2010 Volkswagen Routan

6.3

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.5/10
    6.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

WATCH OUT FOR COSTLY BRAKE PROBLEMS

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "barkes to many recalls and problem at 25000 miles"

"i BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR MY WIFE IN 2010. Since then several to many recalls and problems with door shades and windows and by far the battery is finished!!!!. The most annoying thing is that we had our brakes and rotors changed for 3rd time at 24000 miles. they know it in the dealership that this is a huge problem. today they told me that they stopped making this car. my advise get a lawyer and you can return this lemon car back and get your money."

Over Priced Dodge Caravan

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I bought my Routan back in July 2009. We got the Routan as an upgrade to a Jetta. BIG MISTAKE!!! The Routan is not a VW, it is a Crysler product badged as a VW. Quality fit and finish is inferior. The engine is underpowered, the transmission shifts as a 1949 Willys. Some of the options are nice, however sometines do not work as intended (ie Bluetooth, power windows, etc..). Now as for the re-sale value, horrible. If I wanted a Dodge I would have bought one and save $10,000. Now I'm stock with this for a few years. I'm hopping to get rid of it before the warranty expires."

Bad Choice by VW

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "it is still under warranty"

Cons: "VW cant fix our problems, no pickup on the highway"

"We have had this vehicle for over 18 months and since we drove it off the lot we have had nothing but problems. Our transmission shifts very hard and VW has been unable to fix the problem but they admit there is a problem. We had bad door seals and they molded and needed to be replaced. There have been over 10 service recalls on this vehicle meaning we needed to take it in to have it serviced. It is supposed to get over 20 MPG on the high way, we average about 17 and that is with only two people in the van. We love the features it offers but that is the extent of our happiness."

Big Mistake

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Really like the looks of the Routan, but it has been a nightmare. In the shop all the time from day 5. Dont buy this car. buy the same version from chrysler cheaper and with better warranty. Bad Brakes, Lots of rattling in the car. this 40k car is louder to drive than my 10 year old honda"

Not what I expected

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"I am disappointed in how many problems I have had with my Routan. It is only 1 and 1/2 years old and I have had it in for numerous things from the air conditioning going out to it leaking oil. Definitely would not recommend this van to my family or friends."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals