2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,074 - $19,278.

10/8.1

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Dont overlook the VW Passat TDI

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Great price; good design; comfortable ride; TDI"

Cons: "Rear view mirrors should be more squared"

"Liked the rather simple but refined styling of the 2012 Passat, so I walked out of the dealer with one. I never thought I would choose the TDI (Clean diesel) but on the test drive I liked its spunk and quiet ride...Very roomy interior, back seat/leg room near cavernous. Interior is simple, "clean", and intuitive. Car handles very well, comfortable ride. Seats are very comfortable and supportive as well. You can get German engineering and simplicity of design in a value priced, now AMERICAN BUILT mid size sedan...with a clean diesel as well. Not much more one could ask for in a practical, well designed, well built and nicely priced sedan....The Passat TDI should be high on your list, especially if you don't really want to portray a big ego about the ride you drive."

One of the best new vehicle experiences ever

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Value, features, Fuel economy, cost of ownership"

Cons: "Voice activated Navigation would be nice"

"I recent changed jobs and had to quickly aquire a car. since I would be losing my company supplied vehicle. I wanted a comfortable car that would get good fuel mileage. I was still afraid of the technology and potential cost associated with the potentia maintence of the various hybrid being offered. Battery replacement costs really scares me I have had previous experiece with Diesel powered engines in a Ford truck, (btw I would not reccomend a Ford 2004 f-350 but that is a seperate story) so I decided to investigate diesel power vehicles. Well there were not a lot of diesle powered options in the USA. So I focussed on VW. Well I am so glad I did!! I ended up purchasing the new 2012 VW Passat TDI which by the way is now made in USA. This car has been flawless since I received it in April. Quality and fit is excpetional, features, and options are more than reuired and operate perfectly. Mileage has been better than expected. After 3 month I now have 9200 Miles on this vehicle and I am averaging 30 miles per gallon in basic travel and close to 50 MPG when on road trips that consist mostly of highway driving. The car has plenty of perfomance and the TDI engine has great performance. No this car will not win any races but there is more than enough power to get around town and merge on a freeway. Check this care out it is awesome."

Awesome car! Get one you won't be disappointed

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "Price, great ride, fuel economy, comfort, style"

Cons: "tire road noise, not cars fault"

"After renting one on vacation I was hooked! Purchased pre-owned 2012 Passat SE 2.5L from Carmax 4800 miles on the clock. I have to say very impressive mileage based on my normal speed limit driving. I average 29-32 mpg combined with ac running and four people which adds weight. This car is so nicely appointed with standard amenities found on more expensive vehicles and comfortable on long trips it's just amazing. It is a lot of car for the money, there is nothing left for me to desire on it. The room is unbelievable and the seats are so comfortable. There is tons of storage locations, and overall sporty luxury. Fit and finish that rivals really high end cars. Maintenance included 3/36 can't be beat. Best of all German engineering and built in America. Great Job!"

The best vehicle I have ever owned (TDI-DSG)

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, competent, very economical, fun to drive."

Cons: "No station wagon or 4 wheel drive."

"The TDI version of this car is amazing! It accedes the EPA ratings for mileage without even trying. It is extremely quiet and has a very supple ride. The interior room is in a class by itself. I have had zero problems with the car and the dealer is one of the best I have encountered. Try it, you'll really like it!"

Amazing fuel economy, great handling, superb seats

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, fuel economy, handling, interior, stereo"

Cons: "some grainy plastic, styling not agressive enough"

"Ill start first by saying don't listen to the EPA fuel economy ratings, they are hard on diesels. While it is rated for "only" 40 mpg hwy, I exceed that by a large margin. Even with a lead foot, I still get 32-33 mpg city. With the cruise set at 75, I was averaging 46.2 mpg for my trip to Nachitoches. On a recent trip to New Orleans (355 miles from me) I had the family and luggage loaded up and the cruise set at 79 (speed limit is 75) and still averaged 42 mpg on the way down there. On the way back I kept it at 75, and got almost 47 mpg. I went 742 miles on one tank without refueling! Thats right, drove from Shreveport to New Orleans (Marerro), then to our hotel downtown, then back to Shreveport without stopping for fuel. The seats are extremely comfortable on long trips, and my back, for the first time, wasn't stiff after an 8hr drive to West Tx. Acceleration in town is excellent thanks to 236lb/ft of torque, which is what a good size V6 makes. It is quite peppy, especially if you want to zip into traffic. No waiting for the RPM's to go up like a conventional gasoline 4 cylinder. Power comes on strong at just 1,400 RPM. Highway passing power isn't phenomenal, but it is adequate, and considering the fuel economy is great. No gasoline powered car ion America comes close to the fuel economy. Not even the tiny Smart car, Chevy Spark and Toyota IQ do not match this cars fuel economy, and this car is not only much larger, but quite a bit faster as well. Faster, roomier, and better on fuel than many hybrids as well without all of that complexity, and it drives like a real car? Yes you can have your cake and eat it. This car actually has more backseat room than a Toyota Avalon, which is a full size car. The Fender Audio system is great. You can tell VW did add some cost cutting into some of the interior, but they were tactful, by keeping all of the surfaces you come in contact with regularly made of nice soft touch materials, while others that you don't normally touch are coarser and grainier plastics. The interior is by no means cheap, in fact, it was quite elegant and classy and better made than any of the Domestics we looked at. Controls were much more simple and user friendly than both the Japanese and Domestics. Driving dynamics are by far better than anything in its class. Handling is first rate, and ride is very smooth, although the factory tires can be noisy on coarse roads. Couldn't imagine how anyone could buy anything else after driving this. 3 years of free scheduled maintenance is nice too, and is something the competition does not offer. Overall I give this car a 10. This is my first VW, and I don't think it will be my last. Now if only they had a Diesel SUV with a third row. Until then, the Mercedes R class diesel, GL diesel, or an Audi Q7 TDI diesel will be on the shopping list. If you are looking for a family sedan that with the potential go 800+ miles on a tank on the highway, and is much more fun than the rest, this is the one."

See if you qualify for