2012 Volkswagen Passat

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

TDI SE 6 speed manual is the best one

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, quiete and tourquey little diesel."

Cons: "Need to learn to drive manaul ecconomically."

"I typically get 47MPG combined hwy /city. Diesel is 10% above unleaded around Colorado. Recently drove to California and averaged 51.1MPG, first leg was 687 miles on 3/4 of a tank. Why go hybrid or electric? Simple diesel lowers driving cost so low it is no longer the expensive part to driving. No service problems in 45K miles. My 30K service was only $400 with service before that paid by VW."

Very good value in midsize sedan.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "Quality of construction and ride. Comfort."

Cons: "Poor original tires."

"This car has a solid feel to its construction and ride. I have the manual 5-speed. It is fun to drive and handles well in corners and over bumps. The interior is quite comfortable. The lumbar support in the driver's seat is excellent. Features include dual climate zones, heated seats, roomy trunk and back seats, automatic headlamps, directional lights on the side view mirrors. etc. This an all-around very good car for the price. The gas mileage has been consistently 25-26 mpg combined. The only negative I experienced with this car was that the original Hankook tires were completely worn at 25,000 miles."

Expensive to Own

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Roomy and great for long trips"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain"

"This vehicle is comfortable to drive, very roomy inside (the backseat area is large). It is nice that a refuel is every 600 miles or so, as well. The problem I am having is that with diesel fuel not that cheap, I am not saving money with driving this diesel vehicle. But the big thing is how expensive it is to maintain - have to go to a smog shop with special equipment, the 40,000 tune-up cost me $800 and the AdBlue additive for the engine is an extra expense. Overall, very nice to drive...but I drove my 2006 Jetta TDI for 100,000 miles and it not only handled better but not one time in 100,000 did I spend anything over and beyond regular tune-ups, a set of new tires, and a couple headlight bulb replacements. More is not always better.....(I still can't force myself to use the back-up camera for reversing, so that really is not a perk for me)"

Extremely comfortable

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "comfortable - great milage"

Cons: "a few issues have had me at the dealer too often"

"I have just completed 14000 miles of winter driving in MI, WI and MN in a 2015 TDI SEL Passat. Best winter car I have ever driven and I have had AWD's before. Sure footed, very functional traction control and a very solid ride. Great Mileage at approx. 46 mpg highway and city combined (mostly highway miles). A few annoying glitches to begin with. The only complaint is the entertainment center/radio ridiculously slow and does not work at all in really cold temps. But on the other hand never had a problem starting in temps down to -30. I'd buy another one. Very helpful service department."

2013 VOLKSWAGON PASSAT TDI

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "GREAT PRICE FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "SITS LOW TO THE GROUND."

"I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR FOR TWO YEARS. IT IS DEPENDABLE RIDES SMOOTH LOW ROAD NOISE. IT IS THE MOST FUN TO DRIVE VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED.THE SOUND SYSTEM IS WONDERFUL , STEERING WORKS VERY WELL. THE TURBO DIESEL IS VERY AGRESSIVE (WANTS TO GO) IT TAKES OFF AND IF YOU NEED TO PASS ANOTHER CAR IT GOES."