2012 Volkswagen Passat

Based on 194 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Best Passat Yet and American

By on Friday, July 8, 2016

Pros: "Fit, finish, mpg, ride, handling, quiet,"

Cons: "Dieselgate"

"This is my second Passat a TDI. My first was a 2003 6 cylinder. This is also my 5th VW. Had a 09 Jetta TDI, 03 Jetta diesel, and 2002 Bug. I like the handling and build of VW's. I do a lot of driving and all have been great road cars. My 2015 Passat SE TDI is the best yet and made in America right in my home state. This car has great road manners, fit and finish is the best. I drove this car from Tucson to Cookeville packed to the gills and still got 50 mpg. Love the backup camera all cars need this. The car is so quiet on the road. The transmission and engine are a perfect match. I drive it mostly in the economy mode. It's no slug and I still get great mpg. This car is not boring like a Camry or Accord and its not a BMW but then I didn't pay for a BMW either. I've had an issue with the check engine light. The fault says too much oxygen, probably part of the EPA issues. Now I wait and see what or if there is a fix and what it will do to the economy and performance."

2016 passat

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2016

"I never review car before but I have to put this one I purchase a 2017 CamrySE car is nice inside very good design but for money no luxury so I decided to take a trip to VW dealer I talk to the sales person take a test drive I fell in love immediately so I decided to make a deal is the manager come over and said to me you want to do this today said yes I will give you the one with lighting package I Drive out of the dealership same-day my brand-new 2016 passat I love you"

VEHICLE has averaged 40 + mpg ;has had no problems

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "see review above"

Cons: "none of note"

"Performance is super acceleration, fuel efficient, and comfortable to ride in and drive and has great trunk space."

I love this car....

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"Hi, I waited a long time to buy this car. Lots of research, back and forth, but got a great deal, and decided to go for it. I was 60 years old when I bought it, and this was suppose to be my last car....I thought I'd drive it for the next 30 years, then I'd be 90 years old. But, this TDI is one of the cars that is being recalled. So, I am taking the buy out...(really nice for me). Essentially, I will be driving the car from Aug 2013 until Oct 2018 (the latest date VW will honor the buy back), for free, and then they'll throw in an additional $5,000 for my trouble. I am sorry for VW's troubles, as I love the car. But, really, they are treating me right. I have no complaints. I just hope I can buy another on by then. Right now, you cannot buy another new TDI until they get their act together."

Too much fun!!!

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Well thought out features, big trunk, great value!"

Cons: "None. Wish I could spend more time driving!"

"Can't believe how well laid out this car is. Everything is exactly within reach and easy to operate. Love the Bluetooth so I can stream my music while I drive and I can control the radio and answer the phone with controls mounted on the steering wheel. The trunk is so big that I don't have to use the seats and floor inside the car like I used to with my old car when I bought groceries. This baby can hold a lot of stuff! The seats and interior are so comfortable it feels like they belong in a more expensive luxury car. I can't believe how luxurious this car is for such a great price. Definitely a great value for the price. The engine provides more than enough power and doesn't feel like it's just 2.5 liters. It's not sluggish like other cars I've drove in the past with small engines. The exterior is also very well designed and attractive for a midsize family sedan. Who says you can't be sporty when you have four doors? I love, love, love everything about this car! I just wish I had discovered VW a long time ago!"