2014 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,317 - $20,524.

10/8.0

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Good looking, comfortable & reliable

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Handsome car, great price"

Cons: "slight window noise passenger side"

"Only 1 slight issue: in very windy conditions there is some window noise on the front passenger side. Still, best car I ever owned."

it's a great car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "no xenon lights"

"the car is amazing except for the week headlight hade them remained under warranty but they are not xenon lights so they are dim"

great car for the money

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG"

Cons: "Seat foam is vey thin."

"i bought this car as I was needing a more economical vehicle to drive to work. I read all the reviews and was amazed at how great the car was according to the reviews. After driving the car for approx 1 month i was truly amazed as to how great of MPG the car really was getting. I have gotten as good as 50 a few times, but I usually get right around 46 to 48 MPG. I am giving 9 out of 10 due to the seat being very poor quality. they are not very thick when it comes to the amount of foam that is put in. I have to use a 4" pad to sit on in order to drive."

2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Automatic: 7k mile

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cons: "CONS: I wish the computer graphics were a little"

"My search began for a full efficient vehicle back in September of 2013. Although the main requirement was that the new vehicle be fuel efficient, I also needed it to be comfortable and full of modern conveniences, mainly because my daily work commute is 150 miles, round-trip, and if I’m going to spend that much of time in a car, it needs to be a pleasure. --RESEARCH: I researched and test drove many vehicles, including Ford Fusion Hybrid, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, Lexus Hybrids, Honda Hybrids and even some fuel efficient Buicks. I considered that if I was going to get a car that had great gas mileage, then the sticker price had also better make sense. I didn’t want to pay an extra $8k for a car that would save me only $2k in fuel costs. So, it had to make sense base upon sticker price, residual value and fuel economy. The Passat came out ahead because the car was less expensive than the others (even loaded), and had an acceptable high fuel economy. Although, I did have to factor in that it uses Diesel, which is generally about 60cents more per gallon. Nonetheless, after crunching the numbers of sticker price vs. residual value, and adding in all fuel costs, the Passat was the winner. I went with almost every option that the Passat had, including GPS, leather, sunroof, satellite radio, etc. ---TEST DRIVE: When I test drove the Passat for the first time, the tings that caught my attention were the quick and “punchy” drivability and spacious interior and trunk. I had only seriously considered Hybrid cars until this, so I was growing accustomed to the not-so-sporty feel of a hybrid. The Passat turbo diesel felt like a sports car. ---FUEL ECONOMY: I have about 7K miles on my Passat after three months. I track all my fuel ups with an iPhone app, and I watch my mileage closely while traveling. I’ve had 13 fill ups so far, and my average mileage has been right about 40MPG. I travel about 80% on highways, ranging in speeds of stop-n-go-traffic to 81MPH. I sometimes will get much higher MPG, such as the low 50’s, if it’s a nice mild, weather day. So far, I’ve driven the car only in the Winter, so I haven’t seen how it performs in the warm or hot temperatures. I will say that I generally see an MPG of about 36-38MPG for the first 15-20 miles of my trips on the highway, but then I see the numbers rise as the trip gets longer…such as 53MPG. I get better fuel economy when I drive without the cruise, and when I stay below 77MPH. Overall, I think it’s fair to expect 40MPG, overall. ---DIESEL: I had no idea what a pain in the back end that it was to get Diesel for a car. Most gas stations do not carry it. It seems to be at about 30-40% of the stations. I have finally made myself a mental list of all the places in my area that carry it, so I know where to go. But, be warned, for some unknown reason, the fuel pump handles always seem to be much dirtier than the regular has handles. Therefore, I have began keeping a towel in may car truck that I use for handling the gas handle. It keeps me from smelling like Diesel all day. But, it’s all worth it to have the PUNCH that diesel provides. ---BEHIND THE WHEEL: I love the drive of the TDI Passat. In fact, I find myself anxious to drive it to work. It’s much sportier than anything I’ve ever owned. I easily accelerate past anyone on the highway or at a traffic light, without even trying. In fact, when I first began driving the car, I had somewhat teach myself some restraint, because it was just to easy to exert the power. This is NOT a sports car, however. It does extremely well in straight lines, but doesn’t handle sharp corners/turns with grace. ---SPACE: This car has more space than anyone could want. It’s surely the roomiest car that I’ve owned. The backseat is the size of many New York apartments (kidding…a bit). The truck is amazingly huge. There’s even a handy storage compartment to the left of the driver, which is great for holding my keys, wallet, etc. Not to mention a center consoler storage bin, a front console storage bin and a glove box. Oh, and the map/trash bins on the side of the doors, which also double as #3 and #4 front seat cup holders. The backseat has storage in the center pull down armrest, as well as two cup holders, and pockets on the back of the seats. ---GPS: The GPS was also a fairly important part of picking a car to me. However, I didn’t truly appreciate this cars GPS until using it for a while. The GPS is very user-friendly and quick. I was disappointed to see that it didn’t have voice recognition input, but once I began using the input screens, I realized that inputting was much faster on the Passat, than speaking on the others. I very much like the ability to input the name of a business that I’m searching for, and it gives me several options to choose from. Then, with a push a button, I can set the destination to this business, or I can even place a call to them…perhaps to reserve a table, or to check their hours of operations. Very handy! The screen is also a touch screen, so you can move around the map if you want. You can even press the rocket button, and zoom out to see birds-eye view of your entire route. Oh, and if you get stuck in a traffic jam, there’s a button to press to suggest a quick route out of the jam, and onto nearby routes. Really the best GPS that I’ve used. ---STEREO: Well, let me tell you, the Fender system rocks the house. Hands down the best audio system that I’ve heard in a car. The sound is clean, crisp and truly envelopes the listener. When I first hear music over the system, I thought a few times that was hearing a new mix of an old, familiar song, but it wasn’t. Instead, the system just makes the music sound better, and you hear more notes. I generally listen to Sirius XM (you can program 24 pre-sets on the Passat...Wow). But, it also has a hard drive, CD player, Bluetooth and SD Card reader. I can set tags/alerts on Sirius to let me know when any of my favorite songs are about to be played. Super nice. CONS: I wish the computer graphics were a little more updated and crisp, especially for the instrument cluster. Honestly, I like the body style of the CC better than the Passat. If they made a TDI CC, then I might just switch. I feel that the leather appointments are fairly scarce, and the plastic seems a little cheap. I wish they would equip these cars with a full size tire in the trunk instead of the donut. There is too long of a delay between starting the car and the rearview camera coming on. I wish the car had backup sensors. ---BOTTOM LINE: If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy the Passat without hesitation. The fuel economy is great, the drive is awesome, the entertainment is superior, the GPS is the best and it’s very, very spacious. I just hope the next generation has a more modern, sexy look."

One of the best new vehicle experiences ever

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Value, features, Fuel economy, cost of ownership"

Cons: "Voice activated Navigation would be nice"

"I recent changed jobs and had to quickly aquire a car. since I would be losing my company supplied vehicle. I wanted a comfortable car that would get good fuel mileage. I was still afraid of the technology and potential cost associated with the potentia maintence of the various hybrid being offered. Battery replacement costs really scares me I have had previous experiece with Diesel powered engines in a Ford truck, (btw I would not reccomend a Ford 2004 f-350 but that is a seperate story) so I decided to investigate diesel power vehicles. Well there were not a lot of diesle powered options in the USA. So I focussed on VW. Well I am so glad I did!! I ended up purchasing the new 2012 VW Passat TDI which by the way is now made in USA. This car has been flawless since I received it in April. Quality and fit is excpetional, features, and options are more than reuired and operate perfectly. Mileage has been better than expected. After 3 month I now have 9200 Miles on this vehicle and I am averaging 30 miles per gallon in basic travel and close to 50 MPG when on road trips that consist mostly of highway driving. The car has plenty of perfomance and the TDI engine has great performance. No this car will not win any races but there is more than enough power to get around town and merge on a freeway. Check this care out it is awesome."

Dont overlook the VW Passat TDI

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Great price; good design; comfortable ride; TDI"

Cons: "Rear view mirrors should be more squared"

"Liked the rather simple but refined styling of the 2012 Passat, so I walked out of the dealer with one. I never thought I would choose the TDI (Clean diesel) but on the test drive I liked its spunk and quiet ride...Very roomy interior, back seat/leg room near cavernous. Interior is simple, "clean", and intuitive. Car handles very well, comfortable ride. Seats are very comfortable and supportive as well. You can get German engineering and simplicity of design in a value priced, now AMERICAN BUILT mid size sedan...with a clean diesel as well. Not much more one could ask for in a practical, well designed, well built and nicely priced sedan....The Passat TDI should be high on your list, especially if you don't really want to portray a big ego about the ride you drive."

Nice Car

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Regular fuel, Made in the USA, Rear leg room, Priced right!"

"Just bought my 3rd Passat in a row. Nice clean lines, drives really smoothly, great value, and built in the USA! Love that I don't need Premium fuel any longer. Miss some of the standard luxury options in my old 2009 Passat (I purchased the S with Appearance due to price), but overall, I do not miss them. The 2012 is fun to drive and lots of leg room in the rear for your passengers. The new body style does take some getting used to, but the more I look at it and drive it, the more I like this car."

Arguably the best sedan I've driven

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Economy, comfort and confidence in ownership"

Cons: "Later models introduced a few more gadgets"

"I have never been more comfortable with recommending a car to friends and family than with the VW Passat TDI. Granted that VW is not going to win any awards for the exterior styling, it is a style that is not likely to be dated soon. The interior of the car is exceedingly comfortable and room. Back seat passengers have ample head and leg room (and I'm somewhat tall and have the drivers seat all the way back). The stereo sounds very good for factory, connects and streams from your phone, has SD card slot for MP3s, and navigating through the menus is intuitive. Storage of luggage is no issue with the cavernous amount of trunk space provided. The TDI may seem anemic when looking at BHP ratings, however the copious amount of torque mated with the DSG transmission keeps the vehicle peppy. I have had no issues with a lack of acceleration. The handling and comfort of the suspension are identical to the Audi A4 when driving one right after the other. Shifts with this transmission are unnoticeable in comfort/drive and sharp and crisp in sport mode. The fuel economy ratings provided by the EPA are way low compared to what I generally get. On my urban and suburban area drive to work I average 45MPG and on the highway or rural areas I see an average of 50MPG. I have seen mileage as high as 56.2MPG on a trip averaging 60mph. The care free maintenance for the first 3 years seriously reduces the cost of ownership, providing free routine service and oil changes (which the car does a good job of reminding you of) for the first 3 years of ownership. I have had no mechanical, electrical or any other issues with this vehicle and feel very confident recommending this vehicle to anyone."

Comfortable, Beautiful, Reliable, and Intuitive

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Comfortable, Reliable, High MPG"

Cons: "Low Horsepower"

"The 2012 Passat TDI SE is a great vehicle to own if one would love a reliable vehicle that is comfortable, beautiful, and gets excellent mileage. The exterior has subtle yet striking lines and the interior is simple yet refined for the price range. The sound system is great and the electronic features are easy to use. There is ample seating and storage room. The high level of torque makes driving fun but the lack of horsepower can get disappointing at higher rpm's if you are used to a high level of performance. Overall this is a great vehicle to own if you would like to travel in style and comfort while getting some of the best fuel mileage available. I usually average 41 mpg per tank and have gotten up to 48 mpg on a trip."

2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Value, fun to drive, fuel economy, reliable"

"Best car I ever owned. I've read all the negative comments on this and other sites. I have not experienced ANY of these negatives. I regulary get better than advertised MPG, 47 HWY, 36 City, 41 combined all without using an annoying CV transmission. This car is simply unparalleled in the midsize, mid-price sedan market."

WOW, the new all American Passat TDI is incredible

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, interior size, comfort,"

"Great car with lots of space. Rear seats are limo like...lots of room. DSG transmission is excellent choice for the TDI engine. Shifting is so smooth and electronic steering provides great feedback. Fuel millage is incredible better than most hybrid vehicles. You need to know that Passat is no Lexus or Mercedes, so if you are looking for that level of finish quality or performance you need to look somewhere else. The size of Passat and fuel economy combined are simply unbeatable. Some people complain about maintenance cost, keep in mind recommended oil changes are every 10,000 miles on Passat TDI. For the people that need rear camera, order one online for $200 from Bold Sport, spend couple hours installing it and be happy!"

Good looking vehicle with great MPG - TDI

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, Design, MPG, comfort, handling"

Cons: "may have electronic issues... :/"

"switched from a Camry Hybrid to the 2012 Passat TDI. The Passat has all the bells and whistles as compared to the Camry Hybrid basically at a comperable price. Camry had no leather or navigation. The Passat has it all and i bought it because it is a great value. Car drives great, handles awesome, fuel consumption seems to be great as well (too soon to rate at only 800 miles so far). I am a bit dissapointed as my car seems to have a electronic problem. There are times where i get in the vehicle and a warning indicator says "key not detected", when the key is in my pocket and should work. Can't start the car as it is a push start and does not have a traditional ignition to put a key in. The car is also equipped with a remote starter. Unfortunately that seems to only work when it wants to... just like with the key. I will be going back to the dealership so that hopefully they can fix this annoying problem."

TDI SE 6 speed manual is the best one

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, quiete and tourquey little diesel."

Cons: "Need to learn to drive manaul ecconomically."

"I typically get 47MPG combined hwy /city. Diesel is 10% above unleaded around Colorado. Recently drove to California and averaged 51.1MPG, first leg was 687 miles on 3/4 of a tank. Why go hybrid or electric? Simple diesel lowers driving cost so low it is no longer the expensive part to driving. No service problems in 45K miles. My 30K service was only $400 with service before that paid by VW."

Awesome!!!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "I look forward to driving it. This is unusual 4 me"

Cons: "Upgrade the audio if standard."

"Car is not peppy, forces you to drive the way we should be driving. Value is great vs. hybrid alternative. Drives like a BMW, gas like a corolla, refined like an Audi."

All about personal tastes.

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "You have to drive a Passat TDI to understand."

Cons: "You either love or hate a diesel."

"We own three 2013 Passats. Two SE with manual transmissions and one SEL Premium with the DSG. All diesels. Build quality on all is well above the norm. Styling is a sort of Teutonic understated elegance differing considerably from the competition. Some like it and others don't. Totally subjective. The TDI? While diesel fuel costs more per gallon, the per mile cost is still less than the gasoline editions. Further, the diesel's forte is the open road. No annoying downshifts and range beyond belief. Comfort levels being very good on either the SE or SEL. Just more toys on the SEL. I almost forgot upfront costs... There's a considerable premium exacted for the TDI. Quite often we overlook the fact that a good portion of this cost will be returned when the car is sold or traded. The TDI makes a huge difference in value between it and its non-TDI siblings."

2013 TDI SEL, great car

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "ride, mpgs, kessey, seating, trunk space"

Cons: "not able to disable stability control"

"I've had the 2013 TDI SEL for 3 months and 3000 miles. The only real negatives I can find fault with at the price point of $33k is the inability to turn off the various stability control nannies and that chains are not recommended due to clearance issues between the strut assembly and the inside of the wheel. The engine has tons of torque from 1200 t0 2800 rpms. This is extrememly useable torque that provides snappy acceleration in the speed bands that are most usually driven. The keyless Kessy system is a joy. The ride quality is exceptional, and interior noise is extremely low, especially at crusing speeds. Seating is very supportive and comfortable. The Fender stereo is better than average, but certainly no Wow factor with it. The radio navigation system takes a bit of getting used to, but I find I can live with it without getting too annoyed. Ride quality on America's decaying road system was a main consideration when purchasing the car, and even though I don't put many miles on the car per year, one thing for sure and certain is fuel costs are not going to go down, and if I keep this car for the decade or so I usually keep a car, I can only shudder at what the price of fuel will be in 10 years. I'm getting mid 30s around small town driving on secondary roads and in the low 40s during freeway driving. Headlights on high were exactly perfect for me, as I really dislike HID projection beams with their driving in a pipe style light cutoffs. The low beams were not adequate for secondary road driving and I replaced them with higher wattage bulbs which solved the problem. At the price point of the top end of the Passat line, one is looking at the low end of the Mercedes and BMWs, and other than prestige of name, the Passat is a hands down better value, and even according to Automobile magazine, the ride on the Passat is of higher quality than the BMW 3 series diesel. Full sized spare tire and fold down back seats are major pluses too. Dashboard is nicely laid out without too much clutter and good visibility of the instrument cluster. Bluetooth phone interface is very good. The regen system for self cleaning of diesel soot is something that VW should have a dashboard monitoring of, but I guess they are worried it will confuse drivers. I really could not be much happier with the Passat. Sure cars that cost 50% more have nicer interiors, but none of them get better MPGs on the Freeway. Lastly, if you are looking for a car for urban driving and rare trips to the countryside or freeway, the Passat TDI is not your best choice, probably a Toyota Hybrid would be better due to the regeneration braking systems,and the fact that the Passat TDI would rarely achive obtimum engine/driving temperature, which is very important for diesels."

Awesome car! Get one you won't be disappointed

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "Price, great ride, fuel economy, comfort, style"

Cons: "tire road noise, not cars fault"

"After renting one on vacation I was hooked! Purchased pre-owned 2012 Passat SE 2.5L from Carmax 4800 miles on the clock. I have to say very impressive mileage based on my normal speed limit driving. I average 29-32 mpg combined with ac running and four people which adds weight. This car is so nicely appointed with standard amenities found on more expensive vehicles and comfortable on long trips it's just amazing. It is a lot of car for the money, there is nothing left for me to desire on it. The room is unbelievable and the seats are so comfortable. There is tons of storage locations, and overall sporty luxury. Fit and finish that rivals really high end cars. Maintenance included 3/36 can't be beat. Best of all German engineering and built in America. Great Job!"

Excellent Value, Excellent Fuel Economy, Sporty

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Reason: Wife wanted something bigger

Pros: "Handling, Value, MPG, Radio, Roomy back+trunk"

Cons: "Stiff front seats, Low prestige"

bye bye

"I bought the 2.5 Gas SE with Sunroof. List was $26+K, I paid just over $23K and got 1.9% for 66 mos. so the car was an excellent value. I put 21,000 miles on it and sold it for $17K, not too bad for owning it 1.5 years. I never had any issues and the dealer took care of all the maint for free. The car was plenty large enough for 4, and was pleasant to drive. Averaged 28.5 MPG overall with very little highway driving. Mileage actually improved as the car broke in. The car is a blast to drive on backroads but the seats are a little stiff for long hauls. The A/C and Radio are top notch as are the heated seats and sunroof. Really a great value over Accord or Camry if saving money is important to you. I ended up trading it for a Buick Lacrosse CXL only because my wife and I wanted something large and plush for long rides to Disney, ect. I'm sure the VW would be cheaper to own and run but we just missed the luxury and are willing to fork over another $100 a month to have it"

bye bye

The best vehicle I have ever owned (TDI-DSG)

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, competent, very economical, fun to drive."

Cons: "No station wagon or 4 wheel drive."

"The TDI version of this car is amazing! It accedes the EPA ratings for mileage without even trying. It is extremely quiet and has a very supple ride. The interior room is in a class by itself. I have had zero problems with the car and the dealer is one of the best I have encountered. Try it, you'll really like it!"

Extremely comfortable

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "comfortable - great milage"

Cons: "a few issues have had me at the dealer too often"

"I have just completed 14000 miles of winter driving in MI, WI and MN in a 2015 TDI SEL Passat. Best winter car I have ever driven and I have had AWD's before. Sure footed, very functional traction control and a very solid ride. Great Mileage at approx. 46 mpg highway and city combined (mostly highway miles). A few annoying glitches to begin with. The only complaint is the entertainment center/radio ridiculously slow and does not work at all in really cold temps. But on the other hand never had a problem starting in temps down to -30. I'd buy another one. Very helpful service department."

Amazing fuel economy, great handling, superb seats

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, fuel economy, handling, interior, stereo"

Cons: "some grainy plastic, styling not agressive enough"

"Ill start first by saying don't listen to the EPA fuel economy ratings, they are hard on diesels. While it is rated for "only" 40 mpg hwy, I exceed that by a large margin. Even with a lead foot, I still get 32-33 mpg city. With the cruise set at 75, I was averaging 46.2 mpg for my trip to Nachitoches. On a recent trip to New Orleans (355 miles from me) I had the family and luggage loaded up and the cruise set at 79 (speed limit is 75) and still averaged 42 mpg on the way down there. On the way back I kept it at 75, and got almost 47 mpg. I went 742 miles on one tank without refueling! Thats right, drove from Shreveport to New Orleans (Marerro), then to our hotel downtown, then back to Shreveport without stopping for fuel. The seats are extremely comfortable on long trips, and my back, for the first time, wasn't stiff after an 8hr drive to West Tx. Acceleration in town is excellent thanks to 236lb/ft of torque, which is what a good size V6 makes. It is quite peppy, especially if you want to zip into traffic. No waiting for the RPM's to go up like a conventional gasoline 4 cylinder. Power comes on strong at just 1,400 RPM. Highway passing power isn't phenomenal, but it is adequate, and considering the fuel economy is great. No gasoline powered car ion America comes close to the fuel economy. Not even the tiny Smart car, Chevy Spark and Toyota IQ do not match this cars fuel economy, and this car is not only much larger, but quite a bit faster as well. Faster, roomier, and better on fuel than many hybrids as well without all of that complexity, and it drives like a real car? Yes you can have your cake and eat it. This car actually has more backseat room than a Toyota Avalon, which is a full size car. The Fender Audio system is great. You can tell VW did add some cost cutting into some of the interior, but they were tactful, by keeping all of the surfaces you come in contact with regularly made of nice soft touch materials, while others that you don't normally touch are coarser and grainier plastics. The interior is by no means cheap, in fact, it was quite elegant and classy and better made than any of the Domestics we looked at. Controls were much more simple and user friendly than both the Japanese and Domestics. Driving dynamics are by far better than anything in its class. Handling is first rate, and ride is very smooth, although the factory tires can be noisy on coarse roads. Couldn't imagine how anyone could buy anything else after driving this. 3 years of free scheduled maintenance is nice too, and is something the competition does not offer. Overall I give this car a 10. This is my first VW, and I don't think it will be my last. Now if only they had a Diesel SUV with a third row. Until then, the Mercedes R class diesel, GL diesel, or an Audi Q7 TDI diesel will be on the shopping list. If you are looking for a family sedan that with the potential go 800+ miles on a tank on the highway, and is much more fun than the rest, this is the one."

Great highway mileage

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Highway Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seat, HMI, no head room"

"I own the 2014, and I cannot wait to get rid of it. YES, THE HIGHWAY FUEL MILEAGE IS AMAZING. Try driving any competitor midsize sedan at 78 mph and be lucky to top 28 mpg (I get 43 mpg), and that's if you're in a 4-cylinder and not getting ran off the road by a semi while pulling out on the interstate. I will give the TDI credit there, while the 0-60 is not so great- the 60-80 (which is what matters here)is decent enough (better than a 4 cylinder or hybrid that engages the gasoline engine at this point. The highway MPG basically boils down to how close to 1900-2000 RPM you can get while in 6th gear, the closer the better. The trunk is like a cave. You can go spelunking in there. Oh and legroom, but we will get to that. NOW FOR THE CONS: Do not let the commercial with the guy doing donuts in a Passat or the "turbo" fool you, this is not by any means a fast car. From the gearing to the single turbo, it was made for one thing and that is fuel economy. But like I said, it still fares better on the interstate than most hybrids. The front seats, no planar tilt. Seat adjusts up and forward or down and back. YOU WILL NOT FIND A COMFORTABLE SPOT. Go ahead, drive it for 1 hour back and forth to work and tell me how your back feels. And I have the best seats they offer. Not to mention you can feel the seat heaters. I am 6' 190 lbs and I cannot get comfortable. No head room.Plenty of legroom, but no headroom- which makes for an odd combination (gives almost a feeling of vertigo). THE HUMAN MACHINE INTERFACE FOR THE NAVIGATION AND RADIO IS POORLY ENGINEERED. Ever draw anything on MS Paint? That is literally how easy it is to configure a layout on a touchscreen. The buttons are touchy, yet there impact locations are hard to find, so you will swipe at it and press the wrong thing 9/10. IT IS HORRIBLY SLOW. The back-up camera, the push buttons, the screen changes. All of it. Slow. This tells me that the RAM is near full with the new updates for 2014, and instead of compensating, they just pushed forward with the absolute worst in the midsize market. Where are the LED headlights? Not even an option. I understand the urea. I get emissions. But why is the filler cap in the trunk? Do you know what happens if you ever spill it? It crystallizes and instantly bonds to whatever it comes in contact with. Oh and it will leave you stranded when you run out, as in the car will not start. Keep it filled yeah, but that is just one more thing you have to stress about besides not putting bad diesel in it. The Fender sound system is alright, but once you couple it with the horrible interface and the "why in the cosmos did they make that silly plug for the iPod thing" they have, expectations fall short. The remote start? Shuts off as soon as you open the door. No, you cannot change it. Oh, and hopefully they remove the shipping spacers in the coils. If you drive over a bump and hear a loud thud (and you didn't run over a turtle), they are still there."

Too much fun!!!

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Well thought out features, big trunk, great value!"

Cons: "None. Wish I could spend more time driving!"

"Can't believe how well laid out this car is. Everything is exactly within reach and easy to operate. Love the Bluetooth so I can stream my music while I drive and I can control the radio and answer the phone with controls mounted on the steering wheel. The trunk is so big that I don't have to use the seats and floor inside the car like I used to with my old car when I bought groceries. This baby can hold a lot of stuff! The seats and interior are so comfortable it feels like they belong in a more expensive luxury car. I can't believe how luxurious this car is for such a great price. Definitely a great value for the price. The engine provides more than enough power and doesn't feel like it's just 2.5 liters. It's not sluggish like other cars I've drove in the past with small engines. The exterior is also very well designed and attractive for a midsize family sedan. Who says you can't be sporty when you have four doors? I love, love, love everything about this car! I just wish I had discovered VW a long time ago!"

MPG much higher than advertised

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and fuel economy"

"I've owned this car for only 5 weeks so this review is based on satisfaction of a new car. My car has 1,000 miles of local driving and is consistently showing 38.9 MPG with the TDI. A couple of friends with Jetta's said I will easily get 48 MPG on the highway. Went with the SEL, navigation, Fender radio/speakers and, so far, the handling is extremely good. I researched the TDI Passat for several months before the purchase and I am pleased with my decision."

Great Car (TDI)

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability"

Cons: "touch screen, rear visibility"

"this car is driven mainly city and maby 1-2 long trips, and we love the torque this car has. the only complaint is there is some lag time on the touch screen... but that is common with touch screens in cars."