2012 Volkswagen Passat

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

BEST CAR EVER MADE

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NONE"

I am soo in love with this car! I have never been so satisfied with a vehicle like i am with this one!

"I've had 2 Jetta's in the past and I traded in my Jetta for a Scion tC.....not worth it. I was not happy from day one. So I went to the dealership Monday and traded in my tC for the 2015 Passat Sport 1.8T. I absolutely LOVE this luxurious vehicle."

awesome vehicle for the value

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, eye-catching, its a VW"

Cons: "could use some lighting upgrades"

"Leased this VW to roll over some negative equity in a previous vehicle and was pleasantly surprised. Went in to look at a Jetta and left with a Passat. Rides better than some Cadillac's I've been in, can't beat the gas mileage for the power that comes from the engine, and the overall styling is pretty fun."

Outstanding TDI Passat

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Outstanding fuel economy. Tons of rear leg room"

"My 2012 TDI Passat turned out to be a much better vehicle than I anticipated. I typically turn my vehicles over every two years but not this time.. The Passat has been extremely reliable and fun to drive. Im geting up to 800 miles per tank on freeway trips which I take 3 to 4 days a week. It has good looks and never lets me down. Keep up the quality control VW and I will consider my next car a TDI Passat, however, that might be quite a ways down the road."

Diesel particulate filter clogged with soot!

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable and roomy"

Cons: "TDI can't handle short drives, buyer beware"

"I have owned a 2015 Passat TDI SE for three weeks. I live about a mile away from work and I drive home for lunch. I drove it on the highway during the weekend and I like how it handles. I was driving back home from the store one day when my check engine light came on, my glow plug light was flashing, my diesel particulate filter (DPF) change light came on, the multifunction display said the DPF was clogged with soot and the car became very under powered. I only had 700 miles on the car and took it to the mechanics. They took it for a "special drive." It says in the owners manual to drive it at 45 mph in 4th gear for 15 minutes if the DPF light comes on and that's what they did. That's because the diesel particulate filter needs to be hot in order to clear the emissions. I didn't find this out until after I got the car and because I only live a mile away from work it's getting clogged. The mechanic told me it was going to cost $100 if I bring it to him again for the "special drive." It could cost about $2000 to replace the filter if it gets clogged more than 95% and the worst part of it is that it's not covered under the warranty because VW sees it as "your fault" for driving short frequent trips. This is the worst engineering design I've ever heard of and VW should have a warning. I shouldn't have to change my driving habits or spend money on maintenance on a brand new car just because I live close to work. If VW warned me I would have bought a different car. I'm taking it straight back to the dealership and telling them to give me something else. This is the worst car I've ever owned."

confort ,ice blue /wht.int and ex.fuel eco.

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "it's perfect for anyone"

Cons: "make in usa"

"my car is an exc.condition out side and interior , maintenance at vw dealer only with less than 21000 miles"