2009 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 507 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive, great looking, great interior"

"This car is gorgeous, and is super fun to drive. I love the biege interior and black exterior. it is a luxury sport ride. The maintanence is expensive, but its worth it!. Gas milage not great.. but its worth it!.. you dont buy this car for economy, but for looks fun and the experience!. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy their ride. THe lights interior at night are red.. and blue super super cool. I love that too. Tires are pricey but get michellins and they will last 80000 miles, also a great lesson."

Rocket Wagen

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Build Quality, Reliability"

Cons: "Regular maintenance is a bit more expensive"

"I've owned my 3.6 wagon for about 2 years now and it's the perfect car for someone who travels for work. I drive about 25k miles/year and the Passat has proven to be fast, comfortable, spacious and durable (exterior and interior finish quality is outstanding for this price range). The only "failure" I've experienced is a defective fuel pressure sensor that was replaced under the certified warranty and otherwise, it has been absolutely reliable. If you are looking for a vehicle with the room of a mid-size SUV but handles more like a sports car, check out the Passat. My only regret is I didn't hold out for one with 4-motion all-wheel drive."

Fantactic Vehicle!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Greatest protection with great price."

"11/14/2011 I was the victim of a crash - this car did everything I was told it would do to protect me. I may have been banged, battered, and bruised but without a doubt if I had been in any other vehicle I would not be writting this review today. Long story, short version, I stated what I wanted in a vehicle, I just didn't put a brand name on the request. God picked and placed me in the safest vehicle he could because he knew this day was coming, after all, they are made for the autobaun - and I am going back to a VW Passat. Who am I to question God's wisdom, especially when HE saved my life?"

By on Saturday, May 01, 2010

"We have an 07 Passat wagon, 4 motion w/ 3.6L. Great car that can't be stopped in the snow. Seriously, with the traction control this is the best car I have ever driven in the snow. Has more power than anyone needs in a road car, but uses it well. You can travel at the speed limit and if you need to pass, it loves to help you out. Also handles very well around town. A million features that have all worked well and the visibility is perfect. If you've had a VW before you know you either get a good one or you don't. Buy the warranty if it's offered, could prove worth it's money quickly(we had to replace a xenon headlight unit). Overall, great car that is fun to drive anywhere, anytime, with the family or alone.\"

some good, some bad

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"I bought this car one year ago. The first time I drove it I just fell in love with the car. The performance is great for the engine size and fuel economy is great. Also this is the most comfortable car I've EVER been in. trunk space is amazing. There are some bad things that come along with this car though also. For one It is in the shop anywhere from one to three times a month!!! this car is not reliable at all. If I didn't have a warranty I would be paying more to fix the car than my car payment! I recently decied to put a software mod on my car from apr and it has made all the differance in the world! 52 more horsepower, 100 more foot pounds of touque, better gas mileage, and best of all, NO ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS SINCE! overall the car is worth it of you don't mind spending a few days here and here at th dealer."