2009 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.5/10
    6.3/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

We needed a van. VW had vans.

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Features, price, engine mileage"

Cons: "Tranny, tranny, tranny."

"With VW closing out the Routan in 2012 I had an opportunity for a very good deal. An SE with Nav and RSE and 3 year maint for $23k. I couldn't find a 2010 lower level Toyota Sienna with under 40k miles for that price. I didn't expect a Toyota. I had one on an extended rental and it was nice. But neither did I want to pay Toyota money. The engine in the VW is great. Very powerful and surprising mileage. On a trip from the Central coast to the LA area (5 hrs) the van got 27 MPG and that was average 75 mph +. The transmission on the other hand gets easily confused. On the highway it's fine. If you drive it like a grandma easing on the throttle trying to save gas it's pretty smooth. But try to pass or push the throttle a little to make it shift down good luck. It doesn't want to stay in the lower gear. It stutters on shift changes. It will shift up so that it's at 1200 RPM at 45 miles per hour going up hill. There should be a patch for this. Wife loves it. She drives like a grandma saving gas."

Best deal for the money for a mnivan

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage - space, comfort"

"Awesome van!!! Gas mileage is incredible - getting 21 city and up to 36 highway so far and its only a year old! Love live love it!!!!"

Owned for 6mo

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "price, value, ride - overall good vehicle"

Cons: "Missing a few options"

"No issues from VW just from the dealer we bought it from. The van is a good buy. We have the SE w/Nav and dual dvd with pwr doors. Rides/drives very nice. Good in rain and snow. The nav and dvd are nice. The only complaints are minor. No auto lights or fog lights. you have to go to the SEL model to get fog lights. Kind of dumb. Also you can't view your tire pressure from the info center. It only tells you id a tire is low. We have the back up camera which is nice but it doesn't have back up sensors. Again, dumb. Those are the little things I wish it had, other than those things I am happy with it."

Chrysler Remake without the benefits

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No Stow"

"Approximately 1 month after buying, had to have the brake rotors turned to prevent vibration when braking. Had difficulty with sliding doors not closing until I got the factory rep involved. At 36,900 miles took it in for repair to right front strut. Out of warranty, so I took it to a garage that charges $30 less per hour. The vehicle rides great with lots of pep from the 4 liter engine. Missing the stow"

love it

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Cons: "should have upped for leather"

"i love my van. its great with kids. in floor storage, heated seats, moon roof, good stero system, fold down back seats, drives well, remote start, good gas milage, roomy ,comfy!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals