2014 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,762 - $25,789.

10/8.0

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 21 22 23 | Next

First VW purchase. Love it.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "Loaded for the price, great handling"

Cons: "V6 overpriced, no rear camera"

"We looked at other cars, but had our minds set on this one. Very tight, responsive drive. Would have liked more power (got the 2.5L SEL Premium), but it comes loaded with options. Instruments are intuitive and the amount of interior space, without sacrificing trunk room, is amazing."

2012 Passat is a Rattle Box

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Only sedan with diesel engine"

Cons: "Poor quality, fuel sloshing sounds; rattles; drive"

"Yes my car has several rattles from the very first day. Dealer has been able to fix couple but still have couple. The fuel tank is very poorly insulated and you can hear the fuel sloshing around in the tank. I have never heard that in any of the previous six cars I have ever owned. Dealer does not know how to rectify this issue either. This is my first VW and I am telling the way I see it. I saw on other forums that other VW owners are in denial and too proud of their cars to accept lot of issues with VW quality. I would have never bought this car had the media did not give all the great reviews on this car and empty promises of quality. My biggest reason for buying this car was TDI Diesel with 6-speed manual transmission combo impossible to find in another car unless you buy a dodge diesel truck. So unless you are looking for that combo and can live with all the VW short comings and quality problems stay away from these American made VWs. They are no different. Also spending countless hours on VW websites I have come to realize the VW owners will never tell you how much extra they spend on maintenance and they will also be in denial."

Great pep, great mileage, great car!!!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fuel mileage (TDI), handling, looks great!"

Cons: "None."

"Purchased a brand new Passat, TDI, SE w/ sunroof and automatic transmission. Drove this car home from St. Louis to Kansas City at 80 miles per hour and pulled in 39 mpg on a very windy day! Everything has been wonderful with this car, stereo sounds great! Seats are very comfortable and the ROOM I can extend the seat out comfortablly (I'm 6"0) and sit in the back seat with plenty of room to use a laptop! This is a must buy!"

Comfortable, Beautiful, Reliable, and Intuitive

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Comfortable, Reliable, High MPG"

Cons: "Low Horsepower"

"The 2012 Passat TDI SE is a great vehicle to own if one would love a reliable vehicle that is comfortable, beautiful, and gets excellent mileage. The exterior has subtle yet striking lines and the interior is simple yet refined for the price range. The sound system is great and the electronic features are easy to use. There is ample seating and storage room. The high level of torque makes driving fun but the lack of horsepower can get disappointing at higher rpm's if you are used to a high level of performance. Overall this is a great vehicle to own if you would like to travel in style and comfort while getting some of the best fuel mileage available. I usually average 41 mpg per tank and have gotten up to 48 mpg on a trip."

Classy exterior

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Stunning exterior and fun drive"

Cons: "Interior from the early 90's"

"This is our 4th Passat and our 7th VW. The new Passat has a classy and stunning exterior and drives like a real German car(very sturdy on the road and you feel that you have total control). Interior very spacious because the seats are smaller, does not WOW me and there is no AC vents for the back seats. If you like gadgets and technology the new passat went backwards."

Previous | 1 ... 21 22 23 | Next