2012 Volkswagen Passat

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

2013 volkswagon passat se tdi

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND FUN TO DRIVE"

"I HAVE OWNED THE VEHICLE FOR 18 MONTHS MILEAGE WAS LISTED AT 34 CITY 40 HWY. I AM GETTING 42 IN CITY OVER 50 MPG HIGHWAY. GREAT VEHICLE VERY DEPENDABLE RIDE IS QUIET AND SMOOTH.I AM STILL AMAZED AT THE MPG'S I AM GETTING. I DROVE THIS VEHICLE FROM LAKE CITY , FLORIDA TO MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE ON LESS THAN A TANK OF FUEL. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR FUEL ECONOMY AND COMFORT THIS IS YOUR VEHICLE."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and excellent MPG"

Cons: "no backup camera or sensors on this version"

"This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned so far. I purchased a 2013 TDI SE version with the DSG transmission. I average over 40 MPG in mixed driving. Where I was filling up every week in my old vehicle I now can go 2 weeks on a fill up which is around 700 miles. Took the car on a trip to Atlanta and got over 50 MPG. And this is before the engine has gotten broken in. Have not a problem with the car. Interior room is extremely large and seats are comfortable. You can get similar mileage to a small hybrid car with the Passat yet you have a lot more room."

TDI SE Great fuel milage average 43 MPG

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Very enjoyable to drive."

Cons: "none so far"

"This is my 3 Passat and I just love this car it is very comfortable on long trips and has plenty of room. I realy like the DSG transmission and the TDI engine has plenty of power even with 4 adults and luggage."

So Far So Good

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Great lines, killer interior, bluetooth rocks"

Cons: "A little sluggish off the line"

"The jury is still out a bit as I just bought this 2012 Passat SE PZEV from a dealership last weekend. I had been driving a 99 BMW 528i for 10 years and have been amazed at all the techno in the Passat. The BlueTooth is fantastic to have, I get in the car, flip the iphone to BT and the car connects me automatically. The rear seating in enormous, it along with the longated rear windows reminds me of the older XJ12 Jags. The vehicle is a little sluggish off the line when excellerating but it might be due to the ac being on. Trunck is crazy huge, I could probably fit three golf bags back there and have some room left. The touchscreen entertainment system is a refreshing change from the 99 BMW 528i cassette player (right!!), The overall design is classic. This car will look good 10-15 years from now and I attribulte that to classic German engineering and design. There are clearly Audi influence in the overall presentation. The value seems to be there, we'll see."

Worse car and company ever

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "good fuel efficiency, spacious interior"

Cons: "unreliability and horrendous customer service/care"

"This car has been a nightmare for us. Around 41K mi, the engine light came on and we had to get the entire fuel system replaced. The dealership service center blamed it on a bad batch of diesel feul...suspect. About 1K mile later, engine light comes on again and we had to get a sensor replaced. same dealership service center said "sensors just fail sometimes." suspect...shouldn't happen on a 2 1/2 year old car. 45K miles in and my engine completely dies on a busy interstate while i'm 5 months pregnant. apparently a bolt holding the injector pumps in place broke, dislodged the pumps and killed the engine. breakage was traced back to fuel system replacement done 3 months ago. i filed a formal complaint with dealership and GM of dealership reacted by aggressively demanding his rental car back and threatening to call the cops on me if i don't return it immediately (we were loaned the car until our repairs were done). VW of america customer care heard about all the incidents but took no action or accountability for what happened. worst car ever owned and will never buy VW ever again. buyers beware! loved the car until something went wrong. then it was a chain of reaction that got worse and worse. and this was just 2 and 1/2 years into ownership, didn't even reach 45K miles when major malfunctions occurred. you're really on your own since VW will not provide any customer care support. VW dealerships are also independent franchises so there's no guarantee of quality workmanship, even though they are "authorized dealers" and "authorized service centers" VW needs to stand behind their work and their customers. when something goes wrong in a car that is advertised as car of the year or family car of the year, take some responsibility for it. seems like once you give them your money, that's all they really care about, since they let dealerships do whatever and behave however they want, not ensuring any type of standard of quality in servicing or customer care. it's absolutely unacceptable. i've been completely disgusted and appalled by my experiences with this car and VW overall and hope this review helps others steer clear away from this car and this company."