2008 Volkswagen R32

9.6

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Best Auto Purchase Ever

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"First, I have to admit I am a VW Hatchback fan. I had an '02 GTI. We bought our R32 in September. We absolutely love this car. It has great handling, looks great, and has an interior that rivals the Audi's we've owned. Then there's that sweet exhause growl!!! You are never wanting for power and the DSG is as smooth as silk. We've already taken it for a few long trips. It is a wonderful touring machine. Granted, you have to like hatchbacks to want to spend $35k on this VW, but if you do this car is worth every penny and then some."

By on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"Honestly this is the best car I have owned. Comfortable, reliable, good styling, and great fun to drive."

Surprisingly adaptable! Fast, comfortable, useful!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"let me start by saying that I am a fan of most products from the VW Audi group, having owned, 1 polo, 2 audi's, 2 Rabbits/Golfs I have had 2 MK5 Golfs with the R32 being my second and latest. This vehicle is great, when you need to get lots in the seats fold down to a surprisingly large cargo carrying area. Yet just 1 or 2 up with the performance this car has, it adjusts to a great sports tourer. My friends are always surprised the first time they get in the vehicle at how quick it is! I've been skiing many times and the all wheel drive has been great - no need for a huge 4x4 - I have 4 people ski's and snowsboards in no dramas! around town the nimbleness is great as is the ability to park! Then when heading out of town the v6 really allows you to cruise with ipod, zune, siruis playing the miles away. Great car, I'd still get this car over the brand new Mk6 Rabbit GTI - reasons: 1. the engine is great 2. styling still looks sharp against the new model 3. residual values are great - just 5000 cars made as an R32 4. more sporty than the GTI and just a little more different from the crowd! Go check one out and see what I mean!"

R32-Last of it's Kind?

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"VW threw everything at this flagship sports car to make it the hottest hatch ever. The only pure european GT hatch you can buy in N.A. More refined than any other car of it's kind. I doubt there will be another V6 hatch. Buy this muscle car while you still can. If you don't believe how good this car is, read what other owners say. Cons? fuel economy (sacrificed in favor of aggressive ratios), navigation, spotty quality dealers. Pros? Refinement, features, specs, Haldex all wheel drive, glorious V6, limited edition."

Fun&Fast

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"I never thought I'd like a "automatic" trans but the DSG in th R32 gives the driver a lot of control. Put it in the sport mode and get on the gas and just goes. It's been a snowy winter and with 4-motion it hasn't been a problem. Can't wait for spring."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen R32 near Honolulu. See local deals