2008 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 494 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Reliable!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have had this car since October 2005 when they first came out with the new model. I have driven extensively in it and have had no problems whatsoever in regards to performance. The only issue I have had is the door handle started peeling and the lock/window buttons began to bubble, but they replaced those no questions asked. I have had great luck with VW's, I previously leased a 2003 Jetta and had NO problems with it at all! I think VW puts out a good quality vehicle for the price."

Second Serving

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"This is my second VW, my first was a 2005 VW Golf which I loved! I like the siz of this vehicle and for $15,000 less then the A6 which shares the platform, but it turns just as many heads. I have not had any problems thus far with the vehicle. I live in an area with a lot of snow potential and the vehicle handled well when I needed it to. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for Audi features without the Audi price tag."

Unusual experience?

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"We leased a loaded 2007 3.6 4Motion VW Passat. We appreciated the value for the loaded option list, comparable to an Audi or BMW The first 8 months were great,.,,THEN....the antilock brakes began to fail, THEN....the engine timing chain broke, our dealer took the car in for repairs..2 ENGINES LATER..and 40 days in the shop..brakes still malfunctioning. We are requesting refund, based on the prevailing LEMON LAW in effect in our state. Be wary!!!!"

swithing to the darkside

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I actually held of on this review to see if the vw reliability had REALLY improved. after driving the new passat for the last year, i have decided that VW is my new marque, it has given me worry free performance and reliability with safety to boot. the service i recieved from my local dealership in Fairfax has been exceptional, i dealt with hondas, mazdas, and toyotas all my life and have never recieved such service in the sales or service end of it. heres a praise VW, keep up the good work!"

2006 Passat

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Bought this car new. Great power, stylish, cool features. However, would not recommend the car. Used 2 quarts of oil in 10,000 miles. Several sensor issues and repairs in the 30,000 miles I have owned it. Would suggest looking at other vehicles if looking for reliability."