2012 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.6/10
    6.4/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
    7.3/10

Dressing up a Chrysler (badly)

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"My wife and I bought a Routan six months ago and absolutely hate the car. The second we drove it off the lot it began rattling and breaking (interior and exterior plastic pieces popping off). The car is literally the worst car that I have ever owned. It is a bad job at dressing up a chrysler town and country. The hoods on all Routans are not aligned right and if you take a look at any one, one side rests higher than the other at the hinges....Volkswagen admits the flaw, but has no fix. I have put my knee through the back of the rear folding seat while it is down and I lean in to buckle my son in his carseat 3 separate times. Volkswagen admits the construction is weak, but refuses to fix the seat any more if it occurs. I am unable to put my children in the car now...for fear of breaking the car. It is a weak piece of junk that I wouldn't recommend to anybody for any reason. If you own one, I feel for you."

My Routan

By on Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Volkswagon has always made good vehicles. I have to say the new Routan is excellent!!! I absolutely love it!! Never have any problems with it, smooth ride, very comfortable. This van will be with us for many years to come. Way to go VW!"

No way man

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle last week and the engine completly fell out of the vehicle. the 2 bolts that secures the engine popped out."

I wish I never got this car!!

By on Thursday, September 10, 2009

"We bought our Routan SEL in January of 2009 and were very excited to get our first minivan and our first VW. Since then, here is the list of problems I have had: third-row seat completely broke and would not fold down (we got that replaced with a new one), our right side power door has broken and the door could not be used...twice (both time the mechanism had to be replaced), the power steering has been messed up since we got it (it is in the shop now) and the rear tail light went out (I know this is trivial, but it should not be going out in a brand new car..we replaced this ourselves). I have to say, this car has been a pain in the butt to own. I will never purchase a VW again. :("

Not what I expected

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Purchased this vehicle over the Toyota Sienna for better gas mileage and was told it had a regular size spare. Gas mileage is poor, less than sticker says and had a flat on a trip and it took 5 hours to find a tire after finding out the spare was an emergency spare. The engine is noisy and the seats are not comfortable on a long trip. The shocks are terrible. On a bad hole, it is like metal to metal. Dealer says they are fine and car is not broken in after 11000 miles. Would not buy another VW."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals