2012 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.5/10
    6.3/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

i'm a convert

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

"We have had this minivan for nearly a year and i am a convert. I swore I'd never own a minivan because I love sporty cars. After baby #3, I didn't have many options. So I grudgingly decided to look at the Routan. Absolutely love it!!! We are a big road trip family and the Routan has been great to drive and makes those long rides even better for all of us. The kids love the DVD system and all the cubbies for their stuff. Love, love, love my Routan."

The Volkswagen Routan is an excellent minivan

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"The Volkswagen Routan is our first minivan purchase and we are very happy with it so far. It drives nicely in town and on the highway. The cabin is quiet and roomy enough for 3 adults and 3 kids. All of the seats, including the third row are very comfortable. There is plenty of storage for luggage in the back and in the very roomy under the floor storage in the second row. Driver seat controls are well placed. The hard drive is great for copying songs, books on tape, etc and leaving all of the bulky cases at home. The entertainment system with two screens is great for allowing second and third row passengers to watch different movies at the same time. The driver can also listen to something different while the two movies are playing. I like the permanent middle console better than some of the folding kinds in the competitor minivans, as you can put things in them and not have to remove them each time you want to go to the back of the van. It is great for large families and a lot of fun to drive. I fell in love with it when I took it out for the test drive and have been very happy with it ever since I bought it. As far as I know, the Routan was designed and built with the help of Chrysler, so you will see a lot of similarities, which in my opinion is a good thing as the Town & Country is a well designed and popular minivan. I think the Routan feels like a better driving, more stylish Town & Country with unbelievable financing and warranty options from Volkswagen and the support of a very stable company."

We needed a van. VW had vans.

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Features, price, engine mileage"

Cons: "Tranny, tranny, tranny."

"With VW closing out the Routan in 2012 I had an opportunity for a very good deal. An SE with Nav and RSE and 3 year maint for $23k. I couldn't find a 2010 lower level Toyota Sienna with under 40k miles for that price. I didn't expect a Toyota. I had one on an extended rental and it was nice. But neither did I want to pay Toyota money. The engine in the VW is great. Very powerful and surprising mileage. On a trip from the Central coast to the LA area (5 hrs) the van got 27 MPG and that was average 75 mph +. The transmission on the other hand gets easily confused. On the highway it's fine. If you drive it like a grandma easing on the throttle trying to save gas it's pretty smooth. But try to pass or push the throttle a little to make it shift down good luck. It doesn't want to stay in the lower gear. It stutters on shift changes. It will shift up so that it's at 1200 RPM at 45 miles per hour going up hill. There should be a patch for this. Wife loves it. She drives like a grandma saving gas."

Best deal for the money for a mnivan

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage - space, comfort"

"Awesome van!!! Gas mileage is incredible - getting 21 city and up to 36 highway so far and its only a year old! Love live love it!!!!"

Owned for 6mo

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "price, value, ride - overall good vehicle"

Cons: "Missing a few options"

"No issues from VW just from the dealer we bought it from. The van is a good buy. We have the SE w/Nav and dual dvd with pwr doors. Rides/drives very nice. Good in rain and snow. The nav and dvd are nice. The only complaints are minor. No auto lights or fog lights. you have to go to the SEL model to get fog lights. Kind of dumb. Also you can't view your tire pressure from the info center. It only tells you id a tire is low. We have the back up camera which is nice but it doesn't have back up sensors. Again, dumb. Those are the little things I wish it had, other than those things I am happy with it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals