2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,021 - $19,198.

Invoice N/A

10/8.1

Based on 96 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

this car has the case of the hiccups

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "elegant, sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "hiccups at stops"

"The car is comfortable and roomy. It drives well but when you brake get ready for the "hiccups". I am very dissapointed with my new 2012 VW Passat. All the reviews say its a great car but I've had it less than 2 months and it's been in the shop 3 times and this last time for 2 weeks. It's going back tomorrow for the 4th time. I would never have expected this from VW. I guess I got the car made at the end of the day on Friday afternoon."

2012 Car of the Fear

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reason: Horrible Car/Manufacture

"Major Issues: 4500 Miles (Transmission Replaced by VW), miles later (Transmission Repaired by VW) As an automotive broker and enthusiast, I was hopeful in my purchase of the first “American” VW since 1988. Since, I’ve accumulated 5000 miles. Here is my long term review. Comfort: I’m 6’0”, 200 lbs. The interior utilizes class leading materials but, there are some long term complaints. Front seating is narrow and knocks/rocks. The center console protrudes into the driver’s acceleration leg, not uncommon for a euro. The doors ledges are quite angled. As a result, for those who rest our elbows while driving, it is very uncomfortable. Wind noise aggravates. Performance: Mileage: 21/32 mpg * Acceleration: 0-60 8.7 sec * Handling: Great for Mid-Price/Size Sedan * Odd Note: Engine Holds/Keeps RPM High Exterior: Materials and seals problems. Exterior panels feel and look cheap (wavy). The roof antenna allows intrusive wind noise into the cabin. The roof vibrates. Interior: Squeaks and rattles are plentiful, and began early in ownership. My 93 Honda Civic has less. The roof antenna allows intrusive wind noise into the cabin. The roof vibrates. Bluetooth connectivity, with iPhone, is not reliable. Speakers blew, not from being overloaded/loud. See “Comfort” for further complaints. Value: Seemed to be a good value then… 100 miles (Driver Seat Knocking/Rocking), 150 miles (Interior Squeaks/Rattles), 4500 miles (Transmission Replaced), 4750 miles (Transmission Repaired). Advised VW the transmission is still impaired. VW service advised they could “not duplicate” the issue. The same noise requiring the transmission to be replaced at 4500 miles, VW claims to no longer hear. Reliability: Not reliable. See “Value”. I’ve prevented over 20 acquaintances from making the mistake of purchasing. Not necessarily the purchase of a Passat, but from VW in general."

I've Ordered The SEL Premium 6 Cylinder

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Fun To Drive, Simple styling, Looks Like An Audi"

Cons: "No Backup Camera (will try to retrofit one)"

"Test drove several in its class. Camry, Accord, Legacy, Fusion and Sonata among others. What sold me on the Passat was the tight handling , control on the road and large back seat. In fact no car I tested had anything close to the trunk space and back seat. On the open road the car gave me confidence with its power, which I found to be more then adequate. The mileage difference between the 5 cylinder and 6 is small, so get the 6, worth the price over time and for resale. The simple styling and easy controls are a plus for me. I'm thinking Asian car styling is a fad that will fail over time, but European styling does not. For me this is the nice but cheaper Audi. Whatever you buy, test drive them all and do a lot of web searches. checking out the reviews. Remember this is Motor Trends car of the year for 2012, and they know what there talking about."

Good looking vehicle with great MPG - TDI

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, Design, MPG, comfort, handling"

Cons: "may have electronic issues... :/"

"switched from a Camry Hybrid to the 2012 Passat TDI. The Passat has all the bells and whistles as compared to the Camry Hybrid basically at a comperable price. Camry had no leather or navigation. The Passat has it all and i bought it because it is a great value. Car drives great, handles awesome, fuel consumption seems to be great as well (too soon to rate at only 800 miles so far). I am a bit dissapointed as my car seems to have a electronic problem. There are times where i get in the vehicle and a warning indicator says "key not detected", when the key is in my pocket and should work. Can't start the car as it is a push start and does not have a traditional ignition to put a key in. The car is also equipped with a remote starter. Unfortunately that seems to only work when it wants to... just like with the key. I will be going back to the dealership so that hopefully they can fix this annoying problem."

First VW purchase. Love it.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "Loaded for the price, great handling"

Cons: "V6 overpriced, no rear camera"

"We looked at other cars, but had our minds set on this one. Very tight, responsive drive. Would have liked more power (got the 2.5L SEL Premium), but it comes loaded with options. Instruments are intuitive and the amount of interior space, without sacrificing trunk room, is amazing."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25