2010 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.6/10
    7.3/10

ROUTAN SAVES ME $250-$300 A MONTH IN GAS

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "GREAT MPG MORE THAN EXPECTED"

Cons: "WHISH THEY HAD AWD OPTION"

"I USED TO OWN A 2008 AWD VAN AND THE MPG 16 AVG 20 HWY WAS KILLING ME. MY ROUTAN IS GETTING 30 PLUS HWY AND 24 AVG... ALMOST 40% BETTER MPG. IT IS HEAVIER AND RESPONDS BETTER ON THE ROAD AS WELL. THE SEATING IS WIDER AND THE STEERING WHEEL IS TIGHT. SO FAR I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AND THE DEALER IS WONDERFUL."

Not worth all the trouble it causes

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Lots of Cup holders !!"

Cons: "No Quality !!!!"

"I have 2009 that I bought new. The Breaks have been replaced / resurfaced 8 times now in 30k miles. The Headliner fell down. The transmission had issues. Van shut off while driving down the road.. The doors stick.. The Radio failed 3 times. The list goes on and on..... Thought I was doing the right thing to keep my family safe now I am afraid to put them in the thing,"

vary comfy and reliability is ALSOM

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING"

"I LOVE MY ROUTAN IT IS SO COMFY AND RELIABILE RECMEND IT TO ENYONE"

WATCH OUT FOR COSTLY BRAKE PROBLEMS

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "barkes to many recalls and problem at 25000 miles"

"i BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR MY WIFE IN 2010. Since then several to many recalls and problems with door shades and windows and by far the battery is finished!!!!. The most annoying thing is that we had our brakes and rotors changed for 3rd time at 24000 miles. they know it in the dealership that this is a huge problem. today they told me that they stopped making this car. my advise get a lawyer and you can return this lemon car back and get your money."

fun

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "very convenient, fun to drive and quiet"

Cons: "city fuel consumption, and third row legroom"

"I love my 2010 routan mine is silver,its the se with dvd package, it has very good power and a nice steering feel, and very easy brakes. I can see everything around me when I'm driving it. And have had one small problem, the problem was the right power door was not sounding right i took it to the dealer and they fixed it at no cost has acted up since and its been awhile. we have traveled with it about 15 times to different places and its very quit on the highway and the fuel consumption is good about 27mpg ,but in the city i avg 13mpg . I love my minivan"

Please Buy My Vehciel!

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "alot"

"I bought this van back in 2009 because I am a tech at the VW dealer and so I get a discount. I thought at the time since its a re badged Chrysler product that I could have a VW that is actually reliable. This is a far from reliable vehicle. I have replaced the transmission and brakes as well as had several electrical issues. I am now noticing that it is leaking oil from the timing chain cover. My recommendation is for anyone that buys a VW product is to have it inspected by another shop other then the Vw dealership before the warranty exspires. This is because according to VW of America we are not aloud to notify the customer of any issues with there vehicle until it is out of warranty, but if the customer mentions an issue then we can a dress it."

Do not recommend this car.

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "The price was good for all the item it included"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"More than 10 recalls, leaks form the sunroof, battery doesn't last, the paint in the doorknobs is peeling off! the lights on the dashboard turn on and off whenever they want making it too often a visit to the dealer to fix that. Also problem with the starring system."

Questionable for Name

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful Car, Roomy"

Cons: "Brakes, Signal Lights, Eats Batteries"

"Not a fan of Chrysler and Chrysler is the manufacturer of the Volkswagen Routan. I think it would be a better car if they avoided Chrysler. My car is a 2009. I need over $1000 dollars in brake work. Replaced tires last November; this was $800. Working on my third battery. Need body repair on back passenger side panel. Almost like piece this was not connected properly or too loosely. About a year after purchase - car had to be towed to dealer. It just shut down while driving, could not remove key from ignition nor let the windows up."

Mostly it is amazing!!!

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Love Just about everything!!!"

Cons: "BRAKES AND ROTORS!!! Replace them every 16,000 :("

"I love this car. A few issues that I wish I could change: 1) Hard for tall people to drive for long periods of time. My husband is 6'2 and gets uncomfortable driving after about an hour because the seat doesn't go back far enough. For me at 5'10 it is perfect. 2)Hard to get to the back seats (3rd row) when 2nd row seats are in place. The 2nd row seats do not move forward far enough to push them forward and crawl behind them and they sit too close to the front seats to move around the front of them. We have resorted to crawling through the back of the car to be able to get into the 3rd row, but then you can't have both parts of the 3rd row up and can't fill the back with stuff. 3) the BIGGEST ISSUE - the brakes and Rotors. We have had the car for less than 2 years. We have had both front and back rotors and brake pads replaced now 3 times. 1st - after 3 months of owning the car, 10 months later and now 7 months. Each time was approxametley 16,000 miles of wear and tear on the van. And Volkswagon is saying it's how we drive, must be because we drive up and down hills alot and use the brakes excessivley. We live in the desert with no hills around us for about 90 miles. This is not a problem with how I drive my car. Other than the brakes though, I can live with the other 2 complaints. They are more about convience. Brakes and Rotors every 16,000 that cost almost $400 each time....NOT OK!!!"

Nicest minivan i have ever seen...most amenities..

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "more toys than you can ask for..."

Cons: "sticker shock..."

"SEL premium package has more toys than any minivan I have ever seen...in my work I deal with all high end cars (Mercedes, Bentley, Rolls Royce, etc...)and this van is just as nice on the interior...both side doors are power open/close 3rd rows seat power folds into floor, 3 screens for dvds, moon roof, remote start, sun shades built into side doors, huge storage area in the floors, heated front and rear seats, the list goes on and on..."

Sporty Ride and Pretty Efficient on Gas

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Up to 30 mpg on Highway, Good Acceleration"

Cons: "Transmission, Water in Headlights, Center console"

"The VW Routan won't win car of the year, but compared to its Chrysler cousin it is Superior. The ride is comfortable yet firm and sporty enough to take corners at reasonable speeds without swaying about like most minivans. The interior styling is excellent and free of rattles and creaks, but the center console is short and unstable. Exterior styling is very good and pleasing to the eye unlike the box on wheels styling of the town and country. The engine provides great acceleration and very surprising fuel economy on minimal load. I can get up to 30 mpg on the highway driving like grandma or 25 mpg at 65 mph. Quality is as expected with Chrysler engineering. The headlights retain rain water and the brakes are already squealing at 2900 mile on the odometer. The Routan handles good in medium snow and ice with careful driving. And don't expect to get good gas mileage with a full load and luggage with any vehicle. The transmission needs fine tuning as thumps are quite evident with shifts especially using ECO mode in the city with stop n go traffic which produces no improvement in gas mileage. Eco mode does however help in highway driving mpg, but increases violent shifts when slowing down. The Routan is not a bad choice for a minivan, but if you want to avoid enormous depreciation, shop Honda or Toyota."

Best van we've ever owned!

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "With dealer discount was actual cheaper than T/C."

Cons: "Not as many VW dealerships around if needed."

"Previous has 3 T/C and a Ford. This one is great!"

Owned for 6mo

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "price, value, ride - overall good vehicle"

Cons: "Missing a few options"

"No issues from VW just from the dealer we bought it from. The van is a good buy. We have the SE w/Nav and dual dvd with pwr doors. Rides/drives very nice. Good in rain and snow. The nav and dvd are nice. The only complaints are minor. No auto lights or fog lights. you have to go to the SEL model to get fog lights. Kind of dumb. Also you can't view your tire pressure from the info center. It only tells you id a tire is low. We have the back up camera which is nice but it doesn't have back up sensors. Again, dumb. Those are the little things I wish it had, other than those things I am happy with it."

Chrysler Remake without the benefits

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No Stow"

"Approximately 1 month after buying, had to have the brake rotors turned to prevent vibration when braking. Had difficulty with sliding doors not closing until I got the factory rep involved. At 36,900 miles took it in for repair to right front strut. Out of warranty, so I took it to a garage that charges $30 less per hour. The vehicle rides great with lots of pep from the 4 liter engine. Missing the stow"

love it

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Cons: "should have upped for leather"

"i love my van. its great with kids. in floor storage, heated seats, moon roof, good stero system, fold down back seats, drives well, remote start, good gas milage, roomy ,comfy!"

Best Minivan on the Road

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great family vehicle, roomy, spacious, quiet"

"I cannot say enough great things about this car. I've been excited by this car since our test drive two years ago and it still does not disappoint. Built for families but with a stylish flair, it is comfy and fun to drive. Besides, the complimentary services every 6,000 miles is amazing. Overall, I'd buy it again - and again."

The worst mistake I ever made

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "There aren't enough pros to make up for the issues"

Cons: "Everything...In the shop more than out"

"Please do no buy this minivan!!!! I have had nothing but problems with it and Volkeswagon wont help. AT 14,000 and just 2 years old I had to replace the rear brakes and rotors(Its a lease) and because it was over the 12mo 12k miles warranty wouldn't cover it. This was my 4th VW (2 passat, 1 Tureg before) and I will never be back to Volkswagon. Over the holiday weekend my battery blew up and left me stranded with my 2 young kids. That was Friday, its now Monday and they said maybe Tuesday or Wednesday because they didn't have parts for it. It has been in the shop more than out of the shop. I too had problems with the sliding doors as my sons head got squished in them on more than 1 occasion they finally fixed/adjusted the sensor. I never had any problems with any of my "German" made cars. This was a big mistake for VW. I will never be back and I will be sure to tell everyone I know about VW not standing behind their product/mistake with Chrysler. I now dont feel safe driving this vehicle and my lease is not up until 5/2012 which is not soon enough."

Awesome drive.

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Everything about the vehicle is a pro."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"I have never been one to dig the minivan concept, however, when my wife talked me into just looking at them, after the test-drive I was sold. Very smooth ride and we have enjoyed it ever since. I am not much of one to take the back seat on any ride, but I wouldn't mind this ride anytime in the back seat. Two dvd screens for viewing two movies at the same time. Very quiet ride. If I didn't have this now, I would even consider purchasing a used one just like it because I am that sold on the vehicle. I am more of a Ford man myself, but next in line for me after Ford is now the VW. Great vehicles and great service through the dealership. After two weeks of owning the van we drove down to Disneyland. Great drive and couldn't ask for anything more. Heated seats, leather, very quiet ride. Many times I wonder if the engine is still running if stopped because it is that quiet. Would highly recommend the Routan to anyone looking for a mini van, and if you're not, you should look at this ride over an SUV. Cost on gas is much lower and the ride is AWESOME. Both daughters have actually bought VW's since we bought this van, just because that is how impressed we are with the quality. I should have been purchasing VW's years ago."

love my vw

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "feel very safe in this vehicle"

Cons: "add rear back up sound in addition to camera"

"owned for almost 3 yrs now, have not had any problems. kids love the duel tv's. use the rear reverse folding seats at the drive in's Yes we have drive in movies in PA. Handles great, took on 3 trips over 1,000 miles, performed well. Gas mileage is very good on trips around 26mpg. love the built in gps. still finding new features."

What a Minivan Should Be!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of room, excellent visibility"

Cons: "Not a sports car!"

"I have owned two other minivans and this is by far the best one I have ever owned. The steering and suspension make the car fun to drive. The interior has creature comforts galore and the auto sliding side doors make getting in with groceries a snap. Autostart and heated seats take the edge off the Alaska winters. Mine has 25K miles on it, had a pinhole in an AC hose when I got it and one repair to the electronic traction control when it was brand new. Otherwise the only time it's been to the dealer is for the free oil changes. Hard to say about a minivan, but I love this car!"

Bad Choice by VW

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "it is still under warranty"

Cons: "VW cant fix our problems, no pickup on the highway"

"We have had this vehicle for over 18 months and since we drove it off the lot we have had nothing but problems. Our transmission shifts very hard and VW has been unable to fix the problem but they admit there is a problem. We had bad door seals and they molded and needed to be replaced. There have been over 10 service recalls on this vehicle meaning we needed to take it in to have it serviced. It is supposed to get over 20 MPG on the high way, we average about 17 and that is with only two people in the van. We love the features it offers but that is the extent of our happiness."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

"Love this car! Creates ease when hands are full with children or groceries etc. Lots of bells and whistles which I love but some are starting to not work. Like blue tooth. Not necessary things."

Fantastic Family Vehicle

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable on long drives, love the Nav syst"

Cons: "headrests on seats lean forward too much"

"Very comfortable on long drives, love the Nav system and bluetooth, work great! The kids love the dual dvd so they can each watch what they want."

Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Good on the road, steering and suspension excellen"

Cons: "Low gas mileage a little low compared to other mvs"

"For a base model (S), it has everything necessary as your standard grocery getter but the ride and handling is the best I've had in any minivan (Kia, older Voyager, older Toyota). Pretty spartan but hasn't fallen to pieces and doesn't make weird noises like the Kia or older model Voyagers did."

had a number of engine light issues

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "rides ok"

Cons: "quality issues"

"The vehicle rides nicely, but is not necessarily reliable. The quality of this vehicle is not great. VW is not very competent to resolve issues with this vehicle since it is made by Chrysler. Overall it has been a disappoiting experience, and I do not recommend this vehicle!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals