2009 Volkswagen Rabbit

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Excellent performance

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This car really zips down the road, accelearting like you wouldn't believe. But it's roomy too. I moved houses in it, and, with the seats down, was able to move some small desks and book cases. I'm a basketball coach and I carry 12 basketballs in the trunk and often times four big basketball players--though the space isn't ideal for so many people. I got my car at a time when they were doing 0% interest for 36 months, so the actual monthly price I pay is about the same as the Toyota Yaris I was also looking at, except with greater safety and performance and doo-dads and space (though not the gas mileage). It also came wih 4 year / 45,000 mile warranty coverage which was better than the Yaris as well. The gase mileage has varied from 22 or 23 to 28 or 29. I had a tire blow out on me at just 5,000 miles and another one that got flat with a nail at 10,000. The sound system is fantastic and I use my ipod in it all the time. Cruise control and air/heat have both been excellent, as has the wiper on the back of the car. I don't use the tectronics or sport performance really at all, though perhaps I'll read about it some point and figure out if there is anything else to it besides it being kind of a fun oddity. Lots of storage space inbetween seats and on the sides. The doors are kind of large and heavy, however, and have that tendency to get their momentum going and swing really wide and, if you're not careful, put a scratch in a neighboring car (or if you're not careful in the other direction, put a dent in your foot or leg). The best thing about the hatch-back, however, is the cool noise it makes when you press the secret hidden silver button on the back that pops the hatch up. I'm very pleased with its performacne and reliability and, for a small, inexpensive car, for its space as well."

pretty good little car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "handeling, reliability, power"

Cons: "expensive parts, cheap and basic interior"

"Bought my rabbit used back in 2010 and put 40k on it so far totaling 72k. Haven't had any real maintenance issues thus far outside normal wear and tear. Parts and service can be expensive when needed so be prepared. Overall though its been pretty reliable. Drives great, corners well, has plenty of power for a little car, turns on a dime and can park it just about anywhere. The only down side to this car is vw leaves a little to be desired in the interior. pretty plain and basic compared to other makes and models of comparable size. Gas mileage isn't bad but not as good as you would expect. I estimate between 25-27 in the city and about 30 on the highway. If your are considering this for your next car its definitely a good buy. Get the four door. The two door can be inconvenient especially with kids. Also if you plan on keeping it for a long time its more expensive but I've been told the diesels will get up to 55mpg on the highway."

By on Thursday, January 08, 2009

"Fantastic vehicle! I've had it for 2 and a half years and never had a problem with it. It drives wonderfully and the interior is very impressive for the price of the car. I do a lot of driving in it and it's very comfortable. Gets pretty good gas mileage. Also, don't let the small size deceive you, I once fit a small dresser in it!! It can hold a ton of stuff if you pack it the right way. Only downside is finding people to service it, I almost always have to go to a VW dealership."

Just lost my Rabbit

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"I am very sad to report that I just lost my Rabbit to a total loss accident. The good news is I will be replacing it with a new one! The main reason for my review is to let consumer's know that this car performed excellent in safety. I was T-Boned at 45 MPH and the side airbag deployed without a hitch. Also, the structure performed excellent and protected me 100%. I do have some injuries but far less then what I would have had in another car. So hat's off to VW for the excellent safety engineering! As far as the car goes, I replaced an Audi A4 when I bought the rabbit due to the fuel economy. Although the Audi had nicer ammenities, the rabbit is the best VALUE on the road. I had a 2Dr. with a 5 speed. Always fun to drive and economical."

This is a great car, drives like a sports car!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "I wish the gas mileage was better"

"I bought my rabbit new in 2007, it's been a great car, drives like a sports car. The hatchback is great. The vw dealerships are great, they even wash your car with an oil change, which only has to be done every 10,000 miles. My last car was a hyundia accent and the cost of regular care from the dealer was 3 times the cost of VW. Even after having the car for 6 years it rides like new and I really don't want a new car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Rabbit near Honolulu. See local deals