2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,005 - $19,214.

10/8.1

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great Car (TDI)

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability"

Cons: "touch screen, rear visibility"

"this car is driven mainly city and maby 1-2 long trips, and we love the torque this car has. the only complaint is there is some lag time on the touch screen... but that is common with touch screens in cars."

Excellent Car

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "Excellent build quality, comfortable seats"

"Traded my 2009 VW Jetta (2.5 gas - automatic transmission) on a 2012 Passat (2.5 gas with manual 5 speed transmission). My kids wanted to learn to drive a manual, and I am more than pleased with the smooth 5 speed and the "hill hold" feature of this manual, which holds the brake for 3-4 seconds when you take your foot off the brake to get the car into gear. No more rolling backward on a hill! One thing interesting is that with the gas engine and manual transmission, VW did not offer the sunroof as an option. Don't know why, as I wanted a sunroof. Went to a local body/interior shop and they installed an excellent sunroof. Can't tell it is not original, as the shop put in an entirely new headliner in the car. Now I am happy. Car has excellent handling, but only gave it a 9 as it is somewhat less crisp than my previous Jetta. Just took it on an 8 hour trip and the seats were extremely comfortable with no backache or leg cramps at all. The tires do seem to generate some noise (noted in other reviews also), and this seems to vary depending on the road surface. Seems as if concrete highways are noisier than blacktop. I don't recall this with my Jetta (Michelins). This car came equipped with Hankook Optimo tires, which is a first for me. Car interior is excellent with lots of room, storage space, huge backseat, comfortable seats, and easy to use controls. Visibility is excellent all around. Overall could not be happier. Mileage runs about 26-27 in mixed driving, and my recent trip which was 100% highway got about 33."

Awesome car! Get one you won't be disappointed

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "Price, great ride, fuel economy, comfort, style"

Cons: "tire road noise, not cars fault"

"After renting one on vacation I was hooked! Purchased pre-owned 2012 Passat SE 2.5L from Carmax 4800 miles on the clock. I have to say very impressive mileage based on my normal speed limit driving. I average 29-32 mpg combined with ac running and four people which adds weight. This car is so nicely appointed with standard amenities found on more expensive vehicles and comfortable on long trips it's just amazing. It is a lot of car for the money, there is nothing left for me to desire on it. The room is unbelievable and the seats are so comfortable. There is tons of storage locations, and overall sporty luxury. Fit and finish that rivals really high end cars. Maintenance included 3/36 can't be beat. Best of all German engineering and built in America. Great Job!"

One of the best new vehicle experiences ever

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Value, features, Fuel economy, cost of ownership"

Cons: "Voice activated Navigation would be nice"

"I recent changed jobs and had to quickly aquire a car. since I would be losing my company supplied vehicle. I wanted a comfortable car that would get good fuel mileage. I was still afraid of the technology and potential cost associated with the potentia maintence of the various hybrid being offered. Battery replacement costs really scares me I have had previous experiece with Diesel powered engines in a Ford truck, (btw I would not reccomend a Ford 2004 f-350 but that is a seperate story) so I decided to investigate diesel power vehicles. Well there were not a lot of diesle powered options in the USA. So I focussed on VW. Well I am so glad I did!! I ended up purchasing the new 2012 VW Passat TDI which by the way is now made in USA. This car has been flawless since I received it in April. Quality and fit is excpetional, features, and options are more than reuired and operate perfectly. Mileage has been better than expected. After 3 month I now have 9200 Miles on this vehicle and I am averaging 30 miles per gallon in basic travel and close to 50 MPG when on road trips that consist mostly of highway driving. The car has plenty of perfomance and the TDI engine has great performance. No this car will not win any races but there is more than enough power to get around town and merge on a freeway. Check this care out it is awesome."

nice, nice, car

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Looks great in blue. and no worries, mpg is great."

Cons: "maybe reliability. don't know yet"

"I love this car. I've owned honda accords, 4 or 5 different models. This car is very nice. I love it. I hope the reliability is as good, everything else is. I accept the 2.5 as is. It's actually gotten a bit quicker. The mileage from Tampa to Memphis was amazing at 36.5 mpg. People notice this car."