2011 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.5/10
    7.4/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next

worse vehicle/lemon ever

By on Friday, April 02, 2010

"Purchased a new 2009 Routon S, and it was the worse mistake of my life. Reached lemon status at less than 5,000 miles. Window motors, trans seal, headlamp held water, and bumper cover started to come off. The dealership (BKVW) could not seem to perform some standard maint correctly either (trans). Had to hire an attorney to resolve the issues because they refused to help me after the vehicle reached lemon status. Vehicle does have great headlamps, for seeing purposes, when they do not have water in them, and good brakes. The standard CD system is good also. However, overall, I would not buy another VW EVER. The worse overall vehicle experience, with the dealer and manufacturer, that I have ever had. Run away as fast as you can!"

Love it!

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"We have a 2009 Routan SE that currently has just shy of 18,000 miles on it. We also test drove an Odyseey, Sinnea, Quest, and T & C but felt we were getting the most for our money with the VW. We've not be disappointed! The interior is a little "plasticy." But all of the features are very simple to use--every thing from the DVD players to reconfiguring the seats is super easy! We have had none of the issues that others seem to complain about. The only problem we've had is a fuse, which controls the front power outles, blew. The dealer replaced it, at no charge of course, and we only spent about 20 minutes at the service department waiting; it was a minor thing and an easy fix. We've been very happy with the look and the handling of this van. Gas mileage is not great but is comparable to other mini-vans. We feel like this is a great vehicle and would recommend you put it on your list of vans to test drive!"

2 Days in a Routan S

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"Granted I sell Volkswagens, at first I was very skeptical about this van because as many I felt that it was just a rebadged Chrysler. Untill I had to take the Routan on a road trip, I have drivin in the newer Town and Countrys but this simply is in a class of its own. The suspension and the seating is much more comfortable than the Chrysler's. When you drive this and then drive a town and country you will notice right off the bat how much Volkswagen has improved this Van."

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Never again

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"We bought our Routan two months ago and have had nothing but problems. Less than a week after we bought it the front turn signal assembly went out. The transmission shifts very hard and we are taking it back to the dealer again tomorrow for a district tech. to take a look at it per customer care. After sitting at the dealer for a week last time they admit the trans. isn't shifting properly but they don't know what to do to fix it. The gas mileage is horrible. Most of my commute is freeway driving yet I get 16 mpg at best. The "change oil" message popped up at 2,500 miles so that service already had to be done. The brakes squeak really bad and the dealer told me to drive it that way until 6,000 miles and then they will replace the pads. The dealer keeps telling us that the vehicle doesn't start to break in until 10,000 miles and then we will see it performing better. I don't know that my patience will let me keep this van until then because I have been to the service department so many times that they already know me by name. I really liked the look of this minivan and the features but I will definitely NEVER buy a Volkswagen again!"

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dressing up a Chrysler (badly)

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"My wife and I bought a Routan six months ago and absolutely hate the car. The second we drove it off the lot it began rattling and breaking (interior and exterior plastic pieces popping off). The car is literally the worst car that I have ever owned. It is a bad job at dressing up a chrysler town and country. The hoods on all Routans are not aligned right and if you take a look at any one, one side rests higher than the other at the hinges....Volkswagen admits the flaw, but has no fix. I have put my knee through the back of the rear folding seat while it is down and I lean in to buckle my son in his carseat 3 separate times. Volkswagen admits the construction is weak, but refuses to fix the seat any more if it occurs. I am unable to put my children in the car now...for fear of breaking the car. It is a weak piece of junk that I wouldn't recommend to anybody for any reason. If you own one, I feel for you."

My Routan

By on Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Volkswagon has always made good vehicles. I have to say the new Routan is excellent!!! I absolutely love it!! Never have any problems with it, smooth ride, very comfortable. This van will be with us for many years to come. Way to go VW!"

No way man

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle last week and the engine completly fell out of the vehicle. the 2 bolts that secures the engine popped out."

I wish I never got this car!!

By on Thursday, September 10, 2009

"We bought our Routan SEL in January of 2009 and were very excited to get our first minivan and our first VW. Since then, here is the list of problems I have had: third-row seat completely broke and would not fold down (we got that replaced with a new one), our right side power door has broken and the door could not be used...twice (both time the mechanism had to be replaced), the power steering has been messed up since we got it (it is in the shop now) and the rear tail light went out (I know this is trivial, but it should not be going out in a brand new car..we replaced this ourselves). I have to say, this car has been a pain in the butt to own. I will never purchase a VW again. :("

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals