2010 Volkswagen Routan

6.3

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.5/10
    6.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

My New BCF (best car forever)

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "GREAT VALUE, stylish, storage, power sliding doors"

Cons: "gas, towing, dashboard, not making it anymore"

"After my husband found a new job in Chicago, my 2 kids and I had to move to Illinois. I had to say goodbye to my beloved 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring. I needed a new car that I could drive in feeling good and relax in. I love German cars so I decided to stop by the Volkswagen dealership after disappointment from BMW and Mercedes. The salesman asked me what I needed and I said that I wanted a big car for my family and I. After checking out the Touareg (a little too pricey) he showed me a 2012 Volkswagen Routan SE w/DVD and Nav. I was surprised because I did not know that VW had a minivan. I was also surprised because it was a 2012 model. After checking out the Tiguan (too small) I decided to go with the Routan. It has the most amazing value. This was only the 2nd trim and it had navigation, leather, power liftgate and doors, and a dual DVD entertainment system. The VW styling is very nice and cool for a soccer mom. I have only had it for 2 or 3 months now. I have had no problems and I will probably keep it until it dies. I am having another baby and know that there will be no problem putting a booster in the Routan's large bucket seats. I do wish it had more VW styling inside, but I have no idea why VW stopped production as it is a great car and I see a surprising amount of them on the streets and driveways. The car holds up like a champ during winter and when I leave it outside in the bad weather it does fine. It is perfect for me, my kids, my dog, my house, and my anti minivan husband. I know we will be safe in an accident. Now I am considering buying an Audi SUV because the VW's towing isn't that great."

worst vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Reason: too many problems!

Pros: "very nice looking..."

Cons: "not realiable car...."

"The car had too many electrical problems, it consumed too much gas, the interior was made with cheap plastic, the shift gear timing was off all the time. Bad choice - DO NOT BUY IT!"

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not Good.

By on Monday, October 18, 2010

"We bought this van a little over a year ago. At first, I was pretty happy. I really wanted a GM Traverse after having a Trailblazer, but we needed something with better gas mileage. I liked it a first, and was fairly happy, but now things are starting to fall apart. The transmission slams after turns, there have been SIX recalls or "Customer Satisfaction Campaigns". There is intermittent moisture in the right headlamp which the dealer says they don't have a fix for unless they actually see it. They even ran a garden hose over to see if it leaks!!! Very high tech. Now, I describe the car as "driving a tin can". It's not solid, the left sliding door rattles and the seat moves when you accelerate. I have about had it with this car, but it's not worth what we paid for it now so we are stuck. I will never buy another one again. Our next car, we are going back to GMC-never had a problem with the Trailblazer. Our Camry's engine exploded. Buy American!!!!"

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals