2008 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 508 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Borderline entry luxury class with good handling.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Vg handling. Good build quality. Luxurious."

Cons: "No bluetooth."

"Very good value. German quality build. Lots of features, including auto rear hatch door. Well though out car. Good performance with turbo engine plus 30mpg on highway. Luxurious interior including real wood trim and rear window shades. All around good value."

Fantactic Vehicle!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Greatest protection with great price."

"11/14/2011 I was the victim of a crash - this car did everything I was told it would do to protect me. I may have been banged, battered, and bruised but without a doubt if I had been in any other vehicle I would not be writting this review today. Long story, short version, I stated what I wanted in a vehicle, I just didn't put a brand name on the request. God picked and placed me in the safest vehicle he could because he knew this day was coming, after all, they are made for the autobaun - and I am going back to a VW Passat. Who am I to question God's wisdom, especially when HE saved my life?"

Smooth, quiet, convenient, quick

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Power, mileage, amenities, road feel"

Cons: "They don't make this model any longer"

"I've owned more than one BMW, Lexus, Acura -- and this Passat beats them all. It even drives better than its cousin, the Audi A4, and is a much better value. So many little touches that you pay thousands more to get on other cars -- or that other cars don't even have (four sun visors, umbrella holder in door so it can drain onto the road, three coin/misc holders, great wide adjustable armrest). Plus, it drives smoothly, accelerates quickly, gets great gas mileage (26 city, 33 on the road) and has a big gas tank so you can get 500 miles on a tank (hwy). If people only knew, it would outsell the Camry and Accord. The sad thing is, they don't make this model any longer. The new Passat cuts a lot of corners. I always trade after three years -- this may be the first exception. It's irreplaceable."

Poor Quality and No Factory Support

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"Great performance, but be prepared to be on a first name basis with your dealer. Everything is special and expensive for this car. My camshaft failed at 87k. This is a known problem with this car, but VW refused to acknowledge this was an issue even though they sent out a TSB saying they had a quality issue with the camshafts. $2700 later, my car was back on the road. If you like being farfignugened by the dealer, this is the car for you!"

Japan is better

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"Bought this car new in June of 07 have had to take it to the dealer 7 times for for dash lights coming on everything from check engine to low tire pressure all the contrlos went out in steering wheel. No engine problems or trans but alot of annoying problems. This car way over engineered. Always owned Nissan or Toyota and can remember only one problem. Germans make a good looking car and rides great but to much hassel. get extended warr."