2011 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.6/10
    6.4/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
    7.3/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next

Dressing up a Chrysler (badly)

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"My wife and I bought a Routan six months ago and absolutely hate the car. The second we drove it off the lot it began rattling and breaking (interior and exterior plastic pieces popping off). The car is literally the worst car that I have ever owned. It is a bad job at dressing up a chrysler town and country. The hoods on all Routans are not aligned right and if you take a look at any one, one side rests higher than the other at the hinges....Volkswagen admits the flaw, but has no fix. I have put my knee through the back of the rear folding seat while it is down and I lean in to buckle my son in his carseat 3 separate times. Volkswagen admits the construction is weak, but refuses to fix the seat any more if it occurs. I am unable to put my children in the car now...for fear of breaking the car. It is a weak piece of junk that I wouldn't recommend to anybody for any reason. If you own one, I feel for you."

My Routan

By on Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Volkswagon has always made good vehicles. I have to say the new Routan is excellent!!! I absolutely love it!! Never have any problems with it, smooth ride, very comfortable. This van will be with us for many years to come. Way to go VW!"

No way man

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle last week and the engine completly fell out of the vehicle. the 2 bolts that secures the engine popped out."

I wish I never got this car!!

By on Thursday, September 10, 2009

"We bought our Routan SEL in January of 2009 and were very excited to get our first minivan and our first VW. Since then, here is the list of problems I have had: third-row seat completely broke and would not fold down (we got that replaced with a new one), our right side power door has broken and the door could not be used...twice (both time the mechanism had to be replaced), the power steering has been messed up since we got it (it is in the shop now) and the rear tail light went out (I know this is trivial, but it should not be going out in a brand new car..we replaced this ourselves). I have to say, this car has been a pain in the butt to own. I will never purchase a VW again. :("

Not what I expected

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Purchased this vehicle over the Toyota Sienna for better gas mileage and was told it had a regular size spare. Gas mileage is poor, less than sticker says and had a flat on a trip and it took 5 hours to find a tire after finding out the spare was an emergency spare. The engine is noisy and the seats are not comfortable on a long trip. The shocks are terrible. On a bad hole, it is like metal to metal. Dealer says they are fine and car is not broken in after 11000 miles. Would not buy another VW."

needs some work on transmission

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

"i have had this van for about 6 weeks,and it is in the 11-12 mile range for gas mpg. the transmission on turns and stops slams in to gears. the seats has wings on the sides that feel hard on you bottom.if i had the choice i would get rid of this boat."

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"We bought our Routan in March 09 and now are sorry we did. First of all we got about 9 thousand off because the dealership were trying to move as many as they could before the end of the month. In that we can't complain. When we picked it up the thermostat on dash was not working properly so we had to come back. The interior is great all the perks are very nice, the leather seats are comfortable. Not much leg room in second seats unless you pull the front up more. Love the rear powerdoor. Very handy with groceries or when its raining and you want to get things in quickly. Our biggest complaint is the gas mileage. We had a Sienna before which got about 16 city. That was bad enough. When we considered another van we knew we wouldn't get great mileage but we thought maybe 16 or a little better. No we get anywhere from 12 to 15 shocking for a VW. Too bad. This our first experience with VW and were looking forward to it but now we wish we had kept our Sienna. The change oil message has already come on at 2500miles even though they told us to change the oil every 6,000. Good thing VW has included this with the car."

Better Tan a T&C

By on Friday, June 12, 2009

"I have had the Routan for a short while and from what I can tell people who own them (like me) really seem to like what the Routan has to offer. The price is right and I got mine about 3 grand less that the T&C with the same equipment. The Routan drives great and best of all looks good. I don't feel like I own a box or the same van everyone else has( H and T). As for quality -- who knows? It may last forever --- plus I have a 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty on it just in case. (cost me nearly nothing to add) I've known plenty of H or T owners who have had nothing but problems!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"The features available were a definite selling point and my children love the dual screens & dual CD capability. Storage is great with the in the floor storage and the rear area. What really sold us was the way the vehicle handled while driving. It didn't handle like a "truck" but took the corners more like a sedan...very nice. Definitely would recommend!"

It's a fad. This model has no originality.

By on Saturday, May 16, 2009

"So compact with a high price. Design is derived from the Chrysler Town and County Van. Wood Granite is an option compared to Town and County, Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. 4.0 Liter should be designed to have a bigger body. Routan has a big engine with a small compact body. Interior panels have corner edges. Upholstery is very plain and simple with no knitting or sewing design and perceived to be thin."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals