2009 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 497 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

I love this vehicle, it is very powerful.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to Drive, Powerful Engine, comfor"

Cons: "Pricey to repair.. Keep up preventive maint."

"This car ride is smooth and comfortable, inside as well as the outside is stylish, nice cock pit - fully loaded. The only thing I regret is the expense involved with repairs. My suggestion is buy extended warranty make sure everything is covered. The prior owner covered up a vacuum leak that cost me about $700. to repair. Other than that I am very satisfied with this purchase, In fact back in 2006, this car priced in the mid to upper 30Ks. I would not have been able to afford it. But even now in 2014 this is a beautiful looking and performing machine."

Cons: "None except burning oil which is supposedly normal"

"Had a 2001 prior to this (1.8 liter turbo, manual) but the '08 with 2.0 turbo, automatic is much faster. I'm 6' 3" and there is plenty of leg and head room. Handles very well. Gas mileage could be better, especially in suburban traffic (23-25 mpg)and have never seen better than 32 mpg on highway (I do drive 10 over the limit which contributes to lower mpg). This is a typical German car requiring maintenance. Had a shreaded cam follower and needed new intake cam and high pressure pump. Thankfully, covered under warranty. Also, check oil often, it does burn about 2 quarts every 3,000 miles."