2014 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,423 - $19,396.

10/8.0

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Value, fun to drive, fuel economy, reliable"

"Best car I ever owned. I've read all the negative comments on this and other sites. I have not experienced ANY of these negatives. I regulary get better than advertised MPG, 47 HWY, 36 City, 41 combined all without using an annoying CV transmission. This car is simply unparalleled in the midsize, mid-price sedan market."

GREAT EXPECTATIONS; DISAPPOINTING RESULTS!

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Smart design; best MPG, sporty, fun, great price"

Cons: "The most unreliable car(s) EVER!"

"To be clear, I am reviewing my current 2013, Passat TDI SEL, which I obtained from VW in June 2012 as a replacement vehicle (via Lemon Law); for my 2012 Passat TDI SEL LEMON, which VW replaced due to multiple mechanical and electrical problems resulting in over a half dozen trips to the mechanic (totaling over 45 days in the shop). While I still love what this car COULD be, I must warn against buying this car, unless you are willing to risk weekly trips to the mechanic; constant electronic malfunctions. I have owned 7 VWs prior to this Passat (loved my 2002 Passat) and I honestly feel the design, finishing, power, fuel economy and cost of this car would be untouchable; IF, (and this is a HUGE IF) the car was reliable. This second Passat, which has now been in the shop for the past 3 weeks (total of over 30 days in the past 6 months) serves to validate the fact that the 2012-2013 Passat made in Tenn. are more unreliable than any automobile I have encountered. I strongly caution anyone considering this vehicle; while this vehicle has wonderful attributes (I admit I still LOVE the IDEA of this car) and there is a chance you may be more "lucky" than I was, I must warn of the high risk you will be taking with this vehicle (I have had 2 consecutive, well-documented Lemons), as well as the extreme difficulty you may have to endure in dealing with VW. Like most dealers regarding the Lemon Law, VW may be willing to replace your car, but I have spent 2 years (and countless hours) unsuccessfully requesting a refund from VW, nor have they agreed to my respectful request to exchange my Passat for a German-made Passat/other TDI model). If you decide to roll the dice with this car, I wish you luck, cause you certainly will need it!"

Own passat sel tdi for two months. Best car I ever

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mpgs"

Cons: "Headlights could be improved"

"Owned passat sel tdi 2013 for two months. Best car I have ever owned. Car drives good, I do not want to get out of it. Fuel mileage is great. 40 plus mpgs with combined driving. I recommend this vehicle. Had driven all makes and models. Had not purchased a vehicle in ten plus years. Buy a passat tdi and enjoy."

No other car gets even close to VW Passat V6

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "interior, audio system, size of the car"

"Awesome car with awesome power and pretty good gas mileage. The car ride is quiet and very comfortable, audio system is great, interior quality is exceptional for the price. Materials used are way nicer and better quality than in any other vehicle within the same price range. Looking for a great car, but don't want to spend over $45k on Lexus or BMW, get VW!"

Awesome!!!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "I look forward to driving it. This is unusual 4 me"

Cons: "Upgrade the audio if standard."

"Car is not peppy, forces you to drive the way we should be driving. Value is great vs. hybrid alternative. Drives like a BMW, gas like a corolla, refined like an Audi."