2011 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.5/10
    6.3/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

Owned for 6mo

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "price, value, ride - overall good vehicle"

Cons: "Missing a few options"

"No issues from VW just from the dealer we bought it from. The van is a good buy. We have the SE w/Nav and dual dvd with pwr doors. Rides/drives very nice. Good in rain and snow. The nav and dvd are nice. The only complaints are minor. No auto lights or fog lights. you have to go to the SEL model to get fog lights. Kind of dumb. Also you can't view your tire pressure from the info center. It only tells you id a tire is low. We have the back up camera which is nice but it doesn't have back up sensors. Again, dumb. Those are the little things I wish it had, other than those things I am happy with it."

Chrysler Remake without the benefits

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No Stow"

"Approximately 1 month after buying, had to have the brake rotors turned to prevent vibration when braking. Had difficulty with sliding doors not closing until I got the factory rep involved. At 36,900 miles took it in for repair to right front strut. Out of warranty, so I took it to a garage that charges $30 less per hour. The vehicle rides great with lots of pep from the 4 liter engine. Missing the stow"

love it

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Cons: "should have upped for leather"

"i love my van. its great with kids. in floor storage, heated seats, moon roof, good stero system, fold down back seats, drives well, remote start, good gas milage, roomy ,comfy!"

Bad Choice by VW

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "it is still under warranty"

Cons: "VW cant fix our problems, no pickup on the highway"

"We have had this vehicle for over 18 months and since we drove it off the lot we have had nothing but problems. Our transmission shifts very hard and VW has been unable to fix the problem but they admit there is a problem. We had bad door seals and they molded and needed to be replaced. There have been over 10 service recalls on this vehicle meaning we needed to take it in to have it serviced. It is supposed to get over 20 MPG on the high way, we average about 17 and that is with only two people in the van. We love the features it offers but that is the extent of our happiness."

Minivan for wife who refused to drive a minivan

By on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pros: "Styling, fun to drive, rear-seat entertainment system"

Cons: "Last row great for kids, not so great for six-footers"

"Bought Routan after spotting one in a showroom and realizing it was essentially a restyled Chrysler Town and Country. My wife liked the latter, but she didn't want to be a minivan driver; convinced her to take a test ride and she was hooked by the more VW-esque styling and handling. Vehicle has had some recalls, but given the free service the first few years, not an issue, and not any more than a Chrysler from what others tell me. Also got a great price given VW hasn't moved as many of these as they had planned. All and all, we've been very satisfied with this vehicle and have recommended to others."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals