2009 Volkswagen Routan

6.1

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

6.6/10
    6.3/10
    6.3/10
    6.8/10
    7.2/10
    7.3/10

Best minivan on the road

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, lots of storage, best styling"

Cons: "Chrysler built"

"Love the comfort, ride and storage. Best looking / style of minivan on the road. Very good gas mileage on the interstate even loaded down. Will normally get 26-27 mpg on the interstate. Had the smaller 3.8L engine in the 2009 model. This 2010 SEL was loaded with the 4.0L engine. At 70 mph is barely turns 1600 rpm. Can be very quick for a minivan. Lots of grunt and power. Very comfortable ride even on long trips."

very reliable vehicle :-)

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Got a great price for it; solid & reliable"

"Bought this van new 5 years ago to replace another VW van. This one is far superior to previous one!!! A German vehicle built by Chrysler in Canada...go figure :-)) Love the way it drives and handles--very smooth and solid. Seats are generous & comfortable for long distance driving. Gas mileage is around 19-20. Overall vision is very good w/ glass all around. Control panels well designed, easy to use. Aside from regular maintenance, have had only very minor issue with one of the power windows. Didn't get a van with a lot of bells & whistles, so there's less to go wrong/repair. Overall it's well made, and a good value. Gets me where I want to go, comfortably & reliably. Would recommend :-))"

Not bad for a minivan

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "adding oil pretty often"

"Drove this van through snow storms, hail, dessert heat, cross country, and even raced/ chased a few crooks in it. 118,000 no transmission service done, basic maintenance, and it is still going strong. It does suck oil up pretty fast, but compared to other reviews I feel lucky thats all I really had to deal with. I drive this Van Like I am in Nascar!"

might be the reason why VW stop making their van

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

"does not get around good in snow, bad traction on wet streets, factor tire sensor goes out a lot, caused a blow out while traveling. Lots of great storage"

Do not buy this vehicle.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "DVD system"

Cons: "New pads every nine months, shoddy transmission"

"I bought this van because I have only ever driven VWs. This is not a VW, however, this is a Chrysler, a fact I found out later. Roters were replaced almost immediately, calipers bad almost immediately and I am now at the point where I have to replace pads at least once every ten months and the steering wheel violently shakes whenever the brake is pressed. On two separate occasions my brakes actually caught fire. Transmission jumps every time the car switches gears. I have had it just can't wait to get rid of it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals