2011 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.4/10
    6.4/10
    6.8/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

My New BCF (best car forever)

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "GREAT VALUE, stylish, storage, power sliding doors"

Cons: "gas, towing, dashboard, not making it anymore"

"After my husband found a new job in Chicago, my 2 kids and I had to move to Illinois. I had to say goodbye to my beloved 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring. I needed a new car that I could drive in feeling good and relax in. I love German cars so I decided to stop by the Volkswagen dealership after disappointment from BMW and Mercedes. The salesman asked me what I needed and I said that I wanted a big car for my family and I. After checking out the Touareg (a little too pricey) he showed me a 2012 Volkswagen Routan SE w/DVD and Nav. I was surprised because I did not know that VW had a minivan. I was also surprised because it was a 2012 model. After checking out the Tiguan (too small) I decided to go with the Routan. It has the most amazing value. This was only the 2nd trim and it had navigation, leather, power liftgate and doors, and a dual DVD entertainment system. The VW styling is very nice and cool for a soccer mom. I have only had it for 2 or 3 months now. I have had no problems and I will probably keep it until it dies. I am having another baby and know that there will be no problem putting a booster in the Routan's large bucket seats. I do wish it had more VW styling inside, but I have no idea why VW stopped production as it is a great car and I see a surprising amount of them on the streets and driveways. The car holds up like a champ during winter and when I leave it outside in the bad weather it does fine. It is perfect for me, my kids, my dog, my house, and my anti minivan husband. I know we will be safe in an accident. Now I am considering buying an Audi SUV because the VW's towing isn't that great."

worst vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Reason: too many problems!

Pros: "very nice looking..."

Cons: "not realiable car...."

"The car had too many electrical problems, it consumed too much gas, the interior was made with cheap plastic, the shift gear timing was off all the time. Bad choice - DO NOT BUY IT!"

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not Good.

By on Monday, October 18, 2010

"We bought this van a little over a year ago. At first, I was pretty happy. I really wanted a GM Traverse after having a Trailblazer, but we needed something with better gas mileage. I liked it a first, and was fairly happy, but now things are starting to fall apart. The transmission slams after turns, there have been SIX recalls or "Customer Satisfaction Campaigns". There is intermittent moisture in the right headlamp which the dealer says they don't have a fix for unless they actually see it. They even ran a garden hose over to see if it leaks!!! Very high tech. Now, I describe the car as "driving a tin can". It's not solid, the left sliding door rattles and the seat moves when you accelerate. I have about had it with this car, but it's not worth what we paid for it now so we are stuck. I will never buy another one again. Our next car, we are going back to GMC-never had a problem with the Trailblazer. Our Camry's engine exploded. Buy American!!!!"

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

this is in my top 3.

By on Saturday, April 23, 2016

"I have owned 15 new vehicles in my lifetime. My 2011 VW Routan SE is the second best car I have owned. I have had this vehicle for 4 years and 8 months and it has just over 60k on the odometer. I have had it in the shop for premature brake problems (they seem to have a reputation for this) and the dealership did the repairs for free. I just recently had the rear discs and rotors replaced at an independent shop but was told the fronts were still good. I also experienced a hard transmission shift early in my ownership but it seems to have become less of an issue. I had a issue of my cruise control not staying engaged and shopped it four times before they found a pinched cable. Has not been a problem since. I just last December put a new set of michilin tires on the car. Those are the extent of the bad, now for the positive. I paid just over $25k for this SE model with the entertainment package and the VE covered seats, in August of 2011. My wife and I are above average in height and this vehicle is perfect for our height when entering and exiting. The heated seats work great and they are extremely comfortable on trips. My gas mileage when traveling at 70 miles per hour exceeds 30 MPG. It does suffer when going faster than 70 and of course when driving in the city. However we still get over 20 in city driving. The room inside the vehicle is spacious. Everyone is comfortable, but don't try to squeeze that third person in the third row, it just won't work. Even 3 small children can't get along in that seat, it just isn't comfortable. The dvd system works beautifully. The power doors, especially the tailgate, is a big plus. I will admit those side doors have hung up on me at times, but you can manually move them and the problem is not constant. There are many small places to store items and if you remove the middle seats (takes 2 minutes) you have all kinds of room to go shopping. My wife and I are in our retirement years and we will go on trips looking for gems to bring home. We throw a cooler full of drinks and snacks in the cargo area and come home with all kinds of items in that storage space. The vehicle is very versatile and dependable. It is relatively quiet on the road, the air conditioner works fine, it has a smooth ride, and with over 60k this vehicle still has plenty of life. Yes, I know I could have a major problem tomarrow, but I don't feel that is going to happen. I feel safe and secure in this VW and that is one of the reasons this is the second best car I ever owned."

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Routan

By on Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Volkswagon has always made good vehicles. I have to say the new Routan is excellent!!! I absolutely love it!! Never have any problems with it, smooth ride, very comfortable. This van will be with us for many years to come. Way to go VW!"

Worst purchase ever

By on Friday, July 29, 2016

Reason: LEMON of a car

Cons: "constantly breaking"

"Nothing but headaches with this car, spent way too much money on repairs. tons of electrical issues. Recal took forever to be corrected. replaced Starter, ignition, transmission, plugs and coils. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYONE!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals