2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,021 - $19,198.

Invoice N/A

10/8.1

Based on 96 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great leg room, good handling, great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Best car for the price"

"This car has lots of leg room in front and back seats. Gas mileage is better than projected - some days I average over 50/mpg during my 33 mile one-way commute. Great handling and response which really surprises me for a 4 cylinder diesel. Trunk space is almost as much as my wife's SUV."

Would not buy it again

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, engine seems good."

Cons: "Poor build quality of the interior. Rattles."

"Loved my car when I first bought it. Fun to drive, seemed solidly built, and a unique looking car compared to your Honda and Toyota competitors. If I had to do it all over again I would NOT buy this car. My reasoning may be a little picky, but I'm one of those car people who likes my car to be virtually rattle free. This car rattles a lot due to a poor fit/finish. I've had parts replaced on the interior, paid for by the dealer, which obviously showed the poor quality of the interior of the car. In addition to the rattles/squeaks, VW is still in the ice age when it comes to technology. The backup camera hasa no beeping sound, the stereo/NAV/backup cam are so slow to boot up when you start the car that you're usually well on your way before the backup cam comes on. If you're one of those who doesn't care about the fit/finish of your car and truly wants a car to get you from point A to point B then it's fine. The car is fun to drive and responsive, but the rattles and poor build quality of the interor are a deal breaker for me. Can't wait until it's paid off so I can trade it. I will never buy a VW again..."

Best mid-size car out there!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"We have had 2 other mid-size cars. My wife and I ask ourselves why we waited this long to buy a VW. For our Wedding Anniversary, we were planning a trip to California, making a loop thru the southern states and returning via the northern part of the USA. After shopping several other cars, we decided the Passat was for us; excellent road-handling, firm suspension, just-right seats, quiet engine, great MPG, etc. All 8,000+ or our Journey was delightful ."

I absolutely love this car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "nice touring Sedan for road trips"

Cons: "I probably would have opted for the SEL / TDI"

"This car is a lease and has been a joy to drive I have had no issues with it and it has performed well even this winter which was harsh on the car and the roads... handled well on snow and ice... interior is comfortable and heated seated were a plus... Had no maintenance issues or recalls. overall this car has been a joy to own. :-)"

All about personal tastes.

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "You have to drive a Passat TDI to understand."

Cons: "You either love or hate a diesel."

"We own three 2013 Passats. Two SE with manual transmissions and one SEL Premium with the DSG. All diesels. Build quality on all is well above the norm. Styling is a sort of Teutonic understated elegance differing considerably from the competition. Some like it and others don't. Totally subjective. The TDI? While diesel fuel costs more per gallon, the per mile cost is still less than the gasoline editions. Further, the diesel's forte is the open road. No annoying downshifts and range beyond belief. Comfort levels being very good on either the SE or SEL. Just more toys on the SEL. I almost forgot upfront costs... There's a considerable premium exacted for the TDI. Quite often we overlook the fact that a good portion of this cost will be returned when the car is sold or traded. The TDI makes a huge difference in value between it and its non-TDI siblings."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25