2014 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,386 - $19,531.

10/8.0

Based on 159 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Arguably the best sedan I've driven

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Economy, comfort and confidence in ownership"

Cons: "Later models introduced a few more gadgets"

"I have never been more comfortable with recommending a car to friends and family than with the VW Passat TDI. Granted that VW is not going to win any awards for the exterior styling, it is a style that is not likely to be dated soon. The interior of the car is exceedingly comfortable and room. Back seat passengers have ample head and leg room (and I'm somewhat tall and have the drivers seat all the way back). The stereo sounds very good for factory, connects and streams from your phone, has SD card slot for MP3s, and navigating through the menus is intuitive. Storage of luggage is no issue with the cavernous amount of trunk space provided. The TDI may seem anemic when looking at BHP ratings, however the copious amount of torque mated with the DSG transmission keeps the vehicle peppy. I have had no issues with a lack of acceleration. The handling and comfort of the suspension are identical to the Audi A4 when driving one right after the other. Shifts with this transmission are unnoticeable in comfort/drive and sharp and crisp in sport mode. The fuel economy ratings provided by the EPA are way low compared to what I generally get. On my urban and suburban area drive to work I average 45MPG and on the highway or rural areas I see an average of 50MPG. I have seen mileage as high as 56.2MPG on a trip averaging 60mph. The care free maintenance for the first 3 years seriously reduces the cost of ownership, providing free routine service and oil changes (which the car does a good job of reminding you of) for the first 3 years of ownership. I have had no mechanical, electrical or any other issues with this vehicle and feel very confident recommending this vehicle to anyone."

TDI SE 6 speed manual is the best one

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, quiete and tourquey little diesel."

Cons: "Need to learn to drive manaul ecconomically."

"I typically get 47MPG combined hwy /city. Diesel is 10% above unleaded around Colorado. Recently drove to California and averaged 51.1MPG, first leg was 687 miles on 3/4 of a tank. Why go hybrid or electric? Simple diesel lowers driving cost so low it is no longer the expensive part to driving. No service problems in 45K miles. My 30K service was only $400 with service before that paid by VW."

2013 V6 SEL Premium

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfort and room"

Cons: "Premium gas"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. It has exceptional comfort. Two weeks after I purchased the car I took a 3600 mile trip. There have been no problems at all. When we tested the car we also tested a TDI SEl Premium version. We chose the V6 because it is so smooth and powerful. I do wish the German manufactures would get away from engines that require premium gas. both American and Japanese manufactures make engines of the same size or smaller that produce as much power on regular gas. A good example is GM's 3.6 V6."

nice, nice, car

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Looks great in blue. and no worries, mpg is great."

Cons: "maybe reliability. don't know yet"

"I love this car. I've owned honda accords, 4 or 5 different models. This car is very nice. I love it. I hope the reliability is as good, everything else is. I accept the 2.5 as is. It's actually gotten a bit quicker. The mileage from Tampa to Memphis was amazing at 36.5 mpg. People notice this car."

the car does everything great!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "price for features, fun torque, mileage."

Cons: "only 2 12v power ports & 1 ipad port."

"the car drives great, leg room, head room, performance, mileage, comfort, quiet, features, radio/sound system, just everything. ps. i do not sell cars, and did own 2013 chevy impala, test drove 2014 impala, toyota, honda. i more i drive it the more i like it!"