2008 Volkswagen R32

9.6

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2008 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

The best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive, Reliable"

Cons: "Latch to rear seat seems flimsy."

"Previously i drove an Infiniti G35 Coupe, and this car blows it out of the water. Fun to drive, reliable, comfortable, fast, handles incredibly and gets looks everywhere i go. This is just an excellent vehicle and by FAR the best purchase I've made."

Best Auto Purchase Ever

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"First, I have to admit I am a VW Hatchback fan. I had an '02 GTI. We bought our R32 in September. We absolutely love this car. It has great handling, looks great, and has an interior that rivals the Audi's we've owned. Then there's that sweet exhause growl!!! You are never wanting for power and the DSG is as smooth as silk. We've already taken it for a few long trips. It is a wonderful touring machine. Granted, you have to like hatchbacks to want to spend $35k on this VW, but if you do this car is worth every penny and then some."

Engine and DSG/say no more!

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"The engine has an addictive sound when you start the car. The car is luxurious, sporty yet very comfortable to drive. However, if you need to hustle, just put your right foot down and you are there. Better than the BMW 330 and a much nicer car than the Japanese competition. I would buy another now just to have 2! Only complaint? the ipod plug in is in the glove compartment...WHY VW??"

White Lightening in Kentucky

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"I am honored to say that I have one of the most attractive, more aggressive cars on wet pavement or snow in Alaska, or even the most dependable car I have ever own. I had wondered about the stability and reliability of the R32 for about six months before deciding to buy the car. Honestly, if you are a driver that wants a vehicle that is heavy, quick, road gripping, as well as feeling safe behind the wheel of a sports car, the R32 is definitely a dependable car while driving on snowy road of Alaska. I strongly recommend that VW re-evaluate the vehicle to produce more! Personally, with the technology and the well design behind the R32, a call to the future, this is one little car that will catch anyone’s attention. The R32 is truly a remarkable and well engineered piece of equipment. I find it a shame that more of the R32s are not offered in the United States. When and if the R32 is redesigned, with comparable equipment or more advance equipment, I will most definitely be at the dealership to get the next generation of R32s. – Louisville, Kentucky"

Surprisingly adaptable! Fast, comfortable, useful!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"let me start by saying that I am a fan of most products from the VW Audi group, having owned, 1 polo, 2 audi's, 2 Rabbits/Golfs I have had 2 MK5 Golfs with the R32 being my second and latest. This vehicle is great, when you need to get lots in the seats fold down to a surprisingly large cargo carrying area. Yet just 1 or 2 up with the performance this car has, it adjusts to a great sports tourer. My friends are always surprised the first time they get in the vehicle at how quick it is! I've been skiing many times and the all wheel drive has been great - no need for a huge 4x4 - I have 4 people ski's and snowsboards in no dramas! around town the nimbleness is great as is the ability to park! Then when heading out of town the v6 really allows you to cruise with ipod, zune, siruis playing the miles away. Great car, I'd still get this car over the brand new Mk6 Rabbit GTI - reasons: 1. the engine is great 2. styling still looks sharp against the new model 3. residual values are great - just 5000 cars made as an R32 4. more sporty than the GTI and just a little more different from the crowd! Go check one out and see what I mean!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen R32 near Honolulu. See local deals