2010 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 512 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Smooth, quiet, convenient, quick

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Power, mileage, amenities, road feel"

Cons: "They don't make this model any longer"

"I've owned more than one BMW, Lexus, Acura -- and this Passat beats them all. It even drives better than its cousin, the Audi A4, and is a much better value. So many little touches that you pay thousands more to get on other cars -- or that other cars don't even have (four sun visors, umbrella holder in door so it can drain onto the road, three coin/misc holders, great wide adjustable armrest). Plus, it drives smoothly, accelerates quickly, gets great gas mileage (26 city, 33 on the road) and has a big gas tank so you can get 500 miles on a tank (hwy). If people only knew, it would outsell the Camry and Accord. The sad thing is, they don't make this model any longer. The new Passat cuts a lot of corners. I always trade after three years -- this may be the first exception. It's irreplaceable."

Japan is better

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"Bought this car new in June of 07 have had to take it to the dealer 7 times for for dash lights coming on everything from check engine to low tire pressure all the contrlos went out in steering wheel. No engine problems or trans but alot of annoying problems. This car way over engineered. Always owned Nissan or Toyota and can remember only one problem. Germans make a good looking car and rides great but to much hassel. get extended warr."

some good, some bad

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"I bought this car one year ago. The first time I drove it I just fell in love with the car. The performance is great for the engine size and fuel economy is great. Also this is the most comfortable car I've EVER been in. trunk space is amazing. There are some bad things that come along with this car though also. For one It is in the shop anywhere from one to three times a month!!! this car is not reliable at all. If I didn't have a warranty I would be paying more to fix the car than my car payment! I recently decied to put a software mod on my car from apr and it has made all the differance in the world! 52 more horsepower, 100 more foot pounds of touque, better gas mileage, and best of all, NO ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS SINCE! overall the car is worth it of you don't mind spending a few days here and here at th dealer."

I really love this car.

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "comfort and cargo and great mileage"

Cons: "They are no longer making this model."

"I really love this car. Very comfortable and drives great. It gets great mileage and lots of cargo space."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive, great looking, great interior"

"This car is gorgeous, and is super fun to drive. I love the biege interior and black exterior. it is a luxury sport ride. The maintanence is expensive, but its worth it!. Gas milage not great.. but its worth it!.. you dont buy this car for economy, but for looks fun and the experience!. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy their ride. THe lights interior at night are red.. and blue super super cool. I love that too. Tires are pricey but get michellins and they will last 80000 miles, also a great lesson."