2009 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.6/10
    6.3/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
    7.3/10

THEY JUST WANT YOUR $$$$$$

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "Everything -pricy,bad sevice,bad brakes,bad doors"

"I bought my van new $37000 in '09 I have had MANY problems to many to list. The main 2 are first the rear brake the caliper frame was faulty causing rotor and pad to be shot that was '11 and even though they knew frame was faulty was not replaced now '13 it wore out my brake and rotor again and now there saying it was from the caliper bracket so they wont do anything about it. (its the same part)but HAHA my warranty is over I think thats what they were waiting for so they could get more money. Second my side door on passenger side wasn't working properly and there was a recall but they only did that side and now my other side is acting up and they say well the recall is outdated so they probably wont cover it. DO NOT BUY A VW OF ANY MODEL YOU WILL WISH YOU DIDNT."

Would'nt do it again, unless I really had too!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Great use of space. Quiet on good roads."

Cons: "A mix of Chrysler and VW? Not the best grounds...."

"I always consider the reliability if a vehicle by how much time it spends at a dealership in a twelve month period. More importantly, how good a service department is at resolving issues. Firstly, brakes on this vehicle were truly not engineered well. Just view the extensive complaints about warped rotors? I normally put these comments down to bad driving habits, but not in this case. My vehicle has never been driven with more than three people in, never loaded and still I've replaced three sets of front rotors within 30k miles. Half a dozen repair attempts at fixing the side rattling doors, never resolved. Chrsyler modded their vans while VW never did the same. Noisy transmission, that bumps and drops between gears, something that a VW tech considers normal. Numerous failed window motors, buttons and regulators. Poor city MPG. Rust appearing on upper internal areas of door. Vehicle has spent 10 weeks at dealer within the last 60... I'd truly be surprised, if this vehicle makes it to a 100k, without a major issue! Such a shame, considering my previous Odessey clocked up 180k before any real concerns."

LOVE our car

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "can fit tons of stuff in it"

Cons: "middle seats not on tracks and cost"

"We bought our Routan used and we still love it. It accommodates all 4 of children and is wonderful during 14 hour road trips. If I had to pick one flaw that we work around is that the middle seats aren't adjustable (on tracks) as far as for leg room. Other than that it gets great gas mileage and its a living room on wheels. Tons of room! awesome car just wish it was a little cheaper."

Solid Choice

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Like the stow-and-go feature."

Cons: "Wished gas mileage was a little better (who wdnt)"

"We recently bought a 2009 Routan. Shortly after we bought it we drove it out to the Grand Canyon (2800+ mile round trip). After driving it around before our vacation trip I was a little concerned about how the 3.8L engine would do in the mountains, but I was pleasantly pleased with the performance. The downside of the performance was that when the cruise was on the mph would go down 5-10 before the transmission would shift to compensate for the elevation gain. The ride is a little stiffer than our old van (Chrysler T&C), but not too bad. Overall, I am happy with our purchase."

Not your typical minivan!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great features w/o the price,"

Cons: "towing capacity"

"We have loved this van. As a man who drives it a lot, I love how it handles more like a semi-sports car than a loose town-car. I've heard some people say it's not as smooth riding but I don't know what they're talking about. It's got very responsive steering and an engine to back it up. We've made several long road trips in it and it travels well. We put about 20k miles a year on our vehicles and it has stood up to the wear and tear. In the VW, you get many of the "upgrades" but without the premium price. I personally like the sporty changes that VW put on the van. The spoiler, different nose, and interior designs are great. All the seats are VERY comfortable. The leather has been extremely durable and I would highly recommend it. There's also a lot of great extra storage space in the floor due to the design from Chrysler but without the stow-and-go seats. We have one with a dual entertainment system and wireless headphones. Our kids love it. If we wanted to, our kids can be watching 2 different movies on the headphones and we can listen to iPod or something up front on a long trip. It also has an AUX input by the rear row that you can plug a game console or iPod into and feed into speakers and/or video screen(s). The touchscreen entertainment system has been great. We love the built in hard drive for loading CD's onto it. We did have an issue with an engine valve spring but it was covered under the warranty. The VW dealership has a technician who is specially trained to work on the Routan. I did wish that it had a bit more towing capacity but even the other vans can't tow that much. One other thing, if you want to use the LATCH in the 3rd row, it will fit 2 car seats and not leave any room left for a third person. We've gone ahead and just used the seat belts and it hasn't been a problem. I would recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals