2010 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.5/10
    6.3/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Not your typical minivan!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great features w/o the price,"

Cons: "towing capacity"

"We have loved this van. As a man who drives it a lot, I love how it handles more like a semi-sports car than a loose town-car. I've heard some people say it's not as smooth riding but I don't know what they're talking about. It's got very responsive steering and an engine to back it up. We've made several long road trips in it and it travels well. We put about 20k miles a year on our vehicles and it has stood up to the wear and tear. In the VW, you get many of the "upgrades" but without the premium price. I personally like the sporty changes that VW put on the van. The spoiler, different nose, and interior designs are great. All the seats are VERY comfortable. The leather has been extremely durable and I would highly recommend it. There's also a lot of great extra storage space in the floor due to the design from Chrysler but without the stow-and-go seats. We have one with a dual entertainment system and wireless headphones. Our kids love it. If we wanted to, our kids can be watching 2 different movies on the headphones and we can listen to iPod or something up front on a long trip. It also has an AUX input by the rear row that you can plug a game console or iPod into and feed into speakers and/or video screen(s). The touchscreen entertainment system has been great. We love the built in hard drive for loading CD's onto it. We did have an issue with an engine valve spring but it was covered under the warranty. The VW dealership has a technician who is specially trained to work on the Routan. I did wish that it had a bit more towing capacity but even the other vans can't tow that much. One other thing, if you want to use the LATCH in the 3rd row, it will fit 2 car seats and not leave any room left for a third person. We've gone ahead and just used the seat belts and it hasn't been a problem. I would recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat."

WOW BEST MPG .... I am SAVING $250 PLUS A MONTH

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "WOW GREAT MPG"

Cons: "WISH I GOT THE SUNROOF"

"Almost 30 mpg Highway 25 avg. Better than the sticker says. I am not a hyper Miler either! The extra money in the pocket means alot..... Great handeling, tight; and the kids love the Captain Chairs. I DO NOT MISS MY "AWD VAN" WHICH WAS ALWAYS IN THE SHOP OR GAS STATION !!!!!!!!!"

WATCH OUT FOR COSTLY BRAKE PROBLEMS

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "barkes to many recalls and problem at 25000 miles"

"i BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR MY WIFE IN 2010. Since then several to many recalls and problems with door shades and windows and by far the battery is finished!!!!. The most annoying thing is that we had our brakes and rotors changed for 3rd time at 24000 miles. they know it in the dealership that this is a huge problem. today they told me that they stopped making this car. my advise get a lawyer and you can return this lemon car back and get your money."

Best Minivan on the Road

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great family vehicle, roomy, spacious, quiet"

"I cannot say enough great things about this car. I've been excited by this car since our test drive two years ago and it still does not disappoint. Built for families but with a stylish flair, it is comfy and fun to drive. Besides, the complimentary services every 6,000 miles is amazing. Overall, I'd buy it again - and again."

The Best Minivan Out There!

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"After test-driving every minivan available today, this family of 4 couldn't be happier!! We're familiar with a smooth ride since we traded in our Volvo for the Routan; it drives just as well. All the little details VW added make this van worth every single hard-earned penny. The dealer incentive was $5K off, so we feel we got a smokin' hot deal. The Rear Entertainment System (RES) will be great for the long road trips we like to take."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals