitive"

"I downgraded from a Honda Ridgeline to the VW Tiguan. I was looking for gas savings as well as performance. While this is a nice looking car, the gas mileage is subpar...the Honda was better, and it was a truck. The VW is very, very noisy when idleing, so loud you need to turn up the volume on the radio to drown it out. I have had the vehicle checked by the dealer and they assure me it's normal. Tire pressure problem from day one as well as electrical problems. Vehicle is small on the inside, but options are nice. Handles OK...have not driven in the snow yet. I am very disapointed with this vehicle."

One year old car won't stop squeaking

By on Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pros: "0% finance"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Bought this car a year ago as the reviews looked good. Three months later, the brakes started to squeak every time we backed up. We have had the car looked at by VW who told us this was "normal" and refuses to do anything about it. We talked to VW America and we were met with a bunch of paper pushers who did not even know what the car looked like. The car drives fairly well but the trunk is tiny (smaller than my sedan) so if you plan to carry anything or go on a trip, it will not work. I have had more than a dozen cars in my life but this one is the worst!"