2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.4

Based on 130 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Fun, Sporty, Practical, Small Family Car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Quick, Versatile, Practical,"

Cons: "Wish there was a little more cargo space."

"We love our Tiguan. It is a great vehicle that was reasonably priced with a little luxury to it and of course it is also sporty. It is just me and my wife; we use it to travel a good bit and it is great. We bought it with expectations of beginning a family. It is a very safe car ratings wise but it also provides a feeling of confidence. It is stable and feels planted to the gorund at all times. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable. We fell in love with the heated seats; being in the south we didnt think they were necessary but man have we changed our minds. The only complaint we have is that occasionally we will bring friends along on a trip. If you have four adults and any substantial amount of cargo or luggage it starts to get a little cramped. Oh, one last thing. This thing drives great in low traction situations. Ours is Front Wheel Drive but I have driven it confidentally during ice storms and wintery conditions. It even went up a steep hill where several cars were stranded trying to go up. We even used it to drive down a muddy Georgia red clay road which if you have had experience with can be as bad or worse than ice."

Sport Car with leg room. LOVE IT.

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "Size, Interior Space, Handling, MPG, Sunroof"

Cons: "No TDI version in the states."

"Switching over from an Audi A4, I am absolutely in love with this little SUV. The 4 cylinder sips gas and has plenty of power and drive. The interior is SO great and its a great looking SUV. I have no complaints! Can't wait to drive it in the snow and compare the 4-motion to the Quattro. I have very high expectations! :) BUY THIS SUV. **THE SUNROOF IS SO FANTASTIC**"

Best SUV ever !!! Drives like a sports car !!!

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun Quality.... Comfort...Quality interior"

"This granny is absolutely thrilled with her tiguan. I feel like I am driving a sports car, but still have room for all I need, and get great visibility. Comfortable and sassy !!! Great engineering ...wonderful vehicle!!! Love love to pass those slow folks....and the fantastic nav system gets me wherever I need to be. Back-up camera is the best ever."

Amazing SUV

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, small enough to fit everywhere"

Cons: "Bumpy ride"

"Extremely fun to drive. Love the interior, it's very comfortable in both passenger seat and driver seat. Only complaint is that the Tigaun SEL is not as smooth riding as I would have hoped. If you want a smoother ride chose a S or SE."

Turbo is awesome!

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"Great SUV, good gas mileage, solid build with Turbo. Love it!! Seats are very comfortable like sofa :)"

Great handling

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "?"

"Great handling, torque. Good in snow. Great reliability!"

great car... great price.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

"I got this car almost new with 100,000 mile warranty for 2,000 less than a used, junky Honda CRV. The two vehicles don't even compare. VW has excellent engineering, and is well designed. I love it."

Should have an Audi attached to this auto

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "Great ride and comfort, this is not a Ford ride"

Cons: "Nothing noted I know what I purchased"

"I have had 4 VW's and I just traded in my wife 2010 Tiguan for a 2015 SE Tiguan, and decided on a lease, as I found out the lease for VW is not the same you get with the rest. I was impressed needless to say. VW quality is so good now a days, and this small AWD kicks that I would never go to Toyota, and I have, but walked away. I am looking at what will come in 2016 as I might just lease a vehicle myself and trade in my Nissan."

Love it!

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

"I love my car - and so does everyone who rides in it! It's compact yet roomy on the inside with the benefits of a small SUV. It's very fun to drive. If I won the lottery I would still keep my car."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Comes standard with bluetooth!"

Cons: "small trunk space..."

"I never considered a Volkswagen before and after weeks of research (thank you KBB), I was down to the CRV and Tiguan. I test drove both and I LOVED the Tiguan. I have only had the car for a month, but I am so happy with the choice I made. This car is SUPER FUN to drive and I only got the base model. Plus, I love that it comes with Bluetooth standard (the Honda doesn't) and I can play my iPhone with Blutooth audio!"

I love it!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, looks, quality"

Cons: "Price...but hey, you get what you pay for!"

"I owned a 2009 prior to this one and it saved my life. Very comfortable and reliable. Sleek and stylish. I absolutely adore it. I think I treat it better than my family sometimes ;-)"

Fun and good design!

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value."

Cons: "premium gas."

"Fun to drive. Smart and cute. Stylish exterior and premium interior. I love my car!"

Fantastic car, a little pricy but it's worth it.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"Havent had any issues with the car other than a leak in the moon roof that vw took care of right away."

We love this truck!!!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"We traded in our X-terra for this truck, and we made a great decision. Gas Mileage is 25mpg combined. Great power, plenty of room...and the large sunroof is amazing. Car is loaded with Technology."

The more I drive it the more I love it

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "German engineering a reality in all areas. Solid"

Cons: "Pricey, but definitely get what you pay for"

"Just what my wife and I needed in a small SUV. Reasonable fuel milage,great performance with turbo, stylish,comfortable, easy to scoot around in,with many options!"

best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Cons: "the passanger seat does not lean back far enough"

"Love love love this car will never own another car except a VOLKSWAGEN"

2010 Wolfsburg

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"This is my 6th VW and my first suv. I couldn't be happier with my choice to stay with VW even in my time of needing an suv. This crossover is absolutely perfect for me. I just can't wait for winter!"

german feel

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"A comfortable and tight ride. Very solid and safe feel. Hard on gas, (26 hwy with 4 wheel drive), yet easy on tires and plenty of power for getting around in traffic, unlike the doggy CRV. We have had her for 18 mos and my wife's comment is: "I love this car and will keep it for 10 years.""

By on Sunday, November 29, 2009

"I have had my Tiguan for a year now and I still love it!! I drive it in the Wyoming winter and it does great."

solid suv

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

"had this car about 5 months. no complaints. good ride, quiet, peppy, good looks in and out. smallish cargo size. near luxury without the price."

Best Drive I've Owned

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"Excellent 2.o Turbo engine and automatic transmission. Bought the basic 2.0 with auto and added leather seats. The basic S has all the standard features you would want other than cloth seats. The five star safety rating proved accurate as I had a driver T-bone me in the driver side going between 30-40 miles per hour after running a red light and came out of the accident with no injuries. MPG is the greatest but I don't mind losing 1-2 mpg in the small SUV class in exchange for the power with the turbo - when you push on the gas pedal it goes unlike the others I tested."

Best Crossover Available

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"It is "better" than Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and all the rest. Great engineering, design, features, ride, handling, performance, looks, and fun to drive. 13 months after my purchase, I am very satisfied that I made the right decision. VW makes great vehicles. Go see for yourself and you will be glad you did!!"

Luv my 1st VW

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I was growing ever so tired of calling on friends any time I wanted to buy something that wouldn't fit in my car. As a homeowner it got even worse as I couldn't even get an 8 foot piece of trim in my car. Not to mention the multiple problems my '03 Accord was beginning to develop like broken stability control sensors, broken automatic window motors and more. So I decided to go car shopping. I wanted a small SUV/Crossover. I started with Ford as I liked my friend's Escape when I drove it. However, I truly wanted to take the time and ensure I was getting the proper vehicle. Anyway, I was almost sold on the CR-V. This was mainly because my brother works for Honda (assembling the CR-V actually), but thankfully the dealer didn't have a color scheme I was willing to walk off the lot with. In talking to a friend he asked if I had test drove the Tiguan. I hadn't as I had never even heard of it. I liked the overall design. I didn't feel "girly" in it as I did the CR-V, and even before driving I was amazed at the overall feel of the car. It is solid! I mean it really made the CR-V feel cheap. I was sold with the drive. It was soooo smooth and quiet. Even before test driving the Tiguan, I was shocked at how noisy the CR-V was especially on the highway(sorry to compare this mostly to the CR-V, but it is the model I almost bought before visiting the VW dealer). No such noisy experience with the Tiguan that is for sure. Well long story short I left the dealers lot 11 months ago now with a Tiguan and I haven't had one regret yet. It is the first brand new car I've ever owned (I have had mostly Honda's and BMW's in the past) that hasn't had one single problem before reaching 5,000 miles. I am almost at 10,000 now and still runs perfect without one defective sensor, indicator or anything else ever. Granted at 10K miles it is still practically brand new, but I have grown to expect even a minor problem even with a brand new car. Overall this car is solid, quiet, confortable and an overall pleasure to drive. While not quite as stick the road sporty as my BMW 3 series I owned, the closest thing I can compare my 25K Tiguan to in driving experience would be my 36K 3-series. The ride and drive this car delivers TROUNCES anything its class an price range. I will gaurantee that. The one comment I also hear from friends who I let drive my Tiguan is "Wow, this car is so smooth". Compared to anything in its class and price range it definitely is. Do not buy a small SUV/Crossover without at least test driving this vehicle. You will not be sorry you did. I do have one complaint though. Gas mileage while fairly comparable isn't that great. Hello Volkswagen, I want a diesel engine! Quote from the VW dealer when I was shopping and I asked him if it came in a diesel..."If it came in a diesel, I wouldn't be able to keep them on my lot".....Uhm, isn't that what you want as car manufacturer? BIO-DIESEL engine getting 40 to 50 MPG, then I will be truly be a VW fanboy!"

Great little SUV

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Zippy motor, solid build quality, VW quirkiness"

Cons: "Premium Gas, no automatic lights, no dual climate"

"I traded "down" from an 08 Acura MDX. I lost a few creature features by getting the Tiguan SE. (Power seats, mirrors that tilt down in reverse, automatic lights) I gained a fun driving little car. It handles incredibly well and puts a smile on your face around town or on the highway. Features: The controls are a touch on the complicated (AkA German) side but once you are used to them you find an oddly logical layout. The Navigation screen is tiny but serviceable and the stereo controls not intuitive. AMAZING Panoramic Roof! On the other hand the stereo sounds great and is full of great features, steaming blue tooth, MDI connection, Sirius/XM. The seats are very comfortable and supportive and over all love driving it. Function: Space is limited but functional. It is far smaller than my MDX but it is all I need. Rear seats are easy to fold down and the backseat legroom is surprisingly good. So far mileage has been higher than rated. I am averaging 27 in a blend of city and highway over the week I have owned the car. Fun to drive and a bit of a rare car on the road so you don't see one every 10 feet (like my MDX) Summary: You get back more than you give up by downsizing. Enough features, enough room and more than enough power in a small package."

Solid Crossover

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"An excellent VW product. With smart driving and mid grade gas I'm able to average 25 MPG in the city. The turbo can really get this baby moving and it sticks to the road. In fact to me it feels less like an SUV and more like my old VW Rabbit, but with mor pickup! I've taken it on a long trip, 1800 miles round trip with 2 other adults plus an infant. It carried us and all our gear in comfort. The base model has more than enough features and I'd recommend this to anyone looking at a crossover."