2012 Volkswagen Routan

6.3

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.5/10
    6.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

this is in my top 3.

By on Saturday, April 23, 2016

"I have owned 15 new vehicles in my lifetime. My 2011 VW Routan SE is the second best car I have owned. I have had this vehicle for 4 years and 8 months and it has just over 60k on the odometer. I have had it in the shop for premature brake problems (they seem to have a reputation for this) and the dealership did the repairs for free. I just recently had the rear discs and rotors replaced at an independent shop but was told the fronts were still good. I also experienced a hard transmission shift early in my ownership but it seems to have become less of an issue. I had a issue of my cruise control not staying engaged and shopped it four times before they found a pinched cable. Has not been a problem since. I just last December put a new set of michilin tires on the car. Those are the extent of the bad, now for the positive. I paid just over $25k for this SE model with the entertainment package and the VE covered seats, in August of 2011. My wife and I are above average in height and this vehicle is perfect for our height when entering and exiting. The heated seats work great and they are extremely comfortable on trips. My gas mileage when traveling at 70 miles per hour exceeds 30 MPG. It does suffer when going faster than 70 and of course when driving in the city. However we still get over 20 in city driving. The room inside the vehicle is spacious. Everyone is comfortable, but don't try to squeeze that third person in the third row, it just won't work. Even 3 small children can't get along in that seat, it just isn't comfortable. The dvd system works beautifully. The power doors, especially the tailgate, is a big plus. I will admit those side doors have hung up on me at times, but you can manually move them and the problem is not constant. There are many small places to store items and if you remove the middle seats (takes 2 minutes) you have all kinds of room to go shopping. My wife and I are in our retirement years and we will go on trips looking for gems to bring home. We throw a cooler full of drinks and snacks in the cargo area and come home with all kinds of items in that storage space. The vehicle is very versatile and dependable. It is relatively quiet on the road, the air conditioner works fine, it has a smooth ride, and with over 60k this vehicle still has plenty of life. Yes, I know I could have a major problem tomarrow, but I don't feel that is going to happen. I feel safe and secure in this VW and that is one of the reasons this is the second best car I ever owned."

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Routan

By on Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Volkswagon has always made good vehicles. I have to say the new Routan is excellent!!! I absolutely love it!! Never have any problems with it, smooth ride, very comfortable. This van will be with us for many years to come. Way to go VW!"

best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive luxurious"

Cons: "NOTHING!!!!!!"

"love it stylish and all awsome car"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals