2011 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.5/10
    7.3/10

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Never again

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"We bought our Routan two months ago and have had nothing but problems. Less than a week after we bought it the front turn signal assembly went out. The transmission shifts very hard and we are taking it back to the dealer again tomorrow for a district tech. to take a look at it per customer care. After sitting at the dealer for a week last time they admit the trans. isn't shifting properly but they don't know what to do to fix it. The gas mileage is horrible. Most of my commute is freeway driving yet I get 16 mpg at best. The "change oil" message popped up at 2,500 miles so that service already had to be done. The brakes squeak really bad and the dealer told me to drive it that way until 6,000 miles and then they will replace the pads. The dealer keeps telling us that the vehicle doesn't start to break in until 10,000 miles and then we will see it performing better. I don't know that my patience will let me keep this van until then because I have been to the service department so many times that they already know me by name. I really liked the look of this minivan and the features but I will definitely NEVER buy a Volkswagen again!"

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dressing up a Chrysler (badly)

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"My wife and I bought a Routan six months ago and absolutely hate the car. The second we drove it off the lot it began rattling and breaking (interior and exterior plastic pieces popping off). The car is literally the worst car that I have ever owned. It is a bad job at dressing up a chrysler town and country. The hoods on all Routans are not aligned right and if you take a look at any one, one side rests higher than the other at the hinges....Volkswagen admits the flaw, but has no fix. I have put my knee through the back of the rear folding seat while it is down and I lean in to buckle my son in his carseat 3 separate times. Volkswagen admits the construction is weak, but refuses to fix the seat any more if it occurs. I am unable to put my children in the car now...for fear of breaking the car. It is a weak piece of junk that I wouldn't recommend to anybody for any reason. If you own one, I feel for you."

My Routan

By on Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Volkswagon has always made good vehicles. I have to say the new Routan is excellent!!! I absolutely love it!! Never have any problems with it, smooth ride, very comfortable. This van will be with us for many years to come. Way to go VW!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals