2008 Volkswagen R32

9.6

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Best Auto Purchase Ever

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"First, I have to admit I am a VW Hatchback fan. I had an '02 GTI. We bought our R32 in September. We absolutely love this car. It has great handling, looks great, and has an interior that rivals the Audi's we've owned. Then there's that sweet exhause growl!!! You are never wanting for power and the DSG is as smooth as silk. We've already taken it for a few long trips. It is a wonderful touring machine. Granted, you have to like hatchbacks to want to spend $35k on this VW, but if you do this car is worth every penny and then some."

4Motion and Launch Control is $$

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"If you have not driven this car, you got to. For the $$$ in its class its a best buy."

Great car

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Great car lots of fun, great in snow and all kinds of weather I feel safe driving this car, very responsive, great handling."

By on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"Honestly this is the best car I have owned. Comfortable, reliable, good styling, and great fun to drive."

Surprisingly adaptable! Fast, comfortable, useful!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"let me start by saying that I am a fan of most products from the VW Audi group, having owned, 1 polo, 2 audi's, 2 Rabbits/Golfs I have had 2 MK5 Golfs with the R32 being my second and latest. This vehicle is great, when you need to get lots in the seats fold down to a surprisingly large cargo carrying area. Yet just 1 or 2 up with the performance this car has, it adjusts to a great sports tourer. My friends are always surprised the first time they get in the vehicle at how quick it is! I've been skiing many times and the all wheel drive has been great - no need for a huge 4x4 - I have 4 people ski's and snowsboards in no dramas! around town the nimbleness is great as is the ability to park! Then when heading out of town the v6 really allows you to cruise with ipod, zune, siruis playing the miles away. Great car, I'd still get this car over the brand new Mk6 Rabbit GTI - reasons: 1. the engine is great 2. styling still looks sharp against the new model 3. residual values are great - just 5000 cars made as an R32 4. more sporty than the GTI and just a little more different from the crowd! Go check one out and see what I mean!"

R32-Last of it's Kind?

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"VW threw everything at this flagship sports car to make it the hottest hatch ever. The only pure european GT hatch you can buy in N.A. More refined than any other car of it's kind. I doubt there will be another V6 hatch. Buy this muscle car while you still can. If you don't believe how good this car is, read what other owners say. Cons? fuel economy (sacrificed in favor of aggressive ratios), navigation, spotty quality dealers. Pros? Refinement, features, specs, Haldex all wheel drive, glorious V6, limited edition."

Fun&Fast

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"I never thought I'd like a "automatic" trans but the DSG in th R32 gives the driver a lot of control. Put it in the sport mode and get on the gas and just goes. It's been a snowy winter and with 4-motion it hasn't been a problem. Can't wait for spring."

Excellence

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"This is far better than a nissan 350z (the car I almost bought instead). I test drove both, and the 350 was faster but no where near the same quality, comfort, or luxury. This car makes you feel like your driving a cool, high performance, high tech, luxury car, because you are! This is a very cool car and very exclusive unlike the 350z. This car gets comments like "cool ride" and "wow, this is nicer than i thought". Plenty of room in the trunk and my 6'3 200lbs dad can fit in the back without sacrificing his legs! I plan on buying the next R32 when it comes out in a few years!"

One Heckua of a Rocket

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I fell in love with this auto the first time I laid eyes on it. The performance aspect is overwhelming the first time you take a drive, and the quality, fit and finish is impeccable and beautiful. I recommend this rocket for the person who loves performance and quality, with a well known manufacturer of fine cars."

Solid, slick and quick. Perfect Tahoe car.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Pulls hard, shifts perfectly and handles great."

Cons: "Tight on bumpy roads, 19 MPG is worth it!"

"The combination of the strong, narrow VR6 motor, magical DSG and solid, stable Haldex AWD means this car pulls hard and sticks like glue the the twisting curves of your neighborhood. VW has really perfected the DSG and the two modes allow a mellow and smooth run up and down through the gears or a ripping flawless climb up the gears in sport mode. I used to love rowing up and down the gears in a manual but these days I have a cuppa coffee and a phone call to make. DSG makes that easy but when you are ready to have that VR6 sing, drop it into sport mode and it just snarls like an F1 racer! It automatically blips the throttle on downshifts and that is music like a Wagner symphony. Mileage is about 19 city but the fun is so worth it. Great comfortable heated seats. Interior is fully upgraded and impressive but the Navigation is a bit dated and runs off a CD. I see an upgrade in my future to an Advent system for about $1600 and that solves the bluetooth, iPod and phone compatibility issues that bring it out of 2008 technology. The car is exclusive and a real performer. Get one used while you can and driving will be a blast! Plus the hatch and seats make it practical. It's a sleeper but the performance guys will know what the .:R32 badge means-Fast, fun and solid ride."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen R32 near Honolulu. See local deals