2009 Volkswagen Tiguan

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

german feel

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"A comfortable and tight ride. Very solid and safe feel. Hard on gas, (26 hwy with 4 wheel drive), yet easy on tires and plenty of power for getting around in traffic, unlike the doggy CRV. We have had her for 18 mos and my wife's comment is: "I love this car and will keep it for 10 years.""

fun to drive, not cofortable

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"This little car moves and is fun to drive, too bad the seat is the most uncomfortable thing ever! Maybe it's' because I'm 5'3", but the head rest pushes my chin to my neck and the seat is too deep and I hunch over. You also can't roll a window or two down without having so much pressure in the car you decide to roll them back up or roll them all down."

Best Drive I've Owned

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"Excellent 2.o Turbo engine and automatic transmission. Bought the basic 2.0 with auto and added leather seats. The basic S has all the standard features you would want other than cloth seats. The five star safety rating proved accurate as I had a driver T-bone me in the driver side going between 30-40 miles per hour after running a red light and came out of the accident with no injuries. MPG is the greatest but I don't mind losing 1-2 mpg in the small SUV class in exchange for the power with the turbo - when you push on the gas pedal it goes unlike the others I tested."

Best Vehicle in last 15 years

By on Saturday, July 24, 2010

"The VW Tiguan is an awesome SUV: compact & manueravable."

"Free Maintenance"

By on Saturday, April 17, 2010

"We bought the Tiguan CPO in Houston. We got a steal on it. A few issues though: backup camera monitor goes blank and freezes randomly and bushings are bad. Also, the "Free Maintenance" is really just free oil changes. Wish I had asked about that before I signed the contract. The Panoramic Roof is the best part."

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

Best Crossover Available

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"It is "better" than Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and all the rest. Great engineering, design, features, ride, handling, performance, looks, and fun to drive. 13 months after my purchase, I am very satisfied that I made the right decision. VW makes great vehicles. Go see for yourself and you will be glad you did!!"

Love this car...

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I've had my Tiguan for almost a year & absolutely adore it. The handling is excellent & the nav system is both etremely helpful & user friendly. I'm a dub fan for life now."

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Great overall vehicle! Sporty, yet with room to spare!!"

By on Sunday, November 29, 2009

"I have had my Tiguan for a year now and I still love it!! I drive it in the Wyoming winter and it does great."

Luv my 1st VW

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I was growing ever so tired of calling on friends any time I wanted to buy something that wouldn't fit in my car. As a homeowner it got even worse as I couldn't even get an 8 foot piece of trim in my car. Not to mention the multiple problems my '03 Accord was beginning to develop like broken stability control sensors, broken automatic window motors and more. So I decided to go car shopping. I wanted a small SUV/Crossover. I started with Ford as I liked my friend's Escape when I drove it. However, I truly wanted to take the time and ensure I was getting the proper vehicle. Anyway, I was almost sold on the CR-V. This was mainly because my brother works for Honda (assembling the CR-V actually), but thankfully the dealer didn't have a color scheme I was willing to walk off the lot with. In talking to a friend he asked if I had test drove the Tiguan. I hadn't as I had never even heard of it. I liked the overall design. I didn't feel "girly" in it as I did the CR-V, and even before driving I was amazed at the overall feel of the car. It is solid! I mean it really made the CR-V feel cheap. I was sold with the drive. It was soooo smooth and quiet. Even before test driving the Tiguan, I was shocked at how noisy the CR-V was especially on the highway(sorry to compare this mostly to the CR-V, but it is the model I almost bought before visiting the VW dealer). No such noisy experience with the Tiguan that is for sure. Well long story short I left the dealers lot 11 months ago now with a Tiguan and I haven't had one regret yet. It is the first brand new car I've ever owned (I have had mostly Honda's and BMW's in the past) that hasn't had one single problem before reaching 5,000 miles. I am almost at 10,000 now and still runs perfect without one defective sensor, indicator or anything else ever. Granted at 10K miles it is still practically brand new, but I have grown to expect even a minor problem even with a brand new car. Overall this car is solid, quiet, confortable and an overall pleasure to drive. While not quite as stick the road sporty as my BMW 3 series I owned, the closest thing I can compare my 25K Tiguan to in driving experience would be my 36K 3-series. The ride and drive this car delivers TROUNCES anything its class an price range. I will gaurantee that. The one comment I also hear from friends who I let drive my Tiguan is "Wow, this car is so smooth". Compared to anything in its class and price range it definitely is. Do not buy a small SUV/Crossover without at least test driving this vehicle. You will not be sorry you did. I do have one complaint though. Gas mileage while fairly comparable isn't that great. Hello Volkswagen, I want a diesel engine! Quote from the VW dealer when I was shopping and I asked him if it came in a diesel..."If it came in a diesel, I wouldn't be able to keep them on my lot".....Uhm, isn't that what you want as car manufacturer? BIO-DIESEL engine getting 40 to 50 MPG, then I will be truly be a VW fanboy!"

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

quick and smooth

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"As a first time Volkswagen owner i must admit I did not choose this vehicle. My wife fell in love with the looks and small size while I was skeptical of the brand name compared to Honda. We now have 10,000 on this little machine and it has been a pleasure. Quick and sure footed, it drives out like a dream compared to the CRV. How will it do in the long-run? I don't know yet, but we have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle for now. It really is fun to drive. Ours is a 6speed auto 4-motion with panoramic sunroof and heated leather."

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"We have just purchased the Tiquan - a dealer demo for 5K under list with 11k. We traded in a Diesel truck, which did not qualify for the clunkers deal and what a difference, obviously - the power and ride are great - I like the ability to shift thru the gears when I want to be a little daring and use the drive mode when just out with the family - plenty of room for two adults in the rear. I am 6'1" and fit very comfortably in the drivers and passengers area. The only option I wish was available on the 'S' series was satellite radio and 17" tires"

Solid Crossover

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"An excellent VW product. With smart driving and mid grade gas I'm able to average 25 MPG in the city. The turbo can really get this baby moving and it sticks to the road. In fact to me it feels less like an SUV and more like my old VW Rabbit, but with mor pickup! I've taken it on a long trip, 1800 miles round trip with 2 other adults plus an infant. It carried us and all our gear in comfort. The base model has more than enough features and I'd recommend this to anyone looking at a crossover."

Great car

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"power, performance and technology - far surpasses competition in all areas. Incredible build quality and refinement."

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fun Efficient Car

By on Friday, March 13, 2009

"Fun to drive, great gas mileage. Feels fast with the turbo, responds well."

Great small suv

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"This is our 4th vw and i must say 2.0 Turbo is great for this car. Its a fun car to drive .... a lot of get up and go .. great gas mileage we are getting 23 mpg mixed driving."

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

Great SUV

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"Small but great SUV, we purchased a SEL model. Price is a little high for a small SUV but over all we love it."

Tiguan

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"I traded in a VW Beetle Convertible for the 2009 Tiguan. I loved my Beetle, but felt it was just too small for me and I wanted something a little more rugged. Amazingly, my MPG didn't go down as much as I had anticipated, and the little Tiguan handles much better. There was a problem with the gas gauge, but it was fixed and VW gave me a free full tank of gas!!!! I have been a loyal VW consumer for many years, and although there have been times when engineering didn't really hold up against some of the other cars on the market. This time, however, I think that the Tiguan is a much better car than its Toyota counterpart (RAV-4) and Honda counterpart (CRV). With a turbo-engine, tiptronic, and overall great comfort and look, I LOVE my new Tiguan. Just wish that I would have held out for leather interior!"

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next