2008 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 503 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"It has had more recalls then the last election. Been on the tow hook 2 times in last 60 day. then picked up and didnt even make it home and a/c SYSTEM failed. tire pressure system will not reset have to take it to dealer to do it ."

Disappointed

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Positives: The car is comfortable and handles well. Controls are well placed and easy to use. It is very nice looking and the fit and finish is excellent. The trunk is not too deep but plenty roomy. The car has decent rear seat leg-room too. I have the 4-cylinder turbo and there is plenty of pep. Negatives: Cannot program the doors to unlock automatically – troublesome when one likes to get out and open the trunk or a passenger door – have to remember to unlock first. Abysmal reliability – been in the shop 4 times in less than 30k miles for engine component failures."

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"It's like driving a high $$$ luxury car--so solid."

Very unreliable

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Fun to drive, good performance. Reliability is extremely poor, worst experience I've had among all the cars I've owned."

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I have owned my 06 Passat for one year. I absolutely love this car. It has great pick up, wonderful gas milage for its size, it's very comfortable, fun to drive, and just does everything well. I have black over tan and it is a very striking car in black. It really shows off the chrome. I have had some chanllenges with the vehicle. However, I blame the dealer more than the car. It often takes several trips to the dealer to complete any minor repair. All repairs have been minor to this point. I would higly reccomend this vehicle. I had been driving Accords since 1989. It was time for a change and this has been a wonderful experience. As for the manual seats... I prefer them. My partner is 6'3" and I am 5'5". I never have an issue finding a comfortable position and adjusting everything to meet both of our needs. It is also done much more quickly than waiting for the power motors to move you. I traded in a 5 mo. old Lexus is250 with power seats because I couldn't get comfortable."