2012 Volkswagen Passat

Based on 124 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Very happy with my new car!!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Interior seating, cavernous trunk, great controls"

Cons: "Have to lock doors with key fob or from outside"

"I was looking for a sedan that could seat 5 people all over 6 feet tall, comfortably and-voila!! Enter the Passat. Bought a 2014 1.8L TSI Wolfsburg edition and get very good gas mileage, great handling, nice interior design, ease of use with controls, a top-notch Bluetooth Sirius XM radio and am still impressed by the exterior good looks all for a very reasonable price. I looked seriously at the Ford Fusion 2.0L Ecoboost, and the Honda Accord. While the Ford has impressive pickup, the TSI Passat can definitely hold its own. As soon as I tried the Honda, with my seat all the way back and legs wrapped around the steering wheel I just could not get comfortable on the test drive and knew any passenger I had would feel the same. Time will tell whether or not it has a high cost of ownership, but then again-that's what extended warranties are supposed to be for-right???"

Powersteering overly stiff for my wife

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Nice highway car"

Cons: "Steering stiffness is too much for most women"

"This is a "man's car", not suitable for a frail lady!"

nice ride huge trunk huge back seat

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage, huge back seat area and trunk"

Cons: "wierd placement of steering wheel to drivers seat,"

"only had to fill up twice a month typically unless I had a long trip. The drivers side seat is off set to the steering wheel - something I did not notice until after the purchase and it bugged me. The vehicle ran great and I did not need to fill it up much which is AWESOME! plenty of room for passengers and luggage and golf clubs! Overall good and reliable car."

Ok

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "solid"

Cons: "radio ...."

"Solid sedan, great acceleration cheep radio. Cars that cost 10K less now days have better radio than this model."

2013 Passat S offers good value for your $$$

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Solid build, good handling, well laid out"

Cons: "Wish gas mileage was better"

"Bought my 2013 VW Passat S used, so I didn't have to deal with the break-in period. Car is solidly built and feels good on the road - that is, I feel connected to the road, but without the harsh ride of a sports car. The interior is well laid out, with everything within easy reach. Seats are comfortable and adjustable. While some (both pro and consumer) reviews malign the in-line 5 cylinder engine for its (seeming) lack of power and fuel economy, personally I've found the engine to offer all the power I need for most driving comditions (though there is a slight lag when you first step on the gas, but then it takes right off). But to off-set this, there is the "S"port gear that mimics the acceleration of a sports car if you need it - and can be shifted into and out of at any time. BIG trunk, and the legroom in the back seats is second to none in its class. Plus there is plenty of room for the driver and passenger. Road noise is low, and I LOVE having the Bluetooth for music and phone. Can't yet speak about reliability as I haven't had the car long enough, but other then my wish for better fuel economy (who doesn't wish for that?), I've found the basic version of the Passat to be a fine car for the money."