2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Excellent performance

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This car really zips down the road, accelearting like you wouldn't believe. But it's roomy too. I moved houses in it, and, with the seats down, was able to move some small desks and book cases. I'm a basketball coach and I carry 12 basketballs in the trunk and often times four big basketball players--though the space isn't ideal for so many people. I got my car at a time when they were doing 0% interest for 36 months, so the actual monthly price I pay is about the same as the Toyota Yaris I was also looking at, except with greater safety and performance and doo-dads and space (though not the gas mileage). It also came wih 4 year / 45,000 mile warranty coverage which was better than the Yaris as well. The gase mileage has varied from 22 or 23 to 28 or 29. I had a tire blow out on me at just 5,000 miles and another one that got flat with a nail at 10,000. The sound system is fantastic and I use my ipod in it all the time. Cruise control and air/heat have both been excellent, as has the wiper on the back of the car. I don't use the tectronics or sport performance really at all, though perhaps I'll read about it some point and figure out if there is anything else to it besides it being kind of a fun oddity. Lots of storage space inbetween seats and on the sides. The doors are kind of large and heavy, however, and have that tendency to get their momentum going and swing really wide and, if you're not careful, put a scratch in a neighboring car (or if you're not careful in the other direction, put a dent in your foot or leg). The best thing about the hatch-back, however, is the cool noise it makes when you press the secret hidden silver button on the back that pops the hatch up. I'm very pleased with its performacne and reliability and, for a small, inexpensive car, for its space as well."

This is a great car, drives like a sports car!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "I wish the gas mileage was better"

"I bought my rabbit new in 2007, it's been a great car, drives like a sports car. The hatchback is great. The vw dealerships are great, they even wash your car with an oil change, which only has to be done every 10,000 miles. My last car was a hyundia accent and the cost of regular care from the dealer was 3 times the cost of VW. Even after having the car for 6 years it rides like new and I really don't want a new car!"

Best in Class

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"For the price you simply can not beat the build quality and comfort. It has the perfect balance of luxury and economy. Drives super smooth and quiet for a $16k car and is built like cars twice it's price, simply solid. It has good gas mileage for having the most horsepower and torque in it's class but if your looking for the best MPG look at the Honda civic or fit. I get a consistent 29mpg with 50% city and 50% highway driving. There is plenty of room for four adults in the nicest interior anywhere near its price range. I haven't had the opportunity to drive mine in the snow yet but I hear they handle poorly with the factory tires, so I will be putting standalone snow tires on this winter to be on the safe side. Speaking of safe, that is one of the top reasons I bought the Rabbit. It has to be one of the safest small cars on the market. Don't take my word for it though, go take a test drive."

By on Thursday, January 08, 2009

"Fantastic vehicle! I've had it for 2 and a half years and never had a problem with it. It drives wonderfully and the interior is very impressive for the price of the car. I do a lot of driving in it and it's very comfortable. Gets pretty good gas mileage. Also, don't let the small size deceive you, I once fit a small dresser in it!! It can hold a ton of stuff if you pack it the right way. Only downside is finding people to service it, I almost always have to go to a VW dealership."

Rabbit 1, GTI 0

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I test drove the Rabbit and GTI; although the GTI is considerably faster, the Rabbit's 2.5L is more than any normal driver will need. Engine response is quick for city driving, while the 5th cylinder gives extra umph for highway acceleration. Back seats are comfortable even for people 6' tall and the cargo area is bigger than expected from a small car like this. Go buy a Rabbit!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Rabbit near Honolulu. See local deals