2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

Based on 194 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

love this car

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "all good"

Cons: "always needs bulbs.. turn signal, brake"

"the only problem i have with this car, is it seems as if i am always replacing blinker bulbs, brake light bulbs.. its always bulbs, bulbs, bulbs.. but it is still a wonderful car."

Great car except for unresolved engine light issue

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "See narritive"

Cons: "Engine light issues"

"The good- Excellent fit and finish. Paint outstanding. Interior lacks an armrest. Good rear legroom and trunk(hatch) space. Lots of airbags. Engine has more than adequate power. Transmission logic a bit strange at lower (in town) speeds. Fuel economy less than most competitors. The bad- engine light came on (evap small leak) 3 months ago and after 5 repeated trips to the dealer the issue is still unresolved. Both the dealer and VW have been excellent and fair in attempting to repair the car but the light keeps coming back on about every 3-4 weeks with the same code."

good vehicle

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "price is right"

Cons: "unknown"

"good clean car"

Fun awesome little car !

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, fast, spasious for a compact"

Cons: "exspensive parts, big blind spots"

"I love this car! It is surprisingly roomy, I drove my 6'4" dad around and he had plenty of leg room. I have used this car to move multi times and it fits everything. This car is very fast and fun to drive, it handles Michigan's winters like a pro (have the heated seats and heated mirrors). Now the bad parts, I never noticed this till my bf brought it up but the blind spots on this car are huge but the front windshield is great, since I'm short the big window helps me see everything in front of me. Oil changes and fixing this car obviously cost a lot because of the foreign parts, it took me awhile to find a mechanic that wasn't part of vw store. Common problems are the locks on the handles fail( you will know its starting because it will just constantly lock and unlock all by itself), the computer for the fan on the radiator is known to have issues.Mind you these are just commonly known problems other people have had with their rabbits, my car has not had anything major go wrong with it, other than oil changes and brakes, my check engine light did come on for the radiator fan but nothing was wrong with it. And I'm not sure if this is an issue with vws or not but my clear coat started pealing off before I even put 40,000 miles on it. And the tire sensors are pretty sensitive to the temp outside too."

My 4th European car, great value,looks, utility

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Built quality, reliability, exclusivity, utility"

Cons: "I cannot find any for 7 years of ownership"

"Great car for the money. I have owned other VW/Audi/Skoda automobiles. Great build quality and attention to build quality. Unified parts with VW/Audi, great torque from this 5 cylinder engine. No technical issues with it. Balance between sportiness and comfort. I took good care of it and it shows. What other cars can you find that windshield wipers don't obscure view? Is it only VW/Audi? Hatchback utility is unrivaled. Drop the seats and fit in a mountain bike. I have changed manual transmission fluid but shouldn't have. When they say lifetime, it's lifetime. Japanese manual transmission - greatness. Clutch shows no sign of wear at 85000 miles."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Rabbit near Honolulu. See local deals