2004 Volkswagen R32

9.8

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

Packs a Punch

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Most amazing car I've ever owned. Its not JUST a VW...It is actually an Audi TT with a golf Body. Same 3.2 Engine, Same drivetrain, Same platform. The R32 is truly an all-season runner, Its' AWD system out performed my 4x4 truck in snow. It actually made driving during the winter a pleasure. So much control, pair it with a set of winter tires and it becomes even more responsive and predictable. During warmer months, the power it puts out is mind blowing. For such a small car, its 240hp 3.2L VR6 surges from a dead stop and launches you into the leather racing seats. And the seats are another thing. You dont sit ON them...You sink into them and as soon as you grab onto the thick leather wrapped wheel, you know you're in for a treat. In the year I had it so far, I've had no issues whatsoever. This thing has been solid from the get-go. Only little tiff I have with it is if you live in an area that the roads arent in the "best condition", the 18s with 40 series tires will bounce you a little hard and you will notice a few small rattles and vibrations that seem to come out every now and then. Theres nothing more I enjoy than coming home from work and washing it. Its lines are so smooth, its looks are amazing. The interior quality is fantastic. Stereo may not be the best, but When you fire up this monster, the Volume knob gets turned all the way down. The R32 lets out a rumble like nothing youve ever heard before. With its sophisticated exhaust system, it has a flap (or bypass) that when you hit 45mph at 3200RPM in 3rd gear or higher, the flap opens up to let out a sound that is music to your ears. Pure performance. No rasp. Search on Youtube for video clips to hear for yourself. Its bliss. This car gets an Overall 5 star rating from me. It doesnt feel like your typical "VW". I am more than happy with everything. I wasnt hesitant one bit paying $30,000 for this vehicle and would never regret it. At only 5,000 units available in the Country, You truly own something you dont see everyday."

One of a kind!!

By on Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Best car I have ever owned. The most fun to drive of any car I have ever driven. Best exhaust sound I have ever heard. Must see and drive to appreciate what a fine piece of engineering this auto is. Marvelous."

Best 'All-rounder' Ever

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Nearly 5 yrs., 71K and 17 track day events and still going strong! Amazing car that can do everything well. Only problems encountered were a brake light switch and battery (to be expected). Original US spec suspension was weak and not up to the performance potential (Euro spec much better). With proper maintenance interior and exterior are holding up very well. A well designed and crafted hot-hatch that feels as fun to drive as the day I bought it (not too many cars that you could say that about). Very versatile in the city, acceptable comfort on long trips and a blast to flog on twisty roads."

Stealth hot rod

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I have owned my R for one month and am truly in love with it. This car is perfectly tuned. Low key styling is more refined than huge wings and scoops found on other performance cars. Interior also screams class with all leather seats and aluminum trim. Any option you can think of except power seats, but you aren't gonna let anyone else drive anyway. Lots of torque and horsepower make passing and attaining highway speeds effortless. Handling is extremely good. I have tried to get the tires to break loose without success. All wheel drive rocks. Brakes are astounding. The icing on the cake is the sound of the engine. Deep and muscular in the low end and a roar at the top end. I say buy one if you can find one of the 5000 that made it to the US."

Drives me crazy, ooo, ooo

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"I bought this as my second Volkwagen, and it has far exceeded all my expectations. Not only an eye catcher, it handles like it's on rails and the only thing I have had wrong is a couple of burned out light bulbs. The interior is beautiful, mine is black leather, they really took care in making every aspect driver-friendly. The seats hug like nothing else. I have driven it over 2 years now and every day I drive to school, work, trips, I'm excited to get in my car. I have driven moded Honda's, and the like, but as for a great -fast- drive under 100,000, this is the only car that does the trick for me. Other cars that may be "better" really compromise a lot to try to be. I'm going to drive it till' I die!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen R32 near Honolulu. See local deals