2012 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.4/10
    6.4/10
    6.8/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

not a good van

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "the body styling, entertainment system"

Cons: "mechanical (see above), bad in the snow"

"it was the first year so there were some kinks to work out. I expected VW to stand by their product and do the right thing when issues in the first year design came up. we had/have issues with one of the running lamps always being out, the brakes were too small for the weight of the van (went through 3 sets of brakes and only got the last ones for free after loud complaining I would have expected that since it was a known issue they would have realized and not make me buy brakes every couple of miles), tire pressure sensors rusted out and needed to be replace. for the tire pressure sensors the dealer was looking for $90 per wheel and then $180 to put them in...over $400! bought them on amazon and had the local tire guy install them without issue."

Chrysler Remake without the benefits

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No Stow"

"Approximately 1 month after buying, had to have the brake rotors turned to prevent vibration when braking. Had difficulty with sliding doors not closing until I got the factory rep involved. At 36,900 miles took it in for repair to right front strut. Out of warranty, so I took it to a garage that charges $30 less per hour. The vehicle rides great with lots of pep from the 4 liter engine. Missing the stow"

Minivan for wife who refused to drive a minivan

By on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pros: "Styling, fun to drive, rear-seat entertainment system"

Cons: "Last row great for kids, not so great for six-footers"

"Bought Routan after spotting one in a showroom and realizing it was essentially a restyled Chrysler Town and Country. My wife liked the latter, but she didn't want to be a minivan driver; convinced her to take a test ride and she was hooked by the more VW-esque styling and handling. Vehicle has had some recalls, but given the free service the first few years, not an issue, and not any more than a Chrysler from what others tell me. Also got a great price given VW hasn't moved as many of these as they had planned. All and all, we've been very satisfied with this vehicle and have recommended to others."

Very happy with my Routan

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Great value, great driving experience, excellent handling and performance"

2009 SE 29k miles

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I would have to say that the only complaint I have for this vehicle is that the MPG sucks for the 3.8L version. Expect about 13 MPG around town. Other than that I am pleased with the VW purchase. Awesome deals on these out there is what made me choose VW. I hope I do not have a lemon because I really do like the van."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals