2010 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 501 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Very reliable, good looking, fast and fun to drive

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, very good warranty, good economy"

Cons: "Jack is difficult to use. Seat controls awkward"

"All around great car with excellent gas mileage."

very trustful car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "everything about this car"

"If you change the oil regularly( requires full synthetic) and check the water level,this car will give you no problem unless you are extremely unlucky. Of course you have to change some parts on some miles as book says. This car meets all my expectation, very comfortable very safe, huge trunk, nice to drive,looks cool inside and outside, economic( actually I was expecting better for fuel consumption but still better then most of the cars). The negative things, you need to use full synthetic oil but they are not too expensive any more. And also you have to use min 91fuel because car has turbo engine."

Fastest, best handling car I have ever had!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, great handling,gas mileage, and cargo room"

Cons: "Cup holders need work"

This is a year ago. The snow is deeper today, 21 February 2014.

"As the Review Summary says, I think this is the fastest, best handling car I have ever had! And I have had quite a few cars since my first one in 1972!"

This is a year ago. The snow is deeper today, 21 February 2014.

biggest peice I've ever owned

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive when working correctly"

Cons: "always in the shop!"

"bought used and from day one the engine light has been on fixed problem still comes on. Always something wrong, interior is really nice but the plastic at your feet is coming off. Plenty of truck space."

Perhaps my second best car owned over 60 years.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage for it's size. Looks great."

"A beautiful car with lots of room in cabin and trunk. It and it's on board appointments have functioned well over three years. It is comfortable and reliable."

Very Smooth and Solid Ride

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value"

Love at first sight

"I have had numerous VWs and Audis, This Passat is the best! Not because it is the newest, but because the refinement in this car is fantastic. Everyone who rides in it asks again, 'What Car is this?" because it rides so smoothly over these New York Streets. I purchased this car in September of 2013 with 92k miles, and now in Feb of 2014, I have 102k miles. I have had zero issues, and have enjoyed the Fuel efficiency of the Turbo 4cyl, as well as the Power and torque this motor has. The features of my LUX edition wagon are excellant, and in my opinion, are better at thier ingunuity than the BMW, and Mercedes Wagons I looked at. I would heartily recommend this car for anyone looking for Value that carries with it Panache."

Love at first sight

A DISSAPPOINTING GORGEOUS CAR

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Gorgeous Styling, Driving Dynamics, Value"

Cons: "Unreliable as it gets"

"Being a die hard Honda owner for over 20 years, I decided in 2006 to change things up a bit and went with a German make. After several test drives and researching I went with the 2006 VW Passat 2.0T FSI Sedan. At first I fell in love with the style, driving dynamics, technology, perceived quality and standard features for a car in this class - heck - this is an Audi A4 at a discount! The only difference were the logos on the car really! My romance went away pretty quickly when the issues began to emerge from the first month of ownership. Issues: 2nd week of ownership - glove compartment lock inop - took 3 months to get new one from Germany, several check engine lights, interior parts peeling off, the headliner falling apart and replaced at 10,000 miles, the wiper motor failed twice under warranty - and recently had to change out the whole assembly at my expense during the recent Polar Vortex we have had, rear brakes replaced 3 times already, tires wore out first year of driving this car, rusted trunk lid replaced in 2013, coolant system failure, oil leaks, fuel pump/cam shaft follower replacement, and of course more and more check engine and other colorful dash lights that always come back. Overall the worst vehicle I have ever owned by far. I understand that cars have issues, however, what made the ownership experience of this car awful was the lack of a dealership network that you can count on to fix your vehicle correctly the first time after you spend a bundle taking it to them, and having to escalate to VW NA to get anything done and paid for under warranty and recall. I have serviced this car by factory standards with several "certified VW dealers" from the start, and this car continues to have issues. Luckily, I have been able to figure out how to do my own things on this car to save some money, but when it comes to it's ridiculous array of electronics - I am lost. Right now, the cruise control doesn't function anymore on the car, and I have to look at the annoying warning light gracing my instrument panel every time the car is driven. Since my wife is now a stay at home mom and doesn't drive great distances, she has decided to drive it and keep it - though I personally would have wanted to drop it into Lake Michigan and call it a day! I recently leased a 2014 Acura TSX, and vowed to never ever go back to driving a VW or any other "German Made" sedan again - point blank - I lost some money with this car but learned my lesson to never be disloyal to the car brands that have always been good to me."

I LOVE my Passat!!

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great price, beautiful, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Premium gas"

"My '09 Passat is AWESOME!! The handling & control in this car is like a much more expensive vehicle. When I drive a BMW or Benz, there is no difference in the feel& it is as beautiful. I would buy another one if the style had not changed so much."

Not Worth the Money New or Used -- Many Problems

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "handles well, fun to drive"

Cons: "Exterior paint issues and peeling of knobs"

"My 2006 Passat has been nothing but trouble. Engine Light issues, AC changed twice,throttle body, new transmission last year and now paint is peeling."

handles well

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "lots of pep"

Cons: "expensive upkeep"

"color is unique, fun to drive for a wagon. good quality leather seats not the cheesy leather I see on other cars. lots of little extras like the pull down sunshades in the backseat, total of 4 plugs for chargers, small storage nooks in back, compartment in door for umbrella. Cons: upkeep is more expensive than other vehicles I've had. Takes premium fuel, tires are more expensive, oil changes cost double my other car."