2010 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 130 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.4/10
    6.4/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

WATCH OUT FOR COSTLY BRAKE PROBLEMS

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "barkes to many recalls and problem at 25000 miles"

"i BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR MY WIFE IN 2010. Since then several to many recalls and problems with door shades and windows and by far the battery is finished!!!!. The most annoying thing is that we had our brakes and rotors changed for 3rd time at 24000 miles. they know it in the dealership that this is a huge problem. today they told me that they stopped making this car. my advise get a lawyer and you can return this lemon car back and get your money."

Over Priced Dodge Caravan

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I bought my Routan back in July 2009. We got the Routan as an upgrade to a Jetta. BIG MISTAKE!!! The Routan is not a VW, it is a Crysler product badged as a VW. Quality fit and finish is inferior. The engine is underpowered, the transmission shifts as a 1949 Willys. Some of the options are nice, however sometines do not work as intended (ie Bluetooth, power windows, etc..). Now as for the re-sale value, horrible. If I wanted a Dodge I would have bought one and save $10,000. Now I'm stock with this for a few years. I'm hopping to get rid of it before the warranty expires."

Bad Choice by VW

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "it is still under warranty"

Cons: "VW cant fix our problems, no pickup on the highway"

"We have had this vehicle for over 18 months and since we drove it off the lot we have had nothing but problems. Our transmission shifts very hard and VW has been unable to fix the problem but they admit there is a problem. We had bad door seals and they molded and needed to be replaced. There have been over 10 service recalls on this vehicle meaning we needed to take it in to have it serviced. It is supposed to get over 20 MPG on the high way, we average about 17 and that is with only two people in the van. We love the features it offers but that is the extent of our happiness."

Big Mistake

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Really like the looks of the Routan, but it has been a nightmare. In the shop all the time from day 5. Dont buy this car. buy the same version from chrysler cheaper and with better warranty. Bad Brakes, Lots of rattling in the car. this 40k car is louder to drive than my 10 year old honda"

Not what I expected

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"I am disappointed in how many problems I have had with my Routan. It is only 1 and 1/2 years old and I have had it in for numerous things from the air conditioning going out to it leaking oil. Definitely would not recommend this van to my family or friends."

not a good van

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "the body styling, entertainment system"

Cons: "mechanical (see above), bad in the snow"

"it was the first year so there were some kinks to work out. I expected VW to stand by their product and do the right thing when issues in the first year design came up. we had/have issues with one of the running lamps always being out, the brakes were too small for the weight of the van (went through 3 sets of brakes and only got the last ones for free after loud complaining I would have expected that since it was a known issue they would have realized and not make me buy brakes every couple of miles), tire pressure sensors rusted out and needed to be replace. for the tire pressure sensors the dealer was looking for $90 per wheel and then $180 to put them in...over $400! bought them on amazon and had the local tire guy install them without issue."

Chrysler Remake without the benefits

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No Stow"

"Approximately 1 month after buying, had to have the brake rotors turned to prevent vibration when braking. Had difficulty with sliding doors not closing until I got the factory rep involved. At 36,900 miles took it in for repair to right front strut. Out of warranty, so I took it to a garage that charges $30 less per hour. The vehicle rides great with lots of pep from the 4 liter engine. Missing the stow"

Minivan for wife who refused to drive a minivan

By on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pros: "Styling, fun to drive, rear-seat entertainment system"

Cons: "Last row great for kids, not so great for six-footers"

"Bought Routan after spotting one in a showroom and realizing it was essentially a restyled Chrysler Town and Country. My wife liked the latter, but she didn't want to be a minivan driver; convinced her to take a test ride and she was hooked by the more VW-esque styling and handling. Vehicle has had some recalls, but given the free service the first few years, not an issue, and not any more than a Chrysler from what others tell me. Also got a great price given VW hasn't moved as many of these as they had planned. All and all, we've been very satisfied with this vehicle and have recommended to others."

Very happy with my Routan

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Great value, great driving experience, excellent handling and performance"

2009 SE 29k miles

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I would have to say that the only complaint I have for this vehicle is that the MPG sucks for the 3.8L version. Expect about 13 MPG around town. Other than that I am pleased with the VW purchase. Awesome deals on these out there is what made me choose VW. I hope I do not have a lemon because I really do like the van."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals